ADVERTISEMENT

University of Alabama Deputy Athletic Director Arrested

And this scandal will impact recruiting? Will it impact the schools ability to draw students? Will it lose respect on the national stage.No it is a blip on the radar. Rutgers…if it were here we would be castrated by the NY- NJ media and NJ State legislators would call for a delay on any future funding. To post this is nice for some but most don’t give it a second look. Oh and congrats… take those masks off…we all have immunity from having been exposed to covid 19 . Guarantee some will still be wearing masks come next fall.

And this scandal will impact recruiting? Will it impact the schools ability to draw students? Will it lose respect on the national stage.No it is a blip on the radar. Rutgers…if it were here we would be castrated by the NY- NJ media and NJ State legislators would call for a delay on any future funding. To post this is nice for some but most don’t give it a second look. Oh and congrats… take those masks off…we all have immunity from having been exposed to covid 19 . Guarantee some will still be wearing masks come next fall.
Bama will do what Bama always has done.
Make like sorry and find new ways to break the rules

One might tend to bet that the mask wearing has little to do with anything except put in a personal agenda unrelated to the issue on hand..

One of the biggest cheating school of all time. Not surprised.

Reactions: tm_nj
Bama will do what Bama always has done.
Make like sorry and find new ways to break the rules

One might tend to bet that the mask wearing has little to do with anything except put in a personal agenda unrelated to the issue on hand..
Yeah …it’s a personal agenda which was politically motivated and has been verified as mostly BS.So you can take off the mask.

Not going to argue but what in the ever loving hell does that have to do with the Alabama story?!!
Everything is a conspiracy to RUBOB72.

And no one on the board brought up the issue of masks. I think RUBOB72 is a little disoriented today cuz his buddies, the patriotic Proud Boys, were convicted of seditious conspiracy by a jury in a federal court.

Reactions: SoCal_Knight
Not going to argue but what in the ever loving hell does that have to do with the Alabama story?!!
I figured if people on the board are whining about Bama ‘s indiscretions that is pathetic. Alabama has been doing sh$t like this since 50-60’s. This Rutgers board didn’t cry as much when the masking scam was costing mental health issues in children and adults nor the miraculous claim that we now gave herd immunity. Tedros the Great hath spoken. Rutgers needs to do more worrying about Rutgers.

I figured if people on the board are whining about Bama ‘s indiscretions that is pathetic. Alabama has been doing sh$t like this since 50-60’s. This Rutgers board didn’t cry as much when the masking scam was costing mental health issues in children and adults nor the miraculous claim that we now gave herd immunity. Tedros the Great hath spoken. Rutgers needs to do more worrying about Rutgers.
STFU you weirdo

Geez...

If I remember correctly this board did in fact do a significant amount of whining and crying about masks. So not sure what your point is. Its a sports/basketball/RU message board, content & discussion about what happens at Alabama AD should be fair game ....although probably with an OT added to the thread title.

If I remember correctly this board did in fact do a significant amount of whining and crying about masks. So not sure what your point is. Its a sports/basketball/RU message board, content & discussion about what happens at Alabama AD should be fair game ....although probably with an OT added to the thread title.
"So not sure what your point is"
My guess

because that's what Bob's doing
My message to Bob
upkkzmnrcy_1406578241358.jpg

STFU you weirdo

Geez...
You calling me a weirdo is like calling the proverbial” kettle black”. I’ll refrain from the name calling ( for now) but leave the option open. Rutgers needs to worry about what Rutgers can control. It failed for years in donations, promotions and definitely lacked a vision for success. Maybe “ DOR” should have did more. As for the mask quote. You better save some since yesterday some Biology Virologist predicts another pandemic before 2025. Don’t worry Pfizer’s already working on a vaccine.

"So not sure what your point is"
My guess

because that's what Bob's doing
My message to Bob
upkkzmnrcy_1406578241358.jpg
Posters worry more about Alabama’s AD and paying athletes or shall we say buying titles rather than the important failed and destructive issues. Rutgers always believing they are somehow better, more educated , are morally at a higher level and have never had someone stray off the path . Preach to someone else about the evils of Alabama, Michigan , Miami etc. … Rutgers has had numerous controversial and destructive story lines we are no different just a lot smaller in perception by the public.

You calling me a weirdo is like calling the proverbial” kettle black”. I’ll refrain from the name calling ( for now) but leave the option open. Rutgers needs to worry about what Rutgers can control. It failed for years in donations, promotions and definitely lacked a vision for success. Maybe “ DOR” should have did more. As for the mask quote. You better save some since yesterday some Biology Virologist predicts another pandemic before 2025. Don’t worry Pfizer’s already working on a vaccine.
ub5vb.jpg

Making like Rutgers is the issue is a nice move, but you made sure you turned it into a personal agenda that doesn't belong in what is being discussed.
You seen the responses
6rby60.jpg

Most posters failed to realize it may be a strange comparison I get that . It was purposely done . Rutgers board fans worry way too much about things they can’t control . Things which impact them they argue and discuss ( like the masks) but are for some reason more upset by this Alabama U problem. I ‘m far from being weird but see this news article as not important in our lives.Take a good look around… a great many issues that are far worse than this.

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Back to the issue this thread is about , excuses for hijack attempt
:DeadHorse: :BeatDeadHorse:ignored
Here's Sell's Bama Bio
Matt Self currently serves as Deputy Director of Athletics, Compliance and Support Services, leading the athletics compliance office and is responsible for all areas of compliance with NCAA, SEC and UA rules and regulations, monitoring efforts and investigations. In addition, Self, a member of the department's executive staff, oversees equipment operations, sports medicine/athletic training, nutrition, strength and conditioning and is the sport administrator for football and volleyball.
A licensed attorney, Self assists the department with risk management, contracts and legislative issues and regularly works with the UA Office of Counsel, UA President's Office, UA Systems Office, outside counsel and other on-campus partners.
Self left his private law practice in July of 2008 to join the Alabama Athletics Compliance Office. After serving as the primary compliance liaison to football for several years, Self was promoted to lead the compliance department in 2016.
Self completed his undergraduate studies in 1998, earning a bachelor's degree in political science. He attended The University of Alabama School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor degree and was later admitted to the State Bar of Alabama in 2004.
A native of Huntsville, Ala., Self resides in Tuscaloosa with his family, Tina and Jackson, their three dogs, Jonah, Charlie and Oliver and two cats, Will and Carlton.
https://rolltide.com/staff-directory/matt-self/223

Most posters failed to realize it may be a strange comparison I get that . It was purposely done . Rutgers board fans worry way too much about things they can’t control . Things which impact them they argue and discuss ( like the masks) but are for some reason more upset by this Alabama U problem. I ‘m far from being weird but see this news article as not important in our lives.Take a good look around… a great many issues that are far worse than this.

Nope....no one is angry except perhaps you.

Reactions: thegock
May I make a suggestion???
If someone makes a comment on a sports board that has to do with politics is it at all possible for the opposing side to just ignore it and let it wither and die on the vine? Instead everyone has to get into their own agendas. Just let it go.
Pay the extra cash and do it on premium.

Posters worry more about Alabama’s AD and paying athletes or shall we say buying titles rather than the important failed and destructive issues. Rutgers always believing they are somehow better, more educated , are morally at a higher level and have never had someone stray off the path . Preach to someone else about the evils of Alabama, Michigan , Miami etc. … Rutgers has had numerous controversial and destructive story lines we are no different just a lot smaller in perception by the public.
Its interesting that you are morally offended by the mask issue but are not morally offended that Alabama's star basketball player, Brandon Miller, was an accessory to a murder of a 23 year old woman and he was never arrested, charged with a crime and was never even suspended a single game from their ranked basketball team. As a former assistant district attorney in NYC, based on my experience he'd be arrested and in jail awaiting trial if this happened in NYC - instead of the kindergarten courts of Alabama where they treat athletes like gods. BTW, the Tuscaloosa County DA that declined to prosecute BM is a University of Alabama law school graduate.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRC79
Its interesting that you are morally offended by the mask issue but are not morally offended that Alabama's star basketball player, Brandon Miller, was an accessory to a murder of a 23 year old woman and he was never arrested, charged with a crime and was never even suspended a single game from their ranked basketball team. As a former assistant district attorney in NYC, based on my experience he'd be arrested and in jail awaiting trial if this happened in NYC - instead of the kindergarten courts of Alabama where they treat athletes like gods. BTW, the Tuscaloosa County DA that declined to prosecute BM is a University of Alabama law school graduate.
Has nothing to do with anyone morally being against masks. But mandates yes , I’m totally against mandates for the reasons they instituted them. The post with my injection of the masks is on purpose . Rutgers worries about too many other schools who have for decades outperformed , outclassed and put us to shame. You and several others see it as a political statement on masks …was not… There are 15-20 schools minimum who do things which upset Rutgers fans get over it or donate more money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT