ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PENN STATE PREDICTION THREAD

I like the optimism but we haven't shown we can close out a game on the road yet. We had both DePaul and UMass beaten and couldn't hold on. And when the opponent was good (Illinois and SHU) we got manhandled. They have to show they can play 40 minutes on the road. This would be the game to do it.

I like the optimism but we haven't shown we can close out a game on the road yet. We had both DePaul and UMass beaten and couldn't hold on. And when the opponent was good (Illinois and SHU) we got manhandled. They have to show they can play 40 minutes on the road. This would be the game to do it.
With Geo back I’m hoping he can bring the swagger to away games and show the young guys that humiliating fans on the road is a great feeling and hope that gives them confidence to play well. Of course with Ron doing well and PM, Caleb, and cliff.

We never beat a #1 before until we did. Team is playing much better now than earlier in the year plus DePaul hit 4 deep 3’s in a row to beat us. Agree playing on the road is tougher and no easy wins home or away on paper in this conference.

Both teams played at UMass, where PSU lost by 25 points and we took the loss on a buzzer beater. Both teams have played better since then, but I believe our improvement has been greater.

RU wins, 71-63

PSU has been playing better and will be more difficult game than it appeared to be a few weeks ago. I think we will have a nice lead in 2 nd half, but they will make a run to close the gap. RU wins 72-67.

PSU seems to have some kind of power over us . They are also playing better than they did earlier and I think you have to look at the last few games for both. If not on the road, I think we win by a comfortable margin. This game will be big for us in many ways and we need to get that W.

We never beat a #1 before until we did. Team is playing much better now than earlier in the year plus DePaul hit 4 deep 3’s in a row to beat us. Agree playing on the road is tougher and no easy wins home or away on paper in this conference.
UMass hit a prayer too. We will play well and beat Penn St.

We’re moving the ball better, shooting better, playing better defense, and more guys are contributing now versus earlier in the season.

Opening Line PSU -3 O/U 131
PSU has given up 12-27 from 3 to OSU, 9-21 MSU, 12-26 NW, 9-24 Purdue, 2nd worst % in conference to Nebraska but plays at a slower pace.

Rutgers 77
PSU 63

We owe them from

Three years ago ruining our senior day ...falling behind by 20....coming all the way back with geo missing the shot and Myles unable to put back the chippie ....

Two years ago for using an ridic illegal screen to beat us at the buzzer after we came from behind by 20...and left many of us thinking we would be NIT bound after a 16-5 start ....

Hope this fuels the upperclassman ....

Hoping with way we are playing we can pull it off. Not that optimistic though.
I think it comes down to last shot. Hopefully we can win like 70-69

Come to think of it- we ve had some bad luck against penn state.

3 years ago at home - we come storming back from down 20 at home and lose at buzzer

2 years ago at penn state - we come roaring back again down like 20 and lose in last few seconds of game.

Last year at penn state - We lost

It’s time things even out ! We find a way to win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT