ADVERTISEMENT

Time to do something Positive for Rutgers Sports / Rutgers Basketball

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
Emails are going out to Rutgers Alumni from the Rutgers Alumni Association.

TIME TO CREATE SOME POSITIVE ENERGY AROUND THESE PROGRAMS

In the days ahead, you will have an opportunity to support Rutgers University and the State of New Jersey by voting yes on A-4704. As a Rutgers University graduate, I strongly support the bill, which would provide the University with up to $25 million in tax credits for infrastructure improvements through the Economic Redevelopment and Growth Grant Program.

It is a smart investment for New Jersey, and a critical one for Rutgers.

The Senate counterpart (S-2880) is sponsored by Senator Lesniak and Senator Kean and passed the Senate with an overwhelming 37-3 bi-partisan vote last June. With your support, A-4704’s enactment will help:

• Create new short- and long-term employment
• Help finance part of a modern athletics practice facility in Piscataway
• Produce a significant return on investment of the type identified in the landmark May 2015 report, “Economic Impacts of Rutgers Athletics and Future Implications of the Big Ten,” that otherwise would not be possible.

Additionally, the facility envisioned by the University and the sponsors of this bill will help Rutgers to continue to meet its Title IX obligations and provide world-class opportunities for the men and women who wear scarlet on the field, in the gym, on the court and in the classroom.

As a proud Rutgers graduate, one who believes strongly in the bond between the State and its University, I ask you to please support A-4704. It will be considered by the Assembly Appropriations Committee on January 7 – and hopefully soon thereafter by the full Assembly.

Thank you for your time. I hope that New Jersey and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey can count on your support for A-4704.

http://www.capwiz.com/friendsofrutgers/issues/alert/?alertid=69209676

Reactions: wonchobody
Good idea posting this. I took the time to complete the pre-filled letter earlier today.

As an alumni, I did it also, although I am no longer a New Jersey resident. Lots of positive reaction and support from the paid board.....not so much on this basketball board.

Hobbs stated he would like engineering studies in the spring and ground breaking by the end of the year. $25 million may get both started because it could jumpstart donations.

Last edited:
As an alumni, I did it also, although I am no longer a New Jersey resident. Lots of positive reaction and support from the paid board.....not so much on this basketball board.

Hobbs stated he would like engineering studies in the spring and ground breaking by the end of the year. $25 million may get both started because it could jumpstart donations.

And it makes the coaching decisions easier. If they decide not to renew Eddie after next season, shovels in the ground in Spring 17 will make it a bit easier to attract a new coach, perhaps a BIG assistant like Ash who knows what a BIG team in the NYC market can be.

On the other hand, shovels in the ground and consistency in coaching (not firing Eddie after year 3 or 4) could help Eddie attract some recruits and rebuild relationships with HS and AAU programs.

Either way, we need to get the practice facility done and we need the $25M from the state to get rolling.

So send it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT