ADVERTISEMENT

Thread has turned political. MODS PLEASE DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay if I missed that then ALL apologies!!!
kurt cobain singing GIF

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I'll say it again. If this doesn't matter why disguise play calls at all? Why not have the qb line up, yell out we are throwing and 88 is my first read, 81 is my 2nd, and the tight end is chipping the end? This is madness. Throw the book at these entitled a*#&oles.
Franklin's comments may shed some light on how it helps:

Franklin said, "What happens is, you get to after games, and you feel like you called a very unpredictable call in a certain situation, and they're in the perfect defense for it. You are sitting there saying, well, how is that? What would ever make you play cover two on 4th-and-1, and we're in the heavy personnel group? But they're in it, and you have a shot called there.

Those things kind of make you second-guess, and you kind of go back and look at those things and what you need to do to disguise it. If it happens once, that's one thing, but if it happens over and over, then you're aware of it. For us that's something that we always are looking at, but obviously with some of the things that are going on right now, it magnifies it."

https://www.si.com/college/pennstat...klin-discusses-sign-stealing-college-football

The B12 wasn’t getting a lot of playoff spots, and when they did it was Oklahoma.
After 2014, the Big 12 didn’t have any teams besides OU who entered bowl season with less than 2 losses until TCU last year, and they had zero until the CCG.
A lot of things fell into place to get them in.
TCU was in the top 4 by the 2nd week of the CFP rankings. Their only chance of falling out was after losing their CCG, and that didn’t happen. If someone were to be sending someone to film contenders in a game, TCU would have fit that description.

Reactions: redking
Not if #5 Mongo is blocking.
Players can see a corner blitz coming and might not pick it up even if they know its coming.
I think the only time a lifted call helps is on trick plays.
If a punter or kicker is going to run or pass instead of kicking and defense knows then that could help a lot
But it doesn't happen much.
Army took Michigan into OT and everybody knew what they would do without knowing calls
I mean, we already knew you were a tool with no integrity that made ridiculous statements. So, there you have it.

After 2014, the Big 12 didn’t have any teams besides OU who entered bowl season with less than 2 losses until TCU last year, and they had zero until the CCG.

TCU was in the top 4 by the 2nd week of the CFP rankings. Their only chance of falling out was after losing their CCG, and that didn’t happen. If someone were to be sending someone to film contenders in a game, TCU would have fit that description.
By “week 2 of the CFP rankings” sounds early, but it is actually after TCU would have played 3/4 of their schedule.

However, based on reports like the one posted above, it sounds like they might have scouted TCU, but TCU was tipped off and did a better job of changing things up.

Hey- ash played football...he clearly stated that knowing the play before it is snapped offers no advantage.

His take on it is maybe the dumbest thing I ever heard. And before he mention's Deion's response to it- anyone that thinks Deion wasn't playing with these poor dumb folk asking the question- is an idiot.
Football is a sport of inches.
that was not as dumb as 'half time adjustments are overrated'

yet people still defended him lol

that was not as dumb as 'half time adjustments are overrated'

yet people still defended him lol
And the guys claims to have played football at a high level but knowing a play before it is snapped wouldn't help???

Hell, the guys on the field are trying to even just pick up on "tells" much less the actual play. Having the play at the same time as the QB getting the play is such a huge advantage that it is hard to imagine.

Halftime adjustments are also bit- only disclaimer on that is that the coaches should be making adjustments all the time, not just at halftime. But we have all seen it so many times- being either on the good side or the bad side of the adjustments.

BTW- seeing that TCU si now saying they were warned before the CFP's and countered by keeping the old signs but not using them.
But if the NCAA can confirm that Michigan actually did this during a playoff game- there almost has to be an immediate call to action.

And the guys claims to have played football at a high level but knowing a play before it is snapped wouldn't help???

Hell, the guys on the field are trying to even just pick up on "tells" much less the actual play. Having the play at the same time as the QB getting the play is such a huge advantage that it is hard to imagine.

Halftime adjustments are also bit- only disclaimer on that is that the coaches should be making adjustments all the time, not just at halftime. But we have all seen it so many times- being either on the good side or the bad side of the adjustments.

BTW- seeing that TCU si now saying they were warned before the CFP's and countered by keeping the old signs but not using them.
But if the NCAA can confirm that Michigan actually did this during a playoff game- there almost has to be an immediate call to action.
agree completely, good post

shocked BIG hasn't moved yet to be honest

It doesn’t matter why it’s not allowed. The point is that there’s obviously an advantage of traveling to your opponents games and using advanced electronics to learn their play signals. If everyone was allowed to do it, that would be a different story. But only Michigan had this advantage. I can’t see how they could be allowed to play in the CFP after this.
How do we know ‘only Michigan’ ? I think the silence or downplaying by all other coaches is telling.

This was extensive, but I think much more of this goes on than we know about yet. The last thing the NCAA and the Big10 want is to fry Michigan and then find out half the FBS does it too, even if to a lesser extent.

I still think we ALL would love to know where he was a State Champion OC …high school or not.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I still think we ALL would love to know where he was a State Champion OC …high school or not.
Well- hard to pinpoint as he changed his handle when we hired Ash. So can’t get a read but we do know he seems to be middle aged, very conservative(want to say more about history of posting on this but leave it there).
Made it to a NJ as an OC and that seems to be his MWC moment.

Well- hard to pinpoint as he changed his handle when we hired Ash. So can’t get a read but we do know he seems to be middle aged, very conservative(want to say more about history of posting on this but leave it there).
Made it to a NJ as an OC and that seems to be his MWC moment.
conservative isn't bad and especially so given how loony the left the has become. Not sure why you'd bring that up

I know who he is, I recognized a phrase he made

who cares, let's focus on Michigan getting hit with something please for the love of God ncaa and BIG need to do their jobs

conservative isn't bad and especially so given how loony the left the has become. Not sure why you'd bring that up

I know who he is, I recognized a phrase he made

who cares, let's focus on Michigan getting hit with something please for the love of God ncaa and BIG need to do their jobs
The loony left is out there. But they don’t run the Democratic Party…they are still a big minority. Unlike on the right where the loons actually run things.

The loony left is out there. But they don’t run the Democratic Party…they are still a big minority. Unlike on the right where the loons actually run things.
Leave the politics aside … mods need to remind posters …that includes ALL.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Leave the politics aside … mods need to remind posters …that includes ALL.
you should mind your own business. All you're doing is contributing to the downward spiral and nice to see you were the snitch when younger

Not if #5 Mongo is blocking.
Players can see a corner blitz coming and might not pick it up even if they know its coming.
I think the only time a lifted call helps is on trick plays.
If a punter or kicker is going to run or pass instead of kicking and defense knows then that could help a lot
But it doesn't happen much.
Army took Michigan into OT and everybody knew what they would do without knowing calls
You don't have a leg to stand on here.

You claim you know football.

This thread is a PUNT situation for you.

DO NOT GO FOR IT.

If defenders really know the play.. then any misdirection as to run/pass etc. is defeated before teh ball is snapped. For example.. knowing a screen is coming?

Really, dude.. just PUNT.

Wrong.. in a way. The cadre that runs the party must cater to each of the fringe groups in order to maintain this popular vote advantage they have. That cadre may wish to be more moderate.. but they are forced to do immoderate things all the time. in the end, all they really want is power... eventually.. insurmountable, unopposable power... then they can do whatever they want.. kick out whatever fringe groups they want from the power-sharing situation. I know.. it sounds like crazy conspiracy theory stuff.. but this is what is happening... and that is truly crazy. I honestly do not know if it can be stopped. No democractic republic has lasted as long as this one has. We may be on borrowed time.

you're high and delusional

back on point, where is the BIG and what are they waiting for ?????

Wrong.. in a way. The cadre that runs the party must cater to each of the fringe groups in order to maintain this popular vote advantage they have. That cadre may wish to be more moderate.. but they are forced to do immoderate things all the time. in the end, all they really want is power... eventually.. insurmountable, unopposable power... then they can do whatever they want.. kick out whatever fringe groups they want from the power-sharing situation. I know.. it sounds like crazy conspiracy theory stuff.. but this is what is happening... and that is truly crazy. I honestly do not know if it can be stopped. No democractic republic has lasted as long as this one has. We may be on borrowed time.
Well, when two sides can't agree on a set of facts, and have no confidence in the other side to have basic good intent, and when the basis institutions of the government are doubted by many, then yes, the prognosis is not good.

Well, when two sides can't agree on a set of facts, and have no confidence in the other side to have basic good intent, and when the basis institutions of the government are doubted by many, then yes, the prognosis is not good.
I can wholeheartedly agree with that assessment... with one aside. The way I see it, one side looks to the Constitution.. the founding principles that established this nation and allowed it to flourish so long. Are there nefarious intents hidden in there? I do not believe so. But I do think the other side wants to subvert the Constitution .. they have said as much... and when public officials, all of who pledge to protect the Constitution are involved in it's.. subversion... I think I know what side I must be on.

To your point, I do think there are people on both sides who mean good.. and people on both sides who only want to "front" a cause to gain power to do things for themselves and their.. groups.. for lack of a better term.. who only want power for themselves to serve themselves. Both sides. That means some preach conservative "values" because that's how they can wield power for themselves and the same thing on the other side... and maybe, just maybe.. these people on both sides work with and support each other despite being the "loyal opposition" to the other. If I had to name a name from my side... Lindsey Grahm comes to mind.. Mitch McConnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUScrew85
I can wholeheartedly agree with that assessment... with one aside. The way I see it, one side looks to the Constitution.. the founding principles that established this nation and allowed it to flourish so long. Are there nefarious intents hidden in there? I do not believe so. But I do think the other side wants to subvert the Constitution .. they have said as much... and when public officials, all of who pledge to protect the Constitution are involved in it's.. subversion... I think I know what side I must be on.

To your point, I do think there are people on both sides who mean good.. and people on both sides who only want to "front" a cause to gain power to do things for themselves and their.. groups.. for lack of a better term.. who only want power for themselves to serve themselves. Word. Both sides. That means some preach conservative "values" because that's how they can wield power for themselves and the same thing on the other side... and maybe, just maybe.. these people on both sides work with and support each other despite being the "loyal opposition" to the other. If I had to name a name from my side... Lindsey Grahm comes to mind.. Mitch McConnel.
Your leader is Trump, who is completely lawless and self-serving. He tried to upend a free and fair election and pussy whipped the entire Republican establishment into going along with it. The idea that Republicans respect the Constitution and Democrats don’t or the left doesn’t is such complete horse shit I don’t know how to respond.

Your leader is Trump, who is completely lawless and self-serving. He tried to upend a free and fair election and pussy whipped the entire Republican establishment into going along with it. The idea that Republicans respect the Constitution and Democrats don’t or the left doesn’t is such complete horse shit I don’t know how to respond.
"leader?" He is my candidate. He follows our lead. "Free and fair?".. how about YOU prove that instead of throwing up barrier after barrier in front of any kind of proper investigation and then telling those to prove it was not "free and fair". You won't even admit you want the Electoral College abolished.. that you would love to pack the courts.. that you want DC to be a state and maybe Puerto Rico too.. that you want open borders and have every ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT vote right away. You probably want teh Senate abolished as well if you cannot get the extra states made to dominate that body forever. You should know "horse shit" well slinging so much of it yourself.

"leader?" He is my candidate. He follows our lead. "Free and fair?".. how about YOU prove that instead of throwing up barrier after barrier in front of any kind of proper investigation and then telling those to prove it was not "free and fair". You won't even admit you want the Electoral College abolished.. that you would love to pack the courts.. that you want DC to be a state and maybe Puerto Rico too.. that you want open borders and have every ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT vote right away. You probably want teh Senate abolished as well if you cannot get the extra states made to dominate that body forever. You should know "horse shit" well slinging so much of it yourself.
shhhhhh- neither side wants a proper investigation on any of the shit over the past 8-10 years...just saying- last 2 guys in have been dirty as shit.

Reactions: LOU-RU85
still needs to be asked, what the heck is taking the BIG so long to investigate on it's own and make a statement?????
You would think the NCAA would put pressure on the Big Ten to quickly complete their investigation and turn over any incriminating evidence to the NCAA investigation team.

In short, the NCAA saying: Big Ten take care of this problem or things will be much worse if we deal will it!

Finally, Michigan does not really have a signature win yet and it would not surprise me if the CFP Committe ranks Michigan as #5 this week!

Reactions: RUTGERS95

Actually the GOP establishment (and Fox News) hate Trump.
The NeverTrumpers in GOP are more toxic than the neo-Marxist Dems.

Remember Al Gore calling for investigation of 2000 vote and getting it?
After 2020 there were states that found a lot of irregularities (like blocking GOP observers and 3AM ballot trucks arriving in pol machine cities).

There was never a move to "overturn" election - the move (following a C19 law) was aimed to let states investigate results because officials were being blocked from examining ballots and procedures - unlike Gore.

A main problem was that GOP leaders wanted Trump ripped-off so they could go back to ripping-off treasury. They pretended to "investigate" law changes made before election - often without state legislatures approving.

The problem now is that the wrecking ball in DC is leveling the country in all aspects.
We were told big orange was insane, would wreck economy and cause WWIII.
Of course he didn't but now their are kooks/radicals in DC wrecking economy, border, legal system, military etc. Millions of strangers let in by invitation and design.
They want US overextended in wars and debt while sleepers pour in over border even more than they were.

I don't think people realize how bad things are.
The debt bomb is headed to blow and the ME is going to pull the whole world into biggest war in history.
If the Straits of Hormuz get buggered-up while refineries burn and US reserves are half gone (as intended) we might not even be able to pay for gas - then economy crashes while debt continues to surge (US paid 650 billion just on debt last year).

RFK is a real Dem but the people wrecking US by design are something else and often on the take.
Trump can be an A-hole but he brakes up the uniparty cartel - and he's way ahead in all polls and demographics.
Don't follow any MSM including FOX - they've lied about Ukraine winning for months and got 1000s killed.
We are on the highway to hell on steroids because the conflict will come home - no TV wars.
Both parties are broke with one insane (mutilating kids etc)

Col Douglas Macgregor: "Avoiding Armageddon Now Is Hardly Possible"​

Last edited:
Finally, Michigan does not really have a signature win yet and it would not surprise me if the CFP Committe ranks Michigan as #5 this week!
CFP could leave Michigan out with a **note saying **until a proper investigation is made into the sign-stealing we cannot rank Michigan

Not that this will happen.. but can you imagine the fire put under the Big Ten's and Michigan's asses to clear this stuff up and not slow-walk it if they did that?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
BTW- I made sure to record the OSU game yesterday and kept great notes- who should I send them too? lol

Public YT account. Then it can’t be traced back to the AD.

I’m still just baffled how this even happened.

If teams go through the process of creating elaborate sign systems to get plays in - how do you not change them each week?
I just don’t get it.

“Teams are constantly trying to steal our signs. It’s very important they don’t get them. We’re going to have 3 different guys with 3 different colored hats and shirts to hide our signs.”

“Okay. Should we change up the signals this week. In case the other team caught something on the TV broadcast?”

“Huh? Of course not. That’s ridiculous. We put this sign process in place years ago. Nobody could crack it.”

Of course I want those things. People in States like NJ have their votes and power diluted compared to the rural states. Wyoming is less than 1/10 of NJ. But they still get two Senators. How does that makes sense? You say we want these changes so we can "dominate that body". You mean, since we have a large majority of the people and votes, that we should expect equal power with our votes so we can win elections? You talk like that's a nefarious plan instead of fair and rational changes to an antiquated democratic system.

Last edited:
Of course I want those things. People in States like NJ have their votes and power diluted compared to the rural states. Wyoming is less than 1/10 of NJ. But they still get two Senators. How does that makes sense? You say we want these changes so we can "dominate that body". You mean, since we have a large majority or the people and voters, that we should expect equal power with our votes so we can win elections? You talk like that's a nefarious plan instead of fair and rational changes to an antiquated democratic system.

Twenty percent of required electoral votes come from California. So, essentially, every 4 years the Dems get a 20% head start, and can't win the electoral without mandated mail in ballots and other gimmicks.
Want to win? Come up with better ideas.

Of course I want those things. People in States like NJ have their votes and power diluted compared to the rural states. Wyoming is less than 1/10 of NJ. But they still get two Senators. How does that makes sense? You say we want these changes so we can "dominate that body". You mean, since we have a large majority or the people and voters, that we should expect equal power with our votes so we can win elections? You talk like that's a nefarious plan instead of fair and rational changes to an antiquated democratic system.
slowdown as my vote doesn't count in NJ. You want fair representation, every county in the country should be a electoral pt. oh can't do that, dems would never win

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT