ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-INDIANA PREDICTION THREAD

RU hits on those big plays, unfortunately IU does as well. Last one with the ball wins. Another coin flip. We got the flip last week, not so lucky this week.

RU 33
IU 38

Indiana 34
RU 28

Michael Penix's ability to run a 2 minute offense will be the difference in this game and it will end on a game winning TD. Their offense gives me nightmares of the 2006 WVU offense with Brown and Slaton. (Would have said Pat White but Penix is a big dude at 6'3, 220.)

Indiana 41 Rutgers 31
I bet we play well and put up a good fight but the defense may struggle a bit too much vs. that IU QB and the way that offense plays - kid looked phenomenal vs. PSU. Could certainly see another upset tho!

Reactions: bigmatt718
You sound like my wife now. Post game after predicting a win and a loss she always says, I told ya!

RU keeps the mojo flowing with a 28-27 win
Haha, I can understand the reaction. Look, if its a clean game on both sides for both teams and we win, I'll be thrilled and surprised. Either way, I don't see a blowout since the new staff and transfers bring a much needed maturity and respond to big moments in the game.

Fans should be very happy with the Michigan State win to break the consecutive league losses.Reality in such a powerful league is that Rutgers has a very small margin for error as Schiano starts bringing better talent into the program.Indiana defeated Penn State which is a clear indication that this game will be far more difficult for Rutgers because of their play makers.Without fans in the stadium there is no home field advantage.Rutgers must win the turnover battle and put points on the score board.or it will be a long afternoon.There will be ups and downs as the season progresses and the coaching staff learns more about the players and what adjustments need to be made.

Indiana 27 Rutgers 17

RU 32
iu 23
Worked like a charm before, so no changing my prediction SHARP AXE

that was the biggest win in IU football history, and the way it happened likely took an emotional toll...that was their Ville in 2006....we can be like Cincy with Noah like Nick (Cincy QB) who played out of his mind...

RU 30-27

Indiana 24-14.

Rutgers offense is better and defense is better but they're running into an upperclassmen laden team which has been around for a while. So fewer mistakes to capitalize on. I do think it'll be a one score game going into the 4th and we eclipse our offensive output for all of 2019.

Last edited:
I am shocked with the high amount of points predicted for both teams. We had a lot of short fields that helped us and Indiana had about 130 yards before a PSU’s prevent defense and overtime yards. If PSU didn’t screw up and score, Indiana would have been outgained 400+ yards to about 130.

RU 23
Indiana 20

I am shocked with the high amount of points predicted for both teams. We had a lot of short fields that helped us and Indiana had about 130 yards before a PSU’s prevent defense and overtime yards. If PSU didn’t screw up and score, Indiana would have been outgained 400+ yards to about 130.

RU 23
Indiana 20
I agree with you, about the score.
I had already gone even lower RU 17 to 14.

Reactions: Knight Shift
A lot of similarities happened in first games for IU 36 PSU 35 and RU 38 MSU 27 and preparations for this game will be similar.

RU 30 pass att 170 yds, 32 rush 82 yds and 9 QB rush 24 yds
--MSU 43 pass att 319 yds, 32 rush 54 yds, and 7 QB rush -4 yds
PSU 35 pass att 238 yds, 35 rush 131 yds and 17 QB rush 119 yds
--IU 36 pass att 170 yds, 22 rush 59 yds, and 4 QB rush -18 yds
RU had 3 TOs led to 10 pts. MSU 7 TOs 21 pts
PSU had 3 TOs led to 10 pts. IU 2 TOs 7 pts

Ciarocca for PSU and Gleeson are similar OC and believe in the equal rush/pass ratio, excluding the QB keeps, for their balance playcalling (last 2 RU rushes were kneel downs). Clifford is a better QB than Vedral in first game stats but in the end we won, PSU lost. The extra 5 TOs leading to 14 more pts was the difference. This will be a 1 possession game and can't rely on that many TOs this game but PSU should have won if the RB doesn't score the TD in the 4th quarter.

RU 31 IU 27

Reactions: goru7
Indiana fan here. I’m scared for this game. I don’t think you guys will get the benefit of us overlooking you guys, but I think you’re good enough to beat us anyways. My heart just can’t think about the possibility of IU losing this game, but IUFB has hurt me so, so many times.

IU 27
Rutgers 21

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT