ADVERTISEMENT

This past Sat, I asked the 6'8" 350+ lb guy sitting next to me if he could help on the Oline

GSGS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
By late 1st qtr, when it was apparent that we couldn't block the UMich dline, I asked this big guy sitting next to me whether he could perhaps jump into an RU uniform and try to protect our QB. Unfortunately, he said that he was too out of shape, couldn't do it any more. Besides, big Art Forst reminded me that he completed his NCAA eligibility in 2011.

Nice! Art Forst was a headliner in the 2008 recruiting class, and I remember being thrilled when he committed. I think he made fourty something starts during his career but had a few bad games and drew the ire of this forum. However, he did end his senior year as an All-Big East first teamer.

I think he could've used a redshirt year but Schiano could never get solid depth on the OL and often had to throw true freshman into action. Who was the OL coach back then...?

Did he tell any cool stories? There probably was a lot of time to chat considering the on field results.

Last edited:
Nice! Art Forst was a headliner in the 2008 recruiting class, and I remember being thrilled when he committed. I think he made fourty something starts during his career but had a few bad games and drew the ire of this forum. However, he did end his senior year as an All-Big East first teamer.

I think he could've used a redshirt year but Schiano could never get a solid depth on the OL and often had to throw true freshman into action. Who was the OL coach back then...?

Did he tell any cool stories? There probably was a lot of time to chat considering the on field results.
My memories of that time are flooding back to me. Let me think...

Last edited:
My memories of that time are flooding back to me. Let me think...
dbTAcSt.jpg

Reactions: brodo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT