ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-NORTHWESTERN PREDICTION THREAD

Assuming loss every game from here on out, and will hope to be pleasantly surprised/shocked by a W.

Damn...we need two to match last years 14-17.

Never thought it would come to this

Hope to get one tomorrow

Rutgers wins 62-61

We had 2-15 before finishing up with Illinois and then Ohio State and it wasn't pretty before then....As strange as it appears, we are potentially looking at 2-15 before Illinois comes to the RAC again, but the program is significantly better on paper and in the future.

As far as the present and NW, it was based on 3 wins over RU, that helped pushed the Wildcats forward and for some reason, NW seems to be streakier than last year....Bryant McIntosh went scoreless at Maryland on Saturday in a 16 point loss.

I'm not sure where NW is this year....perhaps not as sharp as last year, but good enough to beat Michigan last week by 9 at home.

At Rutgers
Michigan State
Maryland
Wisconsin
At Iowa

This is the remaining NW slate....on paper, they have a shot at 10-8 and 19-12 overall....the question is whether that resume is enough to dance...

It would be 2 wins over Wisconsin, 2 over Minnesota and 1 over Rutgers as 5 of the 10 league wins, if they get out of the RAC with a W....my instincts tell me that while they may win here tomorrow, they will struggle to do so.

Can they win 4 out of 5 down the stretch....?? Are they really in need of a win over Michigan State at home to make the resume legitimate and will they look past RU, just a bit??

I think getting Mike and Eugene back is a start to a potential win here, can we control McIntosh and Pardon on the glass.

RU keeps game in the low 60's.....RU 62, NW 59.....

Assuming loss every game from here on out, and will hope to be pleasantly surprised/shocked by a W.

I've been saying this since Mike got injured, and it became doubly so when Gene went down.

Of course, they're both back, but not sure how much we can really expect from them. Gene looked like his old self against Nebraska, but Mike didn't really do much. Maybe with the rust off a bit, we can get back to where we were before the injuries -- which was a team that had a chance to beat anybody, anywhere, anytime. NW has been an enigma this year, and I'm going to predict a victory here.

RU 67
NW 64

I'm hoping for a win. This losing streak needs to end and not because the season ends.

Reactions: higgins3
Win this game at the RAC for the seniors.

Rutgers 62 Northwestern 59.

Damn...we need two to match last years 14-17.

Never thought it would come to this

Hope to get one tomorrow

Rutgers wins 62-61

Going into game 31 last year at home vs. Illinois, we were 13-17... at this point, I'm hoping for the same. With Mike/Eugene back in the lineup, maybe we'll get there.

We had 2-15 before finishing up with Illinois and then Ohio State and it wasn't pretty before then....As strange as it appears, we are potentially looking at 2-15 before Illinois comes to the RAC again, but the program is significantly better on paper and in the future.

As far as the present and NW, it was based on 3 wins over RU, that helped pushed the Wildcats forward and for some reason, NW seems to be streakier than last year....Bryant McIntosh went scoreless at Maryland on Saturday in a 16 point loss.

I'm not sure where NW is this year....perhaps not as sharp as last year, but good enough to beat Michigan last week by 9 at home.

At Rutgers
Michigan State
Maryland
Wisconsin
At Iowa

This is the remaining NW slate....on paper, they have a shot at 10-8 and 19-12 overall....the question is whether that resume is enough to dance...

It would be 2 wins over Wisconsin, 2 over Minnesota and 1 over Rutgers as 5 of the 10 league wins, if they get out of the RAC with a W....my instincts tell me that while they may win here tomorrow, they will struggle to do so.

Can they win 4 out of 5 down the stretch....?? Are they really in need of a win over Michigan State at home to make the resume legitimate and will they look past RU, just a bit??

I think getting Mike and Eugene back is a start to a potential win here, can we control McIntosh and Pardon on the glass.

RU keeps game in the low 60's.....RU 62, NW 59.....

Northwestern's only shot at dancing would be to win all 5 of those games and then pull another upset of one of the top 3 in the Big 10 tourney...its not going to happen but I would not necessarily say that they cant beat MSU on a good day.

an interesting question for the board would be which team would win...2017 RU vs 2018 RU...I actually disagree with you...I think 2017 RU was better

Reactions: RUJMM78
Northwestern's only shot at dancing would be to win all 5 of those games and then pull another upset of one of the top 3 in the Big 10 tourney...its not going to happen but I would not necessarily say that they cant beat MSU on a good day.

an interesting question for the board would be which team would win...2017 RU vs 2018 RU...I actually disagree with you...I think 2017 RU was better
Its a hard call between the current and last years team because scoring even 60 points against B1G opponents for both teams has been very difficult to achieve.

That is an interesting question, but if matched up against one another, I think 2018 would win out. Doesn't mean 2018 RU is necessarily better in relation to the 2018 field than 2017 RU was vs the 2017 field... just that, if matched up against one another, I think 2018 RU would win.

I think 2017 Rutgers was tougher...we had alot of leads last year that we lost later in the game. There quite a few close game....against a better Big 10. This year we seem to be fighting from behind. I also think RU trended better in the last few weeks of the season, this year they are going in the opposite direction. yes injuries factor in but we were trending in the wrong direction way back.

Reactions: Local Shill
Won't predict this game but I will predict that we will defeat Illinois on Senior Day. I think there was some bad blood / tension last game and to add fuel to the fire - how badly they beat us - will have us amped for the Illini game.

Reactions: bac2therac
McIntosh such a hot/cold guy don't know what you are going to get. He's coming off a bad game and tweaked knee that he played through. Whenever I watch them play they go as he goes. Lindsay is lazy and would rather stand around shooting threes then drive or create. Vic Law has same issue at times.
NW 63
Rutgers 60

We won't let them jump way out in front so we're playing catch-up all night long like we have been. Shooting % will be up tonight. RU 68 - NU 63

Northwestern 60 RUTGERS 53 in front of 3,777 at the RAC

I don't care how, or by how much.
jwb.jpg

Impossible to predict, I can only hope for a win. What can predicted is that we will know in the first ten minutes whether we came to play or not.

I've been saying this since Mike got injured, and it became doubly so when Gene went down.

Of course, they're both back, but not sure how much we can really expect from them. Gene looked like his old self against Nebraska, but Mike didn't really do much. Maybe with the rust off a bit, we can get back to where we were before the injuries -- which was a team that had a chance to beat anybody, anywhere, anytime. NW has been an enigma this year, and I'm going to predict a victory here.

RU 67
NW 64

Let me add that, due to the late start time, I think attendance is going to be abysmal tonight, possibly not even cracking 4,000. That said, it's possible the student section will see a slight bump since the later starting time avoids conflicts with evening classes that start at 6:00 p.m. (a lot of full-time students take those evening classes).

Reactions: Local Shill
The last two are winnable. it's a matter of will. Play D, crash the boards, and win ugly.

RU 34
NW 30

Reactions: TobyTyler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT