ADVERTISEMENT

To everyone who has given up and thrown in the towel

Thanks. I'm down to 1, but literally begging people to go.
It's funny. When RU is losing, there is no shame or problem with people low balling or taking tickets for free. But then people complain when tickets are in demand and ticket holders try to get higher prices.

Ticket scalping is not for the faint of heart.

Scorching hot take. People should buy overpriced tickets and give them away for free?

Just get them on stubhub for $8 and give those away for free. You just saved a ton. Your welcome.

Reactions: socaldave
It's funny. When RU is losing, there is no shame or problem with people low balling or taking tickets for free. But then people complain when tickets are in demand and ticket holders try to get higher prices.
Well because people suck. If you have little expectation of others, especially here, life goes smoother.

Lots of people in my free ticket thread are still looking. If you don't want to go, give your tickets to people who want to be there.
Had i have known that thisnwad going to happen again this year, I would've asked for 3 Eastern Michigan tickets to take the son and grandkids. Other than this week because I'm coaching a game this week, feel free for you or anyone else to dump some tickets to me. Heck if we have a Sunday game, we might take some players with us.

Contact me at santiagohec@gmail.com.

You could even get them from a scalper in front of the gate for $5 if you wanted. And sit anywhere you want.

people were giving tickets away for free at the front gate last week.

I remember the old days wandering the lots trying to give my extras away for free near the beer trucks and not finding any takers. History has a way of repeating itself.

Losing programs are definitely orphans. Right now, things are looking pretty damn bleak. Assuming (and I'm not kidding!), we can pull out a win this week...it is not easy to see another on the schedule. I know some of you will point to this BIG program or other and claim we can beat them, but I was damn close to placing a bet on last week's adventure ( I really don't gamble) and have serious doubts about the rest of the way. This is a program with a less than great history of drawing fans. Schiano was able to put together a team fans could be both proud and supportive of. Certainly not the case now.

Asking loyal fans to dole out a fortune for season tickets will get old real soon. Play Morgan State real close this week and expect to play in a half empty stadium and this is where the institution gets lost in the weeds. If they invested in a successful product it would pay dividends in the long term, instead they do what they've done for decades cheap out and cross your fingers.

Also, don't be surprised if Jim Delany insists on playing key B10 games at Giant Stadium, he will not tolerate half empty stadiums and we will not have much to say. trust me on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: tico brown
people were giving tickets away for free at the front gate last week.
Yes, I was in line to get tickets for my son and me as it was jr knights game. Tickets at the ticket window for north endzone still $50. Luckily a season ticket holder who printed out their extra free tickets gave them to us just before my purchase.
Thanks to all the season ticket holders who printed out their "bring a friend" tickets and gave them away instead of going to waste.

Asking loyal fans to dole out a fortune for season tickets will get old real soon. Play to Morgan State real close this week and expect half empty stadiums and this is where the institution gets lost in the weeds. If they invested in a successful product in would pay dividend long term, instead they do what they've done for decades cheap out and cross your fingers.

Also, don't be surprised if Jim Delany insists on playing key B10 games at Giant Stadium, he will not tolerate half empty stadiums and we will not have much to say. trust me on this one.

Being that you are a Penn State fan, you should know damn well Rutgers season tickets are not a fortune. And Jim Delany isn't insisting on anything about us having any games at Giants Stadium.

You are talking about two discrete groups of people.

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong. These are the same people. You're describing "cheapskates;" the same people who want your tickets for free, now, want them cheap, later.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Asking loyal fans to dole out a fortune for season tickets will get old real soon. Play to Morgan State real close this week and expect half empty stadiums and this is where the institution gets lost in the weeds. If they invested in a successful product in would pay dividend long term, instead they do what they've done for decades cheap out and cross your fingers.

Let me get this straight. He won't tolerate half empty stadiums so he will make us play at a bigger stadium?
He wanted our TV sets. He got them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT