ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA wasn’t Big Ten’s first choice to join USC in conference realignment

There is nothing, even in the article with its only source beng the biased Arizona President, that suggests the B1G was actually going to invite Oregon then switched to UCLA.

Maybe, in the initial stages it was mentioned that purely based on football USC and Oregon would be the two most attractive schools, but even the article mentions the other factors that had UCLA make sense where Oregon didn’t.

Clickbait.

Of course. I am sure they would rather have had Notre Dame join USC in becoming members.

UCLA was always a head scratcher to me. USC brings the market….get a school from a different market.

There is no way in hell anyone with a brain preferred Oregon over UCLA. Aside from Notre Dame, UCLA and USC were the two most valuable schools outside of the Big Ten and SEC. My guess is this was a rumor started by Oregon in a propaganda attempt to make them seem desired by the big two conferences. The most interesting thing in the interview is that Arizona President is so dumb that he believed it.

Reactions: bac2therac
There is nothing, even in the article with its only source beng the biased Arizona President, that suggests the B1G was actually going to invite Oregon then switched to UCLA.

Maybe, in the initial stages it was mentioned that purely based on football USC and Oregon would be the two most attractive schools, but even the article mentions the other factors that had UCLA make sense where Oregon didn’t.

Clickbait.
This is total BS. The Big Ten didn't seek out any school. USC and UCLA approached the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT