ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo

I know Dallas has homefield. It was his last opportunity to suit and plau in front of the Dallas fans outside of an emergency situation in the playoffs.. Dallas was up 21 pts late in the 4th and their were chants throughout the stadium to see Romo play one more time. The crowd wanted to give him a walk off standing ovation but the Cowboys organization didn't feel he was worthy of it. With the Cowboys organization not giving him that moment and multitudes of Cowboys fans who never liked Romo.. That's why I asked as opposing fans did you ever consider him a good QB. This wasn't about anything other than that simple question.

Well it surely makes the first line of your original post quite silly, now doesn't it. Almost as silly as a Dallas cowboys fan from NJ/NY. We have 3 teams in the mostly immediate area to root for (Giants, Jets, Eagles) and you root for one hundreds of miles away who are the self-proclaimed "americas team" who did a whole bunch of winning....in the very distant past heh heh.

Sorry but I just can't respect anyone who is a fan of a team like that...

Dallas Cowboys- the ultimate bandwagon team.

So you think White is comparable to Staubach? Maybe you should put down the bottle.
If you have watched football, specifically the Cowboys through all these eras , there is no comparison between White and Staubach or Romo. None. He isnt in the same conversation with either of them.
I didn't say that and poor deflection on your part. Trying reading again and if you need it spelled out, I can do that for you

Somebody mentioned Dan Marino earlier in the thread...the way I look at it people payed to see Marino play. Not sure if the same can be said about Romo.

Well it surely makes the first line of your original post quite silly, now doesn't it. Almost as silly as a Dallas cowboys fan from NJ/NY. We have 3 teams in the mostly immediate area to root for (Giants, Jets, Eagles) and you root for one hundreds of miles away who are the self-proclaimed "americas team" who did a whole bunch of winning....in the very distant past heh heh.

You keep repeating this ridiculous premise on this board. Was there legislation passed requiring state residents to root for one of the three area teams? And no, I'm not a Cowboys fan. There are a ton of Raiders and Steelers fans in our area too. Some teams just go national for whatever reason (usually winning consistently).

Reactions: RUinPAC10land

Sorry but this is silly. Go Cowboys! I jumped on the bandwagon when the team would lose in NFC championship game every year for 3 years- Eagles, Niners, and Redskins. Will be a Cowboy fan until I die.

BTW, I don't respect or disrespect people for the team that they root for. Once again, that's silly.

are you insane? you think the stats work in different eras when it used to be almost legal to practically hang on a receiver, mug the fker 20yds out or guys had contests to see how long after the throw they could hit the qb before drawing a flag?

you said earlier Romo was great but the link I provided should with a comparison to White should make you rethink your White view much less the comparison in numbers to Staubach.

I think you still have some of the spiked egg nog in your system and I hate the fking cowboys, black and gold baby!!!!
I will say this if Romo would have played in the 70 and 80 he would only lastake a couple of games. The QB had no protection, look at the film's on the QB hits trust me even Brady would be retired by now in that era.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I will say this if Romo would have played in the 70 and 80 he would only lastake a couple of games. The QB had no protection, look at the film's on the QB hits trust me even Brady would be retired by now in that era.

"Teflon Tony" lol...

I just find it funny when someone derides White as not being any good and then lauds a guy with worse stats in an easier era for offensive numbers.

I'm no cowboys fan, not a danny white fan, still want to punch bubby brister in the mouth and think Marino is the greatest qb to ever play but danny white was a very good qb

A quarterback with two career playoff victories is celebrated if he played for the Detroit Lions. The Dallas Cowboys, not so much.

This is Tony Romo

4kCY0g.jpg

Reactions: ntlrock1
I just find it funny when someone derides White as not being any good and then lauds a guy with worse stats in an easier era for offensive numbers.

I'm no cowboys fan, not a danny white fan, still want to punch bubby brister in the mouth and think Marino is the greatest qb to ever play but danny white was a very good qb
I find it weird and creepy that a Steelers fan is on here defending Danny White!
As a Steelers fan it would be like comparing Terry to Vick. Unreal stupidity. You are just stirring the pot. You have no clue how good or bad Danny White was. And you already lost the stats battle but you still defend a player that no Cowboys fan considered great.

Reactions: jared04
You keep repeating this ridiculous premise on this board. Was there legislation passed requiring state residents to root for one of the three area teams? And no, I'm not a Cowboys fan. There are a ton of Raiders and Steelers fans in our area too. Some teams just go national for whatever reason (usually winning consistently).

Have some state/area pride man. It's similar to the problem of recruits leaving jersey and "jersey eats their own". You think anyone in Dallas fuggin Texas roots for the Giants Jets or Eagles???? Uhhhhh...no. You're a bandwagon fan who roots for a team bc of their winning tradition just like anyone who became a fan of the patriots in the last 10 years

Even Cowboys fan that saw that was thinking WTF. Owens killed Romo standing up for him. When a nut job is backing someone up we put them in the same rubber room

lol...what turned me off from Romo, more than anything else, was the summer camp he spent in a separate dorm, ALL to himself, with Jessica Simpson instead of staying with his teammates. Yes, she's ****ing hot and all, but I would have decked him had he been my "teammate."

lol...what turned me off from Romo, more than anything else, was the summer camp he spent in a separate dorm, ALL to himself, with Jessica Simpson instead of staying with his teammates. Yes, she's ****ing hot and all, but I would have decked him had he been my "teammate."
Lol
And he was hitting that when she was at the top of the smoking hot meter. Good for him. And his wife is still at the top meter. Great to be the QB of America's Team
We should be so "lucky"

Lol
And he was hitting that when she was at the top of the smoking hot meter. Good for him. And his wife is still at the top meter. Great to be the QB of America's Team
We should be so "lucky"

When I lived in LA my ex and I lived in the "guest house" of her best friend. The husband was Simpson's manager at the time when she was still claiming to be a "virgin." Well apparently she was, BUTT she wasn't, if you get my drift.

Reactions: WhiteBus
When I lived in LA my ex and I lived in the "guest house" of her best friend. The husband was Simpson's manager at the time when she was still claiming to be a "virgin." Well apparently she was, BUTT she wasn't, if you get my drift.
Lol. I hear you brother. She must have been the butt of a lot of jokes!

There are times when a thread goes off the rails and I wish some off us lived closer. These conversations would be great in a bar without mods and political correctness.

Have some state/area pride man. It's similar to the problem of recruits leaving jersey and "jersey eats their own".

What? State pride is exactly why shouldn't support the Giants. They play here and don't even acknowledge it. Giants organization has made NJ their mistress and it's disrespectful. And you give em your money. State pride is Rutgers, Devils, and the when the Nets were here. And stop with Cowboys fans are bandwagon fans. If that were so - they would all currently be Patriots fans. The Cowboys are America's Team - with a global reach. So if your from a place like NJ - who doesn't have a team.. Pledging allegiance to America's team is very appropriate

Reactions: RU-AGK
Have some state/area pride man. It's similar to the problem of recruits leaving jersey and "jersey eats their own". You think anyone in Dallas fuggin Texas roots for the Giants Jets or Eagles???? Uhhhhh...no. You're a bandwagon fan who roots for a team bc of their winning tradition just like anyone who became a fan of the patriots in the last 10 years
Ummm, actually I think you can find fans of any team, anywhere for many reasons. This discussion is ridiculous. Also, did you miss the part where I said I wasn't a Cowboy fan?

What? State pride is exactly why shouldn't support the Giants. They play here and don't even acknowledge it. Giants organization has made NJ their mistress and it's disrespectful. And you give em your money. State pride is Rutgers, Devils, and the when the Nets were here. And stop with Cowboys fans are bandwagon fans. If that were so - they would all currently be Patriots fans. The Cowboys are America's Team - with a global reach. So if your from a place like NJ - who doesn't have a team.. Pledging allegiance to America's team is very appropriate

L. M. A. O.

Ummm, actually I think you can find fans of any team, anywhere for many reasons. This discussion is ridiculous. Also, did you miss the part where I said I wasn't a Cowboy fan?

Apologies meant to direct that towards a cowgirls fan. Sorry Pete

I find it weird and creepy that a Steelers fan is on here defending Danny White!
As a Steelers fan it would be like comparing Terry to Vick. Unreal stupidity. You are just stirring the pot. You have no clue how good or bad Danny White was. And you already lost the stats battle but you still defend a player that no Cowboys fan considered great.
you make no sense, I mean really, just sit back and reread your posts here

No stats were lost, I provided clear evidence in more than one instance of a player that you said sucked who clearly did not suck. Here is another one

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamleaders.htm?tm=dal&lg=NFL

Amen brother and well said!

HAHAHAHAHA! I love when people spout this bullshit while talking about the DALLAS Cowboys. Guess when the last time the DALLAS Cowboys played a game in DALLAS??? 45 YEARS AGO! They should have been called the "Irving Cowboys" and now the "Arlington Cowboys" by this stupid line of thinking hahahaha! Com'on man!

Also, the VAST MAJORITY of Cowboy fans, in NJ, became Cowboy fans during their run in the 70's or in the 90's, HENCE, "Bandwagon fans" is more than appropriate to describe them.

Reactions: ntlrock1 and Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT