ADVERTISEMENT

TREMENDOUS speech by SCHIANO

Just wanted to leave you all with one of my favorite Bruce Lee quotes...relevant for today.

"Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him."

he did get right to the "ASK"... sign of a salesman. cannot be afraid to ask for the business... in this case the "If you got a lot of money, we need it, if you don't, we need you at the Scarlet Walk.. we need you in the stadium"

The only thing that kept this from being perfect was, at the end when he said "I'm thrilled to be back" followed by a long pause, I would've erected if he said "It's time."

December 2000: I'm thrilled to be here.............. It's time."

But his story about the chop was awesome.

Loved how he said he will focus on the Main Thing, meaning the players, and hire good coaches to do the other stuff (which he will help with, since he has 30 years of experience). Subtle but important difference from his first stint here.

Reactions: IBleedScarlet
"We don’t need it when we’re seventh in the country, 10th in the country, first in the country. We need it right now. Not in the beginning of the season, we need it right now.

Reactions: leonh71 and AntiG
At the beginning, I thought he was quiet and reserved. I was hoping for more and boy did he deliver as his messages were getting stronger and stronger. If football people around here aren't ready to support Rutgers and get back in that stadium, you probably dont have much of a pulse.
On a side note, did he say 400-500 strokes in the woods? Mama mia!!!!

Reactions: leonh71
The only thing that kept this from being perfect was, at the end when he said "I'm thrilled to be back" followed by a long pause, I would've erected if he said "It's time."

December 2000: I'm thrilled to be here.............. It's time."

But his story about the chop was awesome.
You would've what? [roll]

He clearly took off when he got through thanking everyone, put the notes down and just did his thing. That's what a leader can do.

Reactions: superfan01
Loved how he said he will focus on the Main Thing, meaning the players, and hire good coaches to do the other stuff (which he will help with, since he has 30 years of experience). Subtle but important difference from his first stint here.
When I worked for Colgate a management consultant that was brought in "keeping the main thing the main thing" was his mantra.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT