ADVERTISEMENT

The RAC experience

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
I love the slow double fist raise kid with the hat and the glasses, But is it me or was the RAC rockin a lot more like 2-3 years ago. Somewhere it went off the rails. Too much tshirt time. No halftime entertainment. Timeouts aren’t for giving out awards when no one can hear the announcer anyway. Blast the noise to screw up the opponent in their huddle. Get the dance team out there, let Freaks, Sandstorm, Turbulence, Zombie Nation and Tsumani crank. Place has become a snooze fest and I don’t mean the poor play. The fans have still been bringing it all year. I mean the show, the experience, it’s off from a couple years ago….even last year when we were playing well it wasn’t quite the party it was a couple years ago.

Reactions: dstrom21
A couple years ago we were like 19-1 at the RAC and that was NEW.
True that’s why I said even when we were playing well last year. There was more music and atmosphere 2-3 years ago and last year started with more Hobbs giving out golden basketballs on timeouts.

The RAC is fine. Place was super loud for Nebraska and so loud with Purdue my 4 year old started covering her ears and my 7 year old kept asking me questions I couldn't answer because I couldn't hear her.
I’m not arguing that. The fans have been bringing it. But the performance put on by the Rac is less. Less music more lulls on timeouts, halftime etc

I love the slow double fist raise kid with the hat and the glasses, But is it me or was the RAC rockin a lot more like 2-3 years ago. Somewhere it went off the rails. Too much tshirt time. No halftime entertainment. Timeouts aren’t for giving out awards when no one can hear the announcer anyway. Blast the noise to screw up the opponent in their huddle. Get the dance team out there, let Freaks, Sandstorm, Turbulence, Zombie Nation and Tsumani crank. Place has become a snooze fest and I don’t mean the poor play. The fans have still been bringing it all year. I mean the show, the experience, it’s off from a couple years ago….even last year when we were playing well it wasn’t quite the party it was a couple years ago.
It’s the bad play

We don't need constant entertainment on every TV timeout.
I disagree. It’s part of what gave the Trapezoid its reputation. The noise. The inability of the other teams huddle to function. Get the student section going. Maybe you should go to more group 1 high school games for a quieter atmosphere

I disagree. It’s part of what gave the Trapezoid its reputation. The noise. The inability of the other teams huddle to function. Get the student section going. Maybe you should go to more group 1 high school games for a quieter atmosphere
The game action is what gives the reputation. Not playing techno music during a TV timeout. Get a grip.

The game action is what gives the reputation. Not playing techno music during a TV timeout. Get a grip.
some come for the whole atmosphere. All I’m saying is in my opinion the other things the rac has brought in the past have slowly gone. I liked the “show” better 2-3 years ago. And I’ve been going since 1983. And if what you said was true they wouldn’t have cheerleaders, a dance team, music or anything. They would just play.

Last edited:

Nowhere near the same as before covid

But we dont need pioed in dj music

Bac and Scangg I’m in agreement it doesn’t have to be dj/edm. But it could be better orchestrated. More juice. I like edm but also love the idea of using the band more. The fans have been bringing the noise all season, I’m actually just referring to the overall entertainment product. It’s big time college basketball. Again love the band, let them play something modern or even throw Linus and Lucy from Peanuts at me.

Reactions: Joey Bacala
There have been a few times I’ve noticed where the introduction of music felt a little scripted and killed my vibe a little bit. Like the crowd would be up chanting something and being loud and before it got anywhere close to dying out, it felt like the music cut them short with a poorly selected song. It definitely takes skills to keep the mentality and energy up of a raucous crowd.

Much of the fanbase got entitled as evidenced on this board. That hurt the noise levels to some extent last year and the year prior.

We play a PSU song (Zombie Nation) frequently now which makes no sense. Let the band play or let the crowd chant. Or, play any other song.

The team is bad this year which hurts us.

It will hopefully be great next year!

Reactions: Rutgers56
2019/2020 just before Covid was the best. Maybe it was all new but when we came back wearing masks for 2 seasons things never got back to where it was. I remember sitting in the handicap section with my mom at the time in Feb 2020 and I looked at the student section from across it was absolutely crazy. Same song but looks different from where I sit now in 203.

Reactions: darkcheck
when R-U chant is roaring during a time out they stop it dead in its tracks with wonderwall remix.

Why, just why. Bad song and it quiets the crowd.

The only thing that I can think of is they want to proactively euthanize the chant before it slowly winds down. When did this start, I feel like we are capable of transitioning from R-U to general yelling or whatever. Keep the crowd firing.

Anyone?

Another minor beef with me is the PA guy always telling vets to remove their caps for the national anthem. I have yet to meet a vet who doesn't already remove their cap out of respect and find it quite insulting actually.

They’ve changed the music this year. It’s now a lot of the same music from the football games. It’s not nearly as good. It’s just a different sport. I also think our intro isn’t nearly as good this year. But, yes, if we were winning it wouldn’t matter as much.

They’ve changed the music this year. It’s now a lot of the same music from the football games. It’s not nearly as good. It’s just a different sport. I also think our intro isn’t nearly as good this year. But, yes, if we were winning it wouldn’t matter as much.
Could not agree more. I don’t need Thunderstruck during the intro video at a basketball game.

I also feel like normally we’d have had at least a new video or two by now. They’ve been using the same one all season and it’s not good.

I've seen Red Panda at other college venues at halftime. maybe we have no money leftover in the NIL.

The chihuahua dog balancing on the owner was good. Frisbee dogs were cool. Didn't care for the guy balancing a chair on his nose....got stale

Another minor beef with me is the PA guy always telling vets to remove their caps for the national anthem. I have yet to meet a vet who doesn't already remove their cap out of respect and find it quite insulting actually.
Pretty sure he tells all to stand and remove your hat, and tells veterans to salute. IIRC I don’t recall him telling veterans to remove their hats???

Reactions: fg7321
Think you are right in announcement prior to anthem; after a while you hear what he says but don't really pay attention. Now you got me to actually listen next Saturday. Never was much into the line-up introduction stuff. Half-time shows; 4 hotdogs & sodas stuff - read about it in your history books. Look we said this when they were just getting competitive. You had your 4-5K who would always show up. Then occasionally you could add another 1,500 depending on opponent. When they really started to get competitive - average fan started finding the place (again). All good - you want to add more fans. But will be interested to see rest of way - how many "fans" sell off their season tickets to be picked up by the other guys. And that's the part that really gets me not happy.

Opening video is lame. Should be R house. R State. Easy is fix.

Intros would better but like many have said with our audio you really can’t hear them. Not much you can do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT