ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-ILLINOIS PREDICTION THREAD

Champaign is another house of horrors for us.

Illinois -74. Rutgers - 61.

Illinois won easily at the RAC .I don't expect different result with this rematch.

Illinois 78 Rutgers 64

Reactions: SBP
Adding Mag, Austin Williams and some signs of life from Cliff and Gavin and subtract Shannon from Illinois. Looks like a lot closer game to me, assuming RU remains scrappy and attacks the glass.

Asking a lot to win, but keep Illinois on the perimeter and locate shooters like Goode and RU should have a chance.

RU 72 Illinois 68.

RU is better now than they were when they played Illinois the first time. Still not enough to win at their place. Illinois 71 RU 61

Adding Mag, Austin Williams and some signs of life from Cliff and Gavin and subtract Shannon from Illinois. Looks like a lot closer game to me, assuming RU remains scrappy and attacks the glass.

Asking a lot to win, but keep Illinois on the perimeter and locate shooters like Goode and RU should have a chance.

RU 72 Illinois 68.
Definitely a different situation with Mag and AWill for us, and no Shannon for them. But I feel like playing this game in Champaign counteracts those personnel differences.

Illinois has really shrunk their rotation of late, going primarily with 7 guys (only Dainja and G Harmon off the bench). Regardless, I would expect us to defend Illinois as follows:

6-8 Guerrier - Hyatt
6-10 Hawkins - Cliff
6-6 Domask - Mag
6-7 Goode - Simpson
6-6 Rodgers - AWill

I put Simpson on Goode because Rodgers is more burly and doesn’t take threes, so that’s a better matchup for AWill, while Goode is a perimeter player and can be tightly defended by 6-3 Simpson.

But, damn, if there ever was a game we could use another 6-4 tough guard (JWill), it’s this one. Illinois is long, athletic, and tough.

Reactions: Scangg
For all the reasons mentioned above, I think we keep it closer than when we played them at home.

They beat us by 18 at our place so now with our new starting five I’ll say we lose by 9:

IL 78
RU 69

Illinois is without its best player. RU did not have Mag in the first matchup, and he is arguably the best or most important player on the team. I think this can be close even on the road assuming reasonable guard play.

RU 74 - 72

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
Shannon fresh off the rape suspension.

Rutgers 59
Illinois 80
They got a judge to rule he should be eligible. Being accused of rape is different than being found guilty. Just in time for RU game. If Illinois has any feeling for the victim, they would sit him.

I assume we will lose. But for me the big question is which team we will see. Will we see the team we saw against Nebraska with all the energy and motion on offense and the tenacious rebounding and D? Or that other team that loses all the games?

Reactions: bac2therac
They got a judge to rule he should be eligible. Being accused of rape is different than being found guilty. Just in time for RU game. If Illinois has any feeling for the victim, they would sit him.
Shannon is the victim. He’s getting railroaded

Rutgers might have found some chemistry, finally, and my heart thinks it can be close, my eyes and brain says Illinois is better in every way.

I always go with my heart. Rutgers wins a close one.

You do understand that Illinois suspended him and a federal judge (not a local judge) ruled that he didn’t get due process. If he is innocent, the suspension takes away his playing, his NIL, and hurts his NBA prospects.

He says he didn’t do it and the DNA is not his. Again, there is no accusation of intercourse. It’s grabbing her by the p*ssy in a crowded public bar.

If he is found innocent and wasn’t allowed to play, how unfair is that?

Illinois was the defendant in the injunction case, by the way. Illinois didn’t “get” a judge to do anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT