ADVERTISEMENT

Turzilli Suspended 4 Games for PED's

I've been told that much of what is at GNC would fail PED tests.
That's not true but there are some items. Same goes for normal prescription meds but these guys have banned lists and people they can talk to. That being said, I don't fault a fringe guy for trying to make a living. I know that won't go over well here but it's a lot of money if you make it.

Reactions: scarlet night
I will wait to pass judgement to see what type of it is. If it's one of those obscure things you have in over the counter supplements, then he deserves his penalty without further scorn.

If it is taking juice or whatever else that is obvious, then yea, the dude is done.

I realize the penalty is the same, but the act is very different, imo. One is outright cheating, the other is making a mistake. You should be punished for both but I view them a little differently in this situation.

Steroids mean nothing in the NFL. More than a handful of notable players have been suspended 4 games and almost no one cares

Steroids mean nothing in the NFL. More than a handful of notable players have been suspended 4 games and almost no one cares
Correct, "notable" is the key word. Greg Hardy could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and an NFL team would still sign him but Turzilli was a bubble player before this and now I fear he may have blown his opportunity. I'm not trying to pass judgement and agree with Cali that we need more details on the specific violation but realistically this opens the door for another bubble player to simply take his place while he's suspended.

Maybe players should bring in anything they are considering taking to the team doctor and have them tell them yes or no in writing. I would be scared to take a vitamin pill with the dire consequences the way they are.
My wife was a flight attendant for years and had to be careful with what she ate as some of the things will come up as a drug like poppy seed muffins. The airline would randomly test the entire flight crews just before they were planning on leaving. If you ever had a delayed flight for no apparent reason, it may well have been the pilot.

Legalize it.

They should just allow players to do whatever they want, take whatever they want, both in training and for the games. I mean, imagine how great the games would be if players could juice nonstop during training and then snort a happy blend of PCP and cocaine during the games?

We'd have players running for a sure TD suddenly dropping dead from major heart attacks. We'd have lineman ripping the arms off their opponent and beating them to death with it. There would be players whose balls shrink up so small from testosterone injections that they wink out of existence, creating quantum singularities that swallow up whole stadiums of people.

Would be, like, totally awesome dude. Best entertainment EVER!

Do not start overnight. Wonder how long he has been drugging

Legalize it.

They should just allow players to do whatever they want, take whatever they want, both in training and for the games. I mean, imagine how great the games would be if players could juice nonstop during training and then snort a happy blend of PCP and cocaine during the games?

We'd have players running for a sure TD suddenly dropping dead from major heart attacks. We'd have lineman ripping the arms off their opponent and beating them to death with it. There would be players whose balls shrink up so small from testosterone injections that they wink out of existence, creating quantum singularities that swallow up whole stadiums of people.

Would be, like, totally awesome dude. Best entertainment EVER!

Guys are already sacrificing their bodies and turning into vegetables at early ages . But hey we love the games .

Guys are already sacrificing their bodies and turning into vegetables at early ages . But hey we love the games .
Exactly. They're already getting all f... uh, messed up. So why not stop with this namby pamby protecting the players nonsense and let them have at it like real men. And we should eliminate all these stupid penalties for roughing the passer and all. Just allow the teams to double their active roster size.

Have a friend who played the the NFL who is sadly a mess now. Whatever went on during those OTA's or whatever they are called, well, the are the greatest workouts on the world. Dude would come back a full on monster every time.

Do not start overnight. Wonder how long he has been drugging
Or could have started on the advice of a trainer after turning pro.
Since he never was caught while playing college ball, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and consider the banned supplements part of a training regime that was supposed to help him make the pros notice him better after he left college.

Exactly. They're already getting all f... uh, messed up. So why not stop with this namby pamby protecting the players nonsense and let them have at it like real men. And we should eliminate all these stupid penalties for roughing the passer and all. Just allow the teams to double their active roster size.
Prepare for at least a doubling of ticket prices and tv carriage fees passed on to customers

Listen I am a win at all costs kinda guy , but we at least need some rules and regulations . At least for the sake that we may feel better about actually watching the carnage .
But let's be honest here we were all cheering our asses off when turzilli took it to the house against Michigan. He may have been on peds , he may not have been . But we would have cheered the same, even if we knew .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT