ADVERTISEMENT

Thx For Posting All Those Interviews - Heights Comparisons Possible

lion1983

Freshman
Gold Member
May 2, 2024
OK, OK, I know I remain obsessed with this. Can't help it. But each interview posted in the last day or so is with Chris Corso (I have no idea how tall he is). But it gave a frame of reference for each player's height.
My inexact perspective on the heights of the players interviewed:

J Williams is about 2", or a little more, taller than Corso (so maybe Corso is 6'2"?, making Williams 6'4".

Harper is clearly at least 2" taller than Williams.

Somerville is about 6" to 7" taller than Corso, 2" to 3" taller than Harper. Big body, thickness-wise.

Dortch is clearly taller than Somerville - but skinny/wiry.

Acuff looks about the same or similar height as Williams - meaning other than Davis, those are the 2 shortest RU players.

Derkack is 4" to 5" taller than Corso - roughly similar to Harper's height.

Hayes is clearly shorter than Derkack or Harper ... not clear to me he is 6'6" (as some have listed him) - but he IS thick/strong in the upper body.

Martini looked taller than I expected, clearly and visibly taller than Harper and Derkack, for sure ... and looks like he has a very strong and jacked upper body.

Bailey is tall - and wiry (like Dortch) ... I would say no taller than Dortch, maybe not even quite as tall as Dortch.

So ... pick your baseline (Williams/Acuff, or Dortch/Bailey), and work from there ... if Williams and Acuff are 6'4", then Harper and Derkack are 6'6", or maybe a fraction taller ... Somerville is 6'8" or 6'9" ... Dortch/Bailey are 6'9" to 6'10" (Dortch a bit taller than Bailey) ... Martini is 6'7" or 6'8" ... Hayes is maybe between 6'5" and 6'6" - but shorter than Derkack and Harper, and well short of Martini.

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Corso is not 6'2
That's fine - he is just the person in every interview picture, so in essence the "control." The main value - if any value whatsoever, which I admit may be small - is comparing each player TO Corso, however tall Corso is.

We are pretty comfortable that J. Williams is actually 6'4", no? On that basis, the comparisons versus all the other players is what may be of value ... or useless mental mas********n. I apologize for those who find this useless ... meaning maybe even to myself ... too much time on my hands, I guess.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
That's fine - he is just the person in every interview picture, so in essence the "control." The main value - if any value whatsoever, which I admit may be small - is comparing each player TO Corso, however tall Corso is.

We are pretty comfortable that J. Williams is actually 6'4", no? On that basis, the comparisons versus all the other players is what may be of value ... or useless mental mas********n. I apologize for those who find this useless ... meaning maybe even to myself ... too much time on my hands, I guess.
No worries. At least you didn’t start a poll…🤪

That's fine - he is just the person in every interview picture, so in essence the "control." The main value - if any value whatsoever . . .

If you are interested in players heights, I'd say it's of significant value.

We are pretty comfortable that J. Williams is actually 6'4", no? . . .

If Corso is under 6'2", then under your analysis J Will is under 6'4".

Here are the Heights/Weights listed by RU via Richie. You can probably assume that as with any college or pro league/team the numbers are slightly inflated. I'll just take a guess that the height numbers here are inflated by a couple inches. For me the more important numbers are generally wingspan (which never seem to be easily found) . It's why some players listed say 6'8" can play center effectively - or guys at 6'6" (or sometimes less) can defend effectively at PF.

https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/updated-heights-weights-from-2024-25-rutgers-basketball-roster

OFFICIAL RUTGERS HOOPS HEIGHTS / WEIGHTS
NAMEOLD HEIGHT / WEIGHTNEW HEIGHT / WEIGHT
Tyson Acuff6-foot-4 / 196-pounds6-foot-4 / 210-pounds
Jordan Derkack6-foot-5 / 205-pounds6-foot-6 / 215-pounds
PJ Hayes6-foot-6 / 215-pounds6-foot-6 / 220-pounds
Dylan Grant6-foot-7 / 205-pounds
(HIGH SCHOOL NUMBERS)
6-foot-7 / 205-pounds
Dylan Harper6-foot-5 / 180-pounds
(HIGH SCHOOL NUMBERS)
6-foot-7 / 215-pounds
Zach Martini6-foot-7 / 235-pounds6-foot-8 / 235-pounds
Bryce Dortch6-foot-8 / 190-pounds
(HIGH SCHOOL NUMBERS)
6-foot-9 / 205-pounds
Ace Bailey6-foot-9 / 200-pounds
(HIGH SCHOOL NUMBERS)
6-foot-10 / 200-pounds
Lathan Sommerville6-foot-10 / 240-pounds
(HIGH SCHOOL NUMBERS)
6-foot-10 / 275-pounds

UPDATED HEIGHTS / WEIGHTS FOR RETURNING PLAYERS....​

OFFICIAL RUTGERS HOOPS HEIGHTS / WEIGHTS
NAMEOLD HEIGHT / WEIGHTNEW HEIGHT / WEIGHT
Jamichael
Davis
6-foot-2 / 175-pounds6-foot-2 / 175-pounds
Jeremiah Williams6-foot-4 / 177-pounds6-foot-4 / 200-pounds
Emmanuel Ogbole6-foot-10 / 260-pounds6-foot-10 / 270-pounds

Rutgers makes up the numbers.

For example, Ogbole’s bio lists him at 242 pounds and 270 pounds.

Last season’s media guide had a walk-on at 5’10” and 6’2”. Same guy, 4 inch height difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT