ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska TE arrested

Sounds like a lot of smoke but no fire. . . .

"He was arrested at a vape shop in Lincoln, Nebraska, at 2 a.m. CT while carrying a bag containing over $1,600 worth of products from the store"

"Gilbert has had a tumultuous collegiate career since signing with LSU in 2020 as one of the top tight end prospects in modern recruiting history."

😜I was watching IMG Academy playing St.Joseph today and the # 1 DT from Oklahoma committed back home. Just a brain fart especially seeing Michigan State in his top 5 .Omaha will find him innocent.

Man things sure have changed in Lincoln. They could cover up assaults and rapes for years under Osborne. Now they can’t even get a vape shop owner and a couple cops to turn the other way.
That's what happens when you don't win.

Arik Gilbert will be back and fully vindicated by the Norman Oklahoma DA. The store owner will face prosecution for failure to provide unlimited access to a vape shop.

Nah that's a West Coast thing. Nebraska still has laws.

Man things sure have changed in Lincoln. They could cover up assaults and rapes for years under Osborne. Now they can’t even get a vape shop owner and a couple cops to turn the other way.
And you’re not even being facetious. That’s how it was. Happy Valley and all the big boys.

Nah that's a West Coast thing. Nebraska still has laws.
Really? We are talking 2023. The world is a very different place. We have instituted less severe treatment for actual criminal acts In this country perhaps no punishments at all. He deserves a season‘s suspension, loss of his scholarship and community service time. If this were a Rutgers player we would see Politi, Fonseca and others calling for Schiano’s head.

Really? We are talking 2023. The world is a very different place. We have instituted less severe treatment for actual criminal acts In this country perhaps no punishments at all. He deserves a season‘s suspension, loss of his scholarship and community service time. If this were a Rutgers player we would see Politi, Fonseca and others calling for Schiano’s head.
He’s likely done at NU. We are his 3rd school(LSU & Georgia). He has a history of mental issues. I’m betting he takes a medical and leaves football but can stay on scholarship and keep working with the doctors on the NU medical staff.

Well sure things are Clown World right now but Nebraska still ain't Cali.

Yeah that's not shoplifting that's straight up B and E. Shame he won't get jail time.

Yeah that's not shoplifting that's straight up B and E. Shame he won't get jail time.
It’s only a B&E if one sees it as such. To some we are failing to see Gilbert was attempting to free a young kitten inside the store.Shame… shame. Free Arik.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
They routinely sell out their indoor facility (which is not the basketball court) during their season. I think it's around 3500.
It holds right at 9000. The old arena held 4000 but they moved to the Devaney Center when basketball went to Pinnacle Bank Arena. They remodeled it for volleyball only with sky boxes and premium seating. Toughest ticket there is at NU.

A more positive bit of news for Nebraska

As much as we personally love volleyball both inside an arena or on the public beach let’s be real. Other than Nebraska sports and quality BBQ what else are you and the family going to do on a Labor Day weekend ? You ain’t swimming on the beach. You’re not attending a professional sporting event. You’re getting ready for a day in a college town. Sadly people in NJ , NY and the surrounding metro areas have a multitude of other options for the family To enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
As much as we personally love volleyball both inside an arena or on the public beach let’s be real. Other than Nebraska sports and quality BBQ what else are you and the family going to do on a Labor Day weekend ? You ain’t swimming on the beach. You’re not attending a professional sporting event. You’re getting ready for a day in a college town. Sadly people in NJ , NY and the surrounding metro areas have a multitude of other options for the family To enjoy.

This old, tired piece of NJ "wisdom" again.

It's surprising all those Neb folks aren't too busy for VB because they're preparing their annual trips to NJ to take advantage of those soooo many options. 😂

Reactions: huskersalways

This year, given a choice between Nebraska woman's volleyball and the Mets or Yankees, I'd go with the ladies. And I'll bet for 25% of the cost (and that's just parking).

Reactions: RUBOB72
I'm so glad you said that, because I often get irritated when hearing about St. Osborne...

This year, given a choice between Nebraska woman's volleyball and the Mets or Yankees, I'd go with the ladies. And I'll bet for 25% of the cost (and that's just parking).
I have 3 VB season tickets and a parking pass. Costs me $6k annually.

Does the Omaha World Herald run hit pieces about the expenses?
Not normally. The NU athletic department is kept completely separate from the university as far as money is concerned. It has its own budget and is self supporting. No state or university money is given to athletics. Typically the athletic department gives the academic side of the university about $10mil annually to help it.

Since no state money or university money goes to sports they don’t have much of an ability to be critical. Now there is an announcement about the football stadium coming out Oct 5th that’s gonna ruffle a lot of feathers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT