ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-ILLINOIS PREDICTION THREAD

We win and guarantee we'll finish out of the basement and possibly in 12th. Not great but an improvement.

No, no loss this time. The Phoenix rises from the dead.
Rutgers finds its desire and energy and wins a close game against the Central Illinois Ploughboys.

Last edited:
I don't usually make such predictions but the Illini seem to be getting better as the season progresses, which is what you would like to see with a new coach. Hopefully we can raise our game and finish strong but I don't have a good feeling about this one.

I like the fact that Illinois played Purdue tough last night (down by only 5 at the half) and was actually leading several times in the second half, only to loose by ten. That had to be deflating! I hope they come in here Sunday tired depressed and flat!

Rutgers 65
Enemy 61

Hoping for a Illinois win to finish the same 14-17 as last year ...

Rutgers 62
Illinois 61

Illinois stinks but they have shown recently the ability to score in the 60-75 point range. Rutgers needs at least 45 points from Sanders,Baker and Freeman.If Baker doesn't play ,I don't see how Rutgers can win.

With Baker Rutgers 63 Illinois 61.Without Baker Illinois 68 Rutgers 55.Hopefully,there will be a good crowd to honor the seniors.

They walloped at their place. I can only hope Coach P has a plan & the guys see this as a challange. If Baker isnt healthy & Freeman not motivated it could be a long night

Illini 72
RU 63

They walloped at their place. I can only hope Coach P has a plan & the guys see this as a challange. If Baker isnt healthy & Freeman not motivated it could be a long night

Illini 72
RU 63

In his press conference today, Pikiell expects Geo to be ready to have a full roster.

Reactions: mikefla
RUTGERS 66 Illinois 62 before 5,111 at the RAC

Wish you were right about the score. But, You were way off on the attendance. To my surprise there were actually 7000 people in attendance. Good job by Hobbs and Co. It can’t be easy getting people to come to a game when the team just constantly disappoints.

Wish you were right about the score. But, You were way off on the attendance. To my surprise there were actually 7000 people in attendance. Good job by Hobbs and Co. It can’t be easy getting people to come to a game when the team just constantly disappoints.

yes very surprised to see the attendance vs a team that RU was tied for last with

I’m not joking that I think attendance would be 2000 a game better in Weekend games versus weeknight games
No classes for students and the public not having to rush from work are the reasons why weekend games should draw larger attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT