ADVERTISEMENT

Thread has turned political. MODS PLEASE DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m missing something- I know he camped in a tree but when did JH get into politics?

I’m missing something- I know he camped in a tree but when did JH get into politics?
I always loved that story! Imagine looking out the window and you see JH sitting there.

My favorite story was walking in and seeing Coach Roberts sitting at the table as my mom is heating up left overs, MY leftovers! lol coaches are odd at times lololololol

Twenty percent of required electoral votes come from California. So, essentially, every 4 years the Dems get a 20% head start, and can't win the electoral without mandated mail in ballots and other gimmicks.
Want to win? Come up with better ideas.
You mean they get a 20% head start because that’s 20% of the population? As in, one person one vote is unfair?

Of course I want those things. People in States like NJ have their votes and power diluted compared to the rural states. Wyoming is less than 1/10 of NJ. But they still get two Senators. How does that makes sense? You say we want these changes so we can "dominate that body". You mean, since we have a large majority or the people and voters, that we should expect equal power with our votes so we can win elections? You talk like that's a nefarious plan instead of fair and rational changes to an antiquated democratic system.
This nation exists.. your part in it exists.. your freedom exists.. because the founders made a deal.. former colony to former colony.. to share power NOT simply according to what states had the most population. The needs of the many do NOT outweigh the needs of the few or the one. This is why the Senate exists as it does. this is why the Electoral College exists as it does. This is why pure mob rule does not rule here.. yet.

But clearly, if you guys have it your way.. that's the way it will go. And that will not stand. That will not last as long as this arrangement has. If you had it your way, this country would not have been one nation.. but 2, 3 or more at its founding. Each would have been destroyed and absorbed by England or some other empire very early in their history.

This is why you need to destroy history. Destroy pride in what America is.. its roots.. its history.. its Constitution, its traditions. You want this great reset.. the basis of which was rejected at its founding and should be rejected today for teh very same reasons.

In New Jersey itself.. do you think a voter in Hunterdon County has the same weight to his or her or they's vote as someone in Bergen County?

This nation exists.. your part in it exists.. your freedom exists.. because the founders made a deal.. former colony to former colony.. to share power NOT simply according to what states had the most population. The needs of the many do NOT outweigh the needs of the few or the one. This is why the Senate exists as it does. this is why the Electoral College exists as it does. This is why pure mob rule does not rule here.. yet.

But clearly, if you guys have it your way.. that's the way it will go. And that will not stand. That will not last as long as this arrangement has. If you had it your way, this country would not have been one nation.. but 2, 3 or more at its founding. Each would have been destroyed and absorbed by England or some other empire very early in their history.

This is why you need to destroy history. Destroy pride in what America is.. its roots.. its history.. its Constitution, its traditions. You want this great reset.. the basis of which was rejected at its founding and should be rejected today for teh very same reasons.

In New Jersey itself.. do you think a voter in Hunterdon County has the same weight to his or her or they's vote as someone in Bergen County?
you're back on the list

great post

Reactions: RUScrew85
Public YT account. Then it can’t be traced back to the AD.

I’m still just baffled how this even happened.

If teams go through the process of creating elaborate sign systems to get plays in - how do you not change them each week?
I just don’t get it.

“Teams are constantly trying to steal our signs. It’s very important they don’t get them. We’re going to have 3 different guys with 3 different colored hats and shirts to hide our signs.”

“Okay. Should we change up the signals this week. In case the other team caught something on the TV broadcast?”

“Huh? Of course not. That’s ridiculous. We put this sign process in place years ago. Nobody could crack it.”
Changing signs each week? I can't be the only one who sees how that will inevitably lead to all kinds of mistakes by players forgetting or mixing up the signs they learned 7 days prior.

Reactions: RUSK97
You mean they get a 20% head start because that’s 20% of the population? As in, one person one vote is unfair?

When you eliminate the electoral college, ALL the power would reside in the large cities; not some, or most, ALL. Middle America would be ignored completely. You want one person, one vote? Move to a Democracy. This country was not founded as one and shouldn't strive to become one.

What about all the conservatives in California.. you think they feel well-served? You think any conservative in any blue state feels like their vote matters?

read

(about equal power among states in the senate)

"Another advantage accruing from this ingredient in the constitution of the senate is, the additional impediment it must prove against improper acts of legislation. No law or resolution can now be passed without the concurrence, first, of a majority of the people, and then, of a majority of the states. "

This has been carefully thought about and fought over by those who created this great nation. They were not wrong. That a liberal mob thinks they can do better and seeks to force such changes... that is just wrong and, quite frankly, positively reeks of INSURRECTION.

There's a perfectly legal way to do it... make all those changes you want.. a way that will pass the current SCOTUS as populated... change the Constitution.

Amend it.

Convince a superior majority of the states that this was the wrong way to go. You are so sure of it.. convince the people. What are you so afraid of? You guys control most mass media.. most social media.. convince us all.

Last edited:
Also, I think you missed the memo... The right wing propaganda leaders I believe have realized that attacking mail in voting is hurting your own cause…you know because it’s convenient so a higher percent of people vote. So now the official word is that mail in voting is OK for MAGAs. So I guess whatever reason you thought it was crooked, now it’s not crooked.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Also, I think you missed the memo... The right wing propaganda leaders I believe have realized that attacking mail in voting is hurting your own cause…you know because it’s convenient so a higher percent of people vote. So now the official word is that mail in voting is OK for MAGAs. So I guess whatever reason you thought it was crooked, now it’s not crooked.
people like you are dangerous

Reactions: RUScrew85

There was an article highlighting the dangers of mail in ballots written in 2012 by the NY Times.
Thought you'd want to know.
I dont even care about mail in ballots; but bet your ass I expect the verification to be executed properly. Do that, and I have no issues.

Get on a plane? Where's your ID.

Want to vote? We trust you. LMAO

I love this country. You are way off base. Stop being a knee-jerk dipshit parroting cable news nonsense and engage with things I actually say not a made up caricature of what people on the left are like.

Of course your logic and your history are goofy as hell. Too much to unpack. But I will say this: the constitution has within it a process for amending it. For example the amendment that gave women the right to vote or ended slavery. So just because the founders made a compromise 250 years about slavery, and I believe certain things in the constitution aught to be changed, doesn’t mean I do t love the country, or that the things I want are wrong. The Constitution is not the Bible. It was made to be amended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT