ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight : The GASPARILLA BOWL ! S Fla v Marshall, 8pm ESPN, story:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
It's here, finally....THE BAD BOY MOWERS GASPARILLA BOWL !!!! WOOO HEEEEEE !

A Tremendous match up where a lower level G5 conference team l (we r) MARSHALL takes on the Bull of South Florida, game being played in Tampa at Raymondo James Stadium.. Jai Alai beers on tap ! Get this, the Thunderin Herd of Marshall are 4 point favorites !

More info for you degenerate gamblers, drinkers and whore mongerers :

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/individual_rankings.php?weight=285&region=ALL

Reactions: Knight Shift
Am I wrong or was this the St Pete’s bowl? And got moved across town to a real stadium, with a new sponsor?

Reactions: Abro1975
Am I wrong or was this the St Pete’s bowl? And got moved across town to a real stadium, with a new sponsor?

It was the Magic Jack Bowl, then Beef O'Brady's, then St. Pete with no sponsor, then Bitcoin, then Gasparilla. Bad Boys Mowers entered as the sponsor starting last season. I might be a little off on the sponsor timeline, but I know those four corporate entities have been involved.

I like the Gasparilla Bowl name. It honors local history (Tampa is my old hometown before I got exiled to parts unknown). This the first year at RayJay.

Rutgers beat UCF in the 2009 version. Damaso Munoz returned an onside kick all the way for a TD and did a front flip into the end zone.

I had a lot of fun at that bowl game.

Horrendous attendance by USF for a home game in their home stadium.

USF lost the last 5 games of their season after going 7-0. They're probably going to lose this game too, by the early looks of it.

USF. Sucks. Their Coach is as bad as the Fla. St coach.

Losing 28-7 at the half.

To be fair, there were major storms today and actually a tornado or two in the area.

Probably not the best weather for an outdoor debut of this game.

Also, this game has been traditionally played on a weekend, if memory serves.

I had a lot of fun at that bowl game.

We had a great time too in St. Petersburg.
UCF fans talking smack to us in the Parking Lot before the game and blow them out .
Priceless

Not too long ago, I thought Charlie Strong would be a good candidate as the RU head coach.

Now I'm starting to see why people laughed at me.

It was the Magic Jack Bowl, then Beef O'Brady's, then St. Pete with no sponsor, then Bitcoin, then Gasparilla. Bad Boys Mowers entered as the sponsor starting last season. I might be a little off on the sponsor timeline, but I know those four corporate entities have been involved.

I like the Gasparilla Bowl name. It honors local history (Tampa is my old hometown before I got exiled to parts unknown). This the first year at RayJay.

Rutgers beat UCF in the 2009 version. Damaso Munoz returned an onside kick all the way for a TD and did a front flip into the end zone.

Yes remember that, flip! Made highlight reels. Also the big snow back home in Jersey and delayed flights

Reactions: megadrone
Not too long ago, I thought Charlie Strong would be a good candidate as the RU head coach.

Now I'm starting to see why people laughed at me.

I have been telling people that for years and like the Ash hiring, so many put blinders on, stick head in the sand and see no evil. Charlie Strong killed Texas. They quickly corrected their mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT