ADVERTISEMENT

Football Transfer DB Brendon White Committed!

tenor.gif

Trust that GS knows his situation well and a great transfer! Playing for a NFL spot! Hopefully, a leader on the field as well.

Wow! Getting a guy from a national.championship contender, that has had success on the field already, ison the two deep, and that wants more playing time is beyond "a good sign" . Throw in that he has played for schiano and believes in him. An added bonus. Throw in that hes not even from jersey and it's even more of a statement. This is HUGE on so many levels.

Throw that waiver NCAA

One of the articles linked above mentions that his dad is battling ALS and that may help with the hardship waiver. How does moving away from Ohio, where he is from and I am making an assumption his dad is, help with a hardship waiver? Don't these kids usually want to be closer to their ill family members and not further away?

One of the articles linked above mentions that his dad is battling ALS and that may help with the hardship waiver. How does moving away from Ohio, where he is from and I am making an assumption his dad is, help with a hardship waiver? Don't these kids usually want to be closer to their ill family members and not further away?
Isn't he a graduate transfer. If so he wouldn't need a waiver

Reactions: BigWill and RURM85
I read that Ohio State switched defense to a single safety. Never heard of this defense but apparently that’s why he hasn’t been playing.

Seems like a good get and hope he is eligible this year. But as an aside, I have first hand experience with ALS and it is truly and awful disease to have a family member go through. Both for the person and the caregivers. What's worse if how little is really even known about what causes it, what can prevent it or even what can potentially slow or cure it..

Reactions: LC-88 and BuckRU
His dad, William White, was a cornerback for OSU in the mid-80s and played in the NFL for 11 years. He was diagnosed with ALS in 2016. Brendon is a tough, physical safety that could play the hybrid linebacker spot in certain situations. Good luck to Brendon. He should receive a nice, warm welcome back to the Shoe when Rutgers visits next season.

Doesn’t need a hardship, he’s a grad transfer.

Wow! Getting a guy from a national.championship contender, that has had success on the field already, ison the two deep, and that wants more playing time is beyond "a good sign" . Throw in that he has played for schiano and believes in him. An added bonus. Throw in that hes not even from jersey and it's even more of a statement. This is HUGE on so many levels.
Well said. This is huge. Love getting some players that make us better next year, not just a few years from now, as it's important to show some improvement next year.

Doesn’t need a hardship, he’s a grad transfer.

don't you have to graduate to be a grad transfer? I don't see in any article that he has graduated, just that he has completed 3 full years of school.
From the OTB article posted above:

Brendon has one year of eligibility remaining but may need to sit out next season due to transfer rules. White did enroll in January 2017, so he has been at Ohio State for three full academic years. His father, William, was a 1987 OSU captain before playing 11 years in the NFL as a cornerback and safety. Unfortunately, William has been battling ALS and that may impact the status of a potential hardship waiver for immediate eligibility. More to come on Brandon’s status for 2020 as the story unfolds.

Perhaps his Dad has treatment in NY or NJ for ALS. My sister died from ALS very scary disease

Reactions: LC-88
don't you have to graduate to be a grad transfer? I don't see in any article that he has graduated, just that he has completed 3 full years of school.
From the OTB article posted above:

Brendon has one year of eligibility remaining but may need to sit out next season due to transfer rules. White did enroll in January 2017, so he has been at Ohio State for three full academic years. His father, William, was a 1987 OSU captain before playing 11 years in the NFL as a cornerback and safety. Unfortunately, William has been battling ALS and that may impact the status of a potential hardship waiver for immediate eligibility. More to come on Brandon’s status for 2020 as the story unfolds.

I assume that's why he says secret 20th member. He probably had been waiting for his final grades to clear so he can say he transfers as a graduate.

Edit: It us always so impressive these students graduate in 3 years with all the football requirements when most of us (including myself) took 4 with no major additional commitments. Kudos to all of athletes that achieve this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT