7- game goes in to OT,
roll 2 dice again 2-6 NW wins 8-12 RU wins, roll a 7 2OT roll again
8 or 9 RU 66 NW 65
Down to wire, but RU makes the plays and gets a final stop
10 or 11 - RU 72 NW 56
Defensive intensity returns and we win rather easily
12- RU 78 NW 49
Rutgers from Game 1 and Game 2 return as does defense againt MIA and E. Mich

FIG - you might want to consider using "Strat-O-Matic" cards for your predictions......such as shown in the link...

http://joeposnanski.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/PozCard.jpg

Vic Law sat out the Michigan game Sunday night, with an injury.....I didn't hear what the injury was, but Law has been forcing up a lot of shots for NW, in an attempt to try and lead in crunch time. Some of the attempts seemed out of character, for a team that usually executes or tries to get the best shot within their offense. I think Collins may be using the injury as a reset button of sorts to get Law a little bit more in line. If he's hitting shots, NW becomes very dangerous.

They have similar freshman recruits like RU, with Peter Nance (Top 150 kid, around Top 90 range) as a stretch 4/PF, Miller Kopp as a traditional Small Forward (around the 100 to 125 range) and had a 3rd kid as a PG, who didn't gain admittance this past spring, who was also a Top 150 type of kid.......if they had the PG in the mix, NW would be a much better team right now.......the other 2 recruits from 2018 are solid developmental guys, that a Northwestern has to land and plug in off the bench.

Derek Pardon vs Eugene would have cancelled each other out, but with Eugene out, someone on RU will have to pick up the slack keeping him off the glass. I can see Myles Johnson, Carter and Harper trying to keep Pardon occupied....Pardon is too quick for Shaq Doorson, so I'd be shocked to see Doorson playing a ton of minutes in this matchup.

Ryan Taylor is a 21PPG grad transfer at Evansville that they landed to help generate shooting and he's played well in spots for NWestern. ....he's around 13PPG so far with Northwestern, so Baker should draw him as well as Mathis to chase him off the 3 point line.

If Law sits out again, it obviously makes RU's life easier with Eugene out, but even if Law plays, this is a home game for RU and Vegas will probably have this around a pickem type of game or NW as a 1 to 2 point favorite.

I have no idea how Collins does it, but they are always in the right position and are well coached. But, with a B+ defensive effort from RU, Northwestern can be slowed down on the road. Have no idea how the refs will call a toss up type of game, but on the flip side, RU should be able to run their offense and get the shot attempts they want with Carter inside. Just depends on whether it's zone or man that Collins decides to try vs RU.

RU should run at every opportunity and I would take the 1st available shot in transition or take whatever driving lanes initially present themselves and make Northwestern move their feet on defense.....Mathis and Harper should be able to draw fouls against NW and attack the glass as well..... If the refs call a fair game, RU should get to the line enough to control the pace of the game....even a missed FT isn't the worst thing in the world because getting to the line, allows RU to set their defense and avoid giving up transition 3's or open looks.

RU 73 NW 68.....This should be a game where Baker bounces back and proves to be the best guard on either side and McConnell and Mathis should have open looks to score....mix in a few baskets with Carter and some FT's to hold off the Wildcats.....The goal is to have the box score look like Ohio State.....4 RU kids in double figures for points and RU getting 18 to 20 FT attempts.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Pikiell said a few games back he wanted transition points. Mathis was the one player that got the memo. He is the sole guy I fell comfortable with in transition. I'd love to think at the RAC we should push tempo and look for 3s out of the secondary break, but........

Reactions: kcg88
Pumped to help pack the RAC.

Northwestern has a similar type of team to Rutgers.

I expect a close game. 65 RU 64 other.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Must win for Rutgers to stay out of B1G basement.There is no margin for error because there aren't enough consistent scoring options.

Rutgers 64-Northwestern 61

Rutgers 69
Northwestern 61

Most winnable game left on our scheudule. We lose this one and I start to doubt what we are doing.

NW has had similar results as RU in the B1G so far this year.

They lost a close game at home to Michigan and on the road to Indiana (like our close losses at home to MSU and on the road at Wisky).

Like RU they have one win in the B1G — theirs coming at home to IL and ours at home to OSU.

They also got crushed in a couple games on the road, as we have.

Should be a close game, which would actually be an accomplishment for us with Gene out. The home crowd gets an assist on this one: 67-65 RU

68-64 NW But still not doubting what we are doing. Coaches can’t make open shots. Geo needs to find his game again. Can’t continue to take bad shots & turnover the ball. This team will go as Geo goes!

A few years ago we beat Wisky here and then dropped like an anchor. OSU this year and the same? Hope not but we are pretty consistent in our ineptutude.

Reactions: BOGDANOVICH
Rutgers 66
NW 58

We impose our will inside and get 27 points from Shaq ^ 2 + Myles. Mathis chips in with 14 and we end up scoring 40 points in the paint. NW watches what Purdue did and tries to double the low post in the 2nd half, but it doesn't work. NW then switches to zone.

Reactions: gregkoko
Vic Law game time decision I just read

Also typing Vic Law into twitter gets you some VERY interesting stuff

Reactions: GoFish2
We win by 4.

Law will play because that’s our luck. Geo wakes up and has best game of the season. Issa hits 3 threes and the board loses their mind.

Reactions: ancienthooper
Conflicted. Pretty significant not having our leading scorer/rebounder. Weighing that vs what I think will be a better defensive performance.

RU 57 - 56 in an ugly one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT