ADVERTISEMENT

The Rutgers glory days

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Was just on BTN for the hour. Have seen it before, but was glad to watch it again. Believe it was first on in 2017? So sad to see how great Phill Sellers looked only to pass a few years later. The history itself is amazing. Can you imagine if they were only allowed to dunk?
Never realized how much Dabney looked like his superstar daughter Maya Moore. Of course great interviews with Hollis, Jordan, Bailey, and others.
Anybody else watch?

I was lucky enough to be in school back in those days. That was a special team. I also got to see Phil play in the Jersey Shore league. He was blowing by people throwing down dunks. If he had turned pro after his junior year he might have had a longer career because the ABA was still in existence and he would have had time to develop as a guard.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Was just on BTN for the hour. Have seen it before, but was glad to watch it again. Believe it was first on in 2017? So sad to see how great Phill Sellers looked only to pass a few years later. The history itself is amazing. Can you imagine if they were only allowed to dunk?
Never realized how much Dabney looked like his superstar daughter Maya Moore. Of course great interviews with Hollis, Jordan, Bailey, and others.
Anybody else watch?

Can only imagine the wild scene on college Ave after the Bonnie game. Probably that night and Louisville ‘06 are the 2 wildest nights on campus after a sporting event

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Anybody else watch?
Taped it, have not seen it yet
Dunking not allowed during the 1976 season, but allowed after that
My contention is that James Bailey holds the record for most dunks in a career at 283, achieved in 3 years

Reactions: Scarlet1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT