ADVERTISEMENT

Turay?

I was about to post that the drive was a success just to be able to punt from reasonable field position but the bad punt coverage and penalty kinda ruined that.

He was held out for entire 1st period. Maybe a discipline thing. He looks good.

I'm even more impressed that he 1.) set the edge, 2.) showed gap discipline, 3.) played assignment football, and 4.) saw him once drop into coverage.

He's come a long way from being that guy who you could count on hitting a big misdirection play against due to overpersuit.

If he can stay on the field he certainly disrupts the opposition.

Ash said he was held out of 1Q because he missed much of training camp and Elorm had earned the start over him...

Last edited:
Previllion , RS Soph out of Orange HS, had some nice tackles at NT, he also deflected a Browning pass on a 3rd down. He's huge now , 6'5", 300 pounds. He was a raw 2 star who has developed faster than I thought he would.

Davidovitz a big improvement on Kick offs over last years kicker.

Our DL was very impressive....excited for the future again for the first time in a couple of seasons..Ash knows what he's doing...I love savage D... and STs play..get ready to be proud again..

Reactions: RU31trap
Before yesterday, I genuinely thought RUs worst unit was the defensive line. Stunned by how great they were last night. Everyone was great. Where the hell did previllon come from? Guy looked like an NFL player out there.

Reactions: miketd1
Nitpicking, but I'd like to see Turay more in 100% full Kill the QB mode on 3rd down, no other responsibility.

He dropped into coverage a few, and hesitated before rushing on a few.

turay showed me something last night. Big game against a big team and more than just a situational pass rusher. His pursuit all over the field was good.

He has a unique physical skill set that allows him to cover players but I tend to agree that he should be being the heat most times on passing downs.

Last edited:
Thought Turay played pretty well. Pursued well and almost had a couple of sacks, plus he wasn't getting "lost" on running plays.

Watched Turay a lot instead of Browning and saw him move pile, run faster than other road graders to the ball, and chased the qb many times. He's going to be our best lineman.

kid has matured and now gets what it takes to possibly play at next level..good for him,hope he stays healthy.

He was benched in the third quarter after missing an assignment on a third down where the back came out and was wide open for a touchdown. Ash got on him and he sat out at least a series or two. Other than that he was pretty disruptive.

They tested his gap discipline on a number of occasions. Glad he didn't fall for any of it. (Edit: oops, stand corrected -- see directly above)

Agree with Zap to an extent: would love to see him in more packages where he's a pure pass rusher. But that would probably require more safety involvement in the run fits -- something I hesitate to do against a QB and receiver group of Washington's quality.

I think he'll star against less talented squads.

Reactions: zappaa
Good post Mike
They'd also have to cover his contain responsibility.
I liked Washingtons timed full speed blitzes, they were off sides twice, but it's a bitch to block

Turay didnt start due to missing some training camp Ash said..but Grant did and MITCHELL.hmm.

Ash is making him into a complete player. Looked great last night but apparently made the one mistake. Everyone does but not everyone is as atheistic and disruptive as he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT