ADVERTISEMENT

Title IX in Philly

Also Kaleah Copper who played for CVS and Marianne Stanley who had couple of years as assistant to CVS

RU is well represented on that list. I'm wondering if any of the St. Joe's people mentioned were part of the great rivalries among RU, St. Joe's, and PSU, drawing large crowds to the RAC and playing for A-10 titles.

While both the Grentz and Stringer articles were not current - I highly commend the Cathy Rush article, which is current.

I liked her quip that she was the only coach whose career was negatively impacted by Title IX.

Would love to read but has me locked out. Anyone care to summarize? Merci beaucoup.

Would love to read but has me locked out. Anyone care to summarize? Merci beaucoup.
They identified various sports figures from Philadelphia that reflected Title IX. Most were WBB - including the various coaches mentioned (also Muffet), a couple of folks I didn't know of, including a long time Women's LAX coach. Mone Davis, who is playing softball at an HBCU. There was an article linked to each figure.

The article about CVS was from her 1000 win; the Grentz article was actually written by her, 10 years ago, acknowledging the 40th anniversary of Title IX. I'm sure that the Rush article wasn't the only current one, but it was the one I opted to read. Coach Rush retired to raise her family after the great Immaculata team, and also to run her sports-related business. She is currently 75.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Ironic how Title IX was passed to grant women equal rights in athletics and rightfully so while at the same time this is celebrated women’s rights were set back decades. I wonder what the impact will be on recruiting athletes to colleges and universities in states where women's rights are now grossly limited based on state law?

Reactions: ecojew and RUfanDNT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT