ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 Games

Uva was more tired. They don’t have a second midfield. It’s exhausting playing a 10 man.

Hopkins reluctance to play faster even when it’s there is a problem. You can’t win huge games at the elite level not taking advantage of odd rush numbers. You have to attack in those situations.

That’s basic lacrosse. I can’t understand a philosophy where you don’t rip that shot especially in that score, time, and fact you’ve been held scoreless the entire quarter trying to grind clock.

That’s actually the second worse loss I’ve ever seen from Hopkins
Hopkins flat out refusal to use speed is head scratching. I was screaming at the TV when they pulled up on a 3 on 1 fast break after a turnover on a ride in OT and I have zero emotional investment in Hopkins. Just pure asinine lacrosse play in the 4th quarter and OT.

Hopkins flat out refusal to use speed is head scratching. I was screaming at the TV when they pulled up on a 3 on 1 fast break after a turnover on a ride in OT and I have zero emotional investment in Hopkins. Just pure asinine lacrosse play in the 4th quarter and OT.

It's just horrible lacrosse. It's a simple proven philosophy. You have to make teams like Uva who press out pay when they over extend. Hopkins played not to lose instead of to win. And that almost always ends in a loss.

I took Denver money line and had UVA in a pool. My D3 bracket almost got upended by a fiesty Washington and Lee getting as far as they did.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
What a wasted opportunity for the conference. Would have been great to have just ND advancing from the ACC while B1G with 2.

Plus for JHU, given who they lose, this could have been their one chance till re-building again. Would have been like us in '22 if we had lost to Penn.

Finally watching Hop/UVA - credit to UVA but man the refs missed a bunch of calls.

It’s amazing to me how physical the game is and the difference between how the game I called in college vs hs.

Rumson kid plays for W&L------nice player.
Yeah they got a kid named Lydon supposed to commit soon but I don’t know to who. Lots of kids coming through Squan RFH and CBA. The team I most enjoyed watching from a system standpoint this year was Holmdel. They were stacked at mid but didn’t have the defense of the big 3.

Showing my age but as a kid, my dad (RU 1940) took us to watch RU/W&L play in Lexington Virginia in 1980 as we were in the area for my sister's graduation. To my dad's disgust, we got smoked 17-7. Still remember the "go back to sunny Elizabeth" insults the crowd shouted to our players. Just checked, W&L is 6-0 against RU. That 1980 game was the last played.

They were a top program back in the day. They routinely beat D1 teams. Lots of great players came out of there until the 90s basically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT