ADVERTISEMENT

This week’s AP Top 25 Poll

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Obviously need to see how today’s games shake out. At 4-0 where do you see us this week? I hope we sneak in to the top 25 and skip through the also receiving votes.

What are other’s thoughts?

25 at most, 28 at least. Washington although a new team, still a good win. Combined with how VT battled the Canes, it will help boost our cred.

Reactions: Nycrusupporter
Ultimately depends on what happens with the teams ahead of us. Somewhere between 21-28.

TAMU
Oklahoma
Illinois
Boise
OK State / Kansas State

All ranked and have a chance to lose. RU should jump them with a loss.

WSU, Indiana, BC, Nebraska, Pitt. Iowa are also receiving votes and may crack the top 25 with a win.

If VT beat Miami last night I think we’d be in the 20-23 range.

We win next week and may crack the Top 20. Go on to be a very meh Wisconsin and bad UCLA? 7-0 at the Rose Bowl? #12 Rutgers (7-0) at #5 USC (6-1). Boom.

Reactions: Wagram97
Ultimately depends on what happens with the teams ahead of us. Somewhere between 21-28.

TAMU
Oklahoma
Illinois
Boise
OK State / Kansas State

All ranked and have a chance to lose. RU should jump them with a loss.

WSU, Indiana, BC, Nebraska, Pitt. Iowa are also receiving votes and may crack the top 25 with a win.

If VT beat Miami last night I think we’d be in the 20-23 range.

We win next week and may crack the Top 20. Go on to be a very meh Wisconsin and bad UCLA? 7-0 at the Rose Bowl? #12 Rutgers (7-0) at #5 USC (6-1). Boom.
lol one game at a time young buck. beat nebraska first .

Reactions: JCin128 and wheezer
25 at most, 28 at least. Washington although a new team, still a good win. Combined with how VT battled the Canes, it will help boost our cred.
VT not getting the call on that Hail Mary pass may just be the difference in keeping us outside the Top 25.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Obviously need to see how today’s games shake out. At 4-0 where do you see us this week? I hope we sneak in to the top 25 and skip through the also receiving votes.

What are other’s thoughts?
Receiving some votes. Around 31-35. Media members saw what we saw, a win but not a convincing win. Now if VT had won we'd be just on the cusp.

Reactions: mildone
Receiving some votes. Around 31-35. Media members saw what we saw, a win but not a convincing win. Now if VT had won we'd be just on the cusp.
Depending on how games play out today, that would be my guess and for the same reasons. Maybe even closer to 40, again depending on how things play out today.

Reactions: koleszar
just outside the top 25, hopefully they can pull out a win vs nebraska and move into top 25. They just need to stay focused on not have a letdown/blown game. Not to think to far ahead, but go 7-0 vs USC, could be the game of the week.

Ole Miss should not be Top 25. They finally played someone of consequence and lost.

GO RU

CBS is predicting Indiana will enter at #25. Illinois at 19. Let’s see how many votes we get. Agree we wo’nt crack the top 25.

They’ll just see a win. That’s the way this voting thing works. Win, move up. Lose, move down. Very few voters do the type of flyspecking that you’re suggesting. And right now there are almost certainly too many teams between RU and the top 25 for RU to get in this week.

Last edited:
KSU Ok St fall out. Maybe Illinois but I don’t think so since they played PSU pretty well. IU and UNLV probably get in.

edit: corrected this for KSU who won yesterday, they're not falling out

Last edited:
They’ll just see a win. That’s the way this voting thing works. Win, move up. Lose, move down. Very few voters do the type of flyspecking that you’re suggesting. And right now there are almost certainly too many teams between RU and the top 25 for RU to get in this week.

The only caveat is the controversy on the last play of the VTech game being overturned. That was a big news story with only 2 games on Friday.

The only caveat is the controversy on the last play of the VTech game being overturned. That was a big news story with only 2 games on Friday.
But none of it has to do with Rutgers. No voters are connecting that leg bone to the hip bone that you might want them to.

But none of it has to do with Rutgers. No voters are connecting that leg bone to the hip bone that you might want them to.

Probably not. Mostly - it’s just too bad VTech lost that first Vandy game and Washington the Wash St game. I personally think those 2 teams will turn out to be a better collection of wins than the teams currently in the rankings have at this point. Oh well.

Who did Uof L beat? I bet they stay in.

Probably not. Mostly - it’s just too bad VTech lost that first Vandy game and Washington the Wash St game. I personally think those 2 teams will turn out to be a better collection of wins than the teams currently in the rankings have at this point. Oh well.

Who did Uof L beat? I bet they stay in.
Don’t you know sometimes it’s a popularity contest ? The name on the jersey matters to some of those voting . It shouldn’t but it does. We just need to keep winning . If we don’t beat Nebraska this Saturday it won’t matter . Win out there and then we are ranked.

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
KSU Ok St fall out. Maybe Illinois but I don’t think so since they played PSU pretty well. IU and UNLV probably get in.
I don't know what I was thinking here. Must be too early in the morning, KSU beat the crap out of Ok St, they're not falling out. Ok St falls out and then maybe Illinois but not sure about that one. I think IU gets in and UNLV as a 2nd if Illinois goes out.

I don't think Louisville would fall more than 10 spots out of the 25 but we'll see.

I believe Arizona was #20 when they lost to KSU on the road and they just beat the #10 ranked Utah on the road in what is generally considered a very tough place to win, the voters might move them back into the top 25 and Utah will certainly not fall out of the top 25. I don't see us cracking the top 25 until after the Nebraska game at the very least.

Don’t you know sometimes it’s a popularity contest ? The name on the jersey matters to some of those voting . It shouldn’t but it does. We just need to keep winning . If we don’t beat Nebraska this Saturday it won’t matter . Win out there and then we are ranked.
Probably. But you first have to see who is and, more importantly, how many are ranked in front of us this week. It’s mostly just a game of hopscotch.

I believe Arizona was #20 when they lost to KSU on the road and they just beat the #10 ranked Utah on the road in what is generally considered a very tough place to win, the voters might move them back into the top 25 and Utah will certainly not fall out of the top 25. I don't see us cracking the top 25 until after the Nebraska game at the very least.

That AZ QB is legit

not enough teams lost that we can jump. Most likely around 30ish. And if we do win at Neb, even if it is ugly- Almsot impossible to have a P4 team 5-0 and not in the top 25.

As for the media as well as many people around the country saw on Friday night.

That Washington is actually a much better team then expected. Their QB is one of the top 2 active QB's in almost every category, their RB is a beast, even their number 2 RB is pretty damn good(and they did not just look good because of our defense)- they have two stud WR's and their defense is real good...Washington 2024 is closer to Washington 2023 then anyone thought possible.

And Rutgers beat them.

Let's just win in Nebraska and take it from there.

Rutgers gets a handful of votes no top 25.

This weekend:
26 Washington State loss
27 Indiana win
28 Boston College win
29 UNLV win
30 Pittsburgh bye
31 Nebraska win

Kentucky beat #6 Ole Miss. Five of top 25 who lost, lost to top 25 opponents and are unlikely to be whacked in the rankings.

Indiana, BC, UNLV, Nebraska, and Kentucky more likely than Rutgers to snag top 25 spots.

There are 14 P4 teams that are undefeated. Only 4 are currently unranked; Duke, Pitt, Indiana, and RU. Anyone want to bet, that when the rankings are released there will be only two unranked, undefeated, P4 teams? RU, and Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT