ADVERTISEMENT

Upperweight transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCreedo

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2015
So,if my extremely reliable source is correct, our upper weight transfer is going to be making his way to the Banks within the next couple weeks to visit the campus and make an impromptu visit to the staff. If all goes well, we will have a multi x All-American out of this kid. Stay tuned folks. Please don't start asking me who it is... but just let's say he's pretty close to a Suriano level. I promised my source to keep this under raps. I know it's a dick move to tempt people like this, but as I was right about Camp and Suriano, I'm right about this too. Also he is not a heavyweight guy. So when Kyonte Hamilton come in and if this kid redshirts they'll probably one of the best 1-2 punches in the country.

Last edited:
Diesel, I've been on here for over a week where you been man. Ha, not quite a shitliner, but quite possibly the best upperweight we'll see in a while for our team. You know I didn't realize how much that line shitliner was quoted amongst the wrestling community. I have a way with words that's for sure.

I can’t think of a single upperweight with two years of eligibility and a redshirt from the Midwest besides Steveson and Parris who are both heavyweights. Not to mention AA potential.

Gonna have to wait to see haha

Reactions: PatMineo22
I’m not overly excited with this possibility; I am fine with Janzer and Poz filling 184 and 197 over the next several years

Ugh man I know patience is a virtue and all but a few weeks is torture!!! Thanks for the info Creedo! I’ll be impatiently waiting

Reactions: KidDagger
The best teams in country don’t limit themselves to 1 good wrestler on the roster per weight class
Absolutely agree with this. Everybody is anointing Janzer. While I think he's having a great year, you can see the next level of competition ala Aaron Brooks are bonafide AA contenders. While Janzer is one of my favorites,he is not as dominant as the other half of the 84lbers. I'll stick with my predictions, that he will qualify for NCAA, and maybe win a round or two. Surprisingly I think he should get stronger. He's also very one-dimensional with his attacks. He's becoming predictable with his upper body stuff. What I will say, that is if he does get stronger, and add some moves to his arsenal, he will be someone to contend with.

Absolutely agree with this. Everybody is anointing Janzer. While I think he's having a great year, you can see the next level of competition ala Aaron Brooks are bonafide AA contenders. While Janzer is one of my favorites,he is not as dominant as the other half of the 84lbers. I'll stick with my predictions, that he will qualify for NCAA, and maybe win a round or two. Surprisingly I think he should get stronger. He's also very one-dimensional with his attacks. He's becoming predictable with his upper body stuff. What I will say, that is if he does get stronger, and add some moves to his arsenal, he will be someone to contend with.

Agreed, I think Janzer has an AA in his future. Just not this year.

Reactions: Leonard23
RUCreedo - a belated welcome back. While controversial with a big ego, your insights are valuable and on target. Glad your grammar and spelling have improved and more reflective of a Rutgers degree. By the way as a long term fan, what weight did you wrestle? Excited to welcome the upper weight transfer.

Agreed, I think Janzer has an AA in his future. Just not this year.
He does remind me a little bit of Nick Gravina, with respects to tenacity and aggressiveness. He also reminds me of Gravina with being very one-dimensional. If Gravina didn't hit a slide by or a Russian on you, he basically had no offense. Once his competition was aware of this, they made adjustments and Nick really had no answers. By the way, Nick Gravina was one of my favorite wrestlers ,not only as an athlete, but as a person. The kid was great. A positive role model for kids, and always wrestled hurt. If you really look back, he should never had the success that he did, based on his high school accolades. Wish we could bring them back to the Banks as a volunteer coach. But he's in great company being an assistant coach to Harry Turner at Jersey City State. That teams going to do big things.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
RUCreedo - a belated welcome back. While controversial with a big ego, your insights are valuable and on target. Glad your grammar and spelling have improved and more reflective of a Rutgers degree. By the way as a long term fan, what weight did you wrestle? Excited to welcome the upper weight transfer.
I was mid-to-upper weight. A couple people figured me out already.

Yeah I took one of those three-day Cabrini grammar writing courses just for all of you.

I'm going with Tyree Sutton. Has always been on the radar. Was at JUCO for two years, and this year at Grand View at 197.

Wrestled at Open Tourneys this year. Hasn't done much though so idk.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/51452/sutton-tyree/profile

It can't be Sutton based on the descriptions above since he is no where even close to the same stratosphere of an impact which is supposedly "pretty close to a Suriano level" transfer. He could potentially be a nice depth addition next year but he certainly wouldn't be held in such high regard.

Obviously everything has to be taken with a huge grain of salt at this time and I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
Ideally it would be someone like Noah Adams from WVU as he is having a tremendous year, a sophomore, and ranked #2 in the nation but he used his red-shirt already.

Only ranked sophomores at 197 who would make a splash:

#2 Noah Adams (WVU)
#11 Ben Darmstadt (Cornell)
#14 Jake Woodley (Oklahoma)

Last edited:
I have a pretty good idea who it is if it’s not a Midwest kid but don’t want to get anyone in trouble. I’ll just ask if he has a “connection” to an incoming RU recruit?

He does remind me a little bit of Nick Gravina, with respects to tenacity and aggressiveness. He also reminds me of Gravina with being very one-dimensional. If Gravina didn't hit a slide by or a Russian on you, he basically had no offense. Once his competition was aware of this, they made adjustments and Nick really had no answers. By the way, Nick Gravina was one of my favorite wrestlers ,not only as an athlete, but as a person. The kid was great. A positive role model for kids, and always wrestled hurt. If you really look back, he should never had the success that he did, based on his high school accolades. Wish we could bring them back to the Banks as a volunteer coach. But he's in great company being an assistant coach to Harry Turner at Jersey City State. That teams going to do big things.

Janzers got a bunch of stuff from neutral. Knee and ankle picks, I’ve seen him hit blast doubles and high crotches. He just has to improve consistency and get better picking up back points and he struggles on bottom vs the elites but that’s expected. He’s a workhorse so I think he’ll figure it out. He’s pretty well conditioned for a big guy.

First of all, this is extreme exaggeration and click bait. To claim someone is going to be a multi-X AA already and claim Hamilton will be part of this “best 1-2 punch in country” when he’s still a junior in HS and we don’t know how he will pan out at d1 level is a stretch. Lastly, I broke the Suriano news and you can ask around. But to start the day off with some click bait like this is shallow. The hype is too much, just because was a state champ doesn’t mean they are a multi-X all-American. Look how Camp turned out... I just hate to see someone hype information behind a screen name so when it doesn’t pan out they aren’t revealed. Could Rutgers be getting an upperweight transfer? Yes. Is it as big as you’re saying. NO.

The fact that you said “close to Suriano level” is absolutely making you lose tons of credibility and makes me wonder who you are and how much you really know about d1 wrestling. Lol

Ideally it would be someone like Noah Adams from WVU as he is having a tremendous year, a sophomore, and ranked #2 in the nation but he used his red-shirt already.

Only ranked sophomores at 197 who would make a splash:

#2 Noah Adams (WVU)
#11 Ben Darmstadt (Cornell)
#14 Jake Woodley (Oklahoma)

Noah Adams seemed like he made a HUGE jump from his last season (1-2 at NCAA). I know nothing about him, just going off wrestle stats.

We here transfer rumors all the time (I thought Sea Bass was coming here)
If a transfer comes and makes the team better...great.
If he doesn't....that is good as well.

I don't see a realistic transfer from 197 with Nick Suriano Potential (I hope I am wrong).

Aaron Brooks has Nick Suriano potential. Does Hunter Bolan (184 at Va Tech) have Nick potential?

When you mention Nick's name, you assume that he will be in the finals every year. Not to many wrestlers fit that bill.

As far as Janzer, I love his attitude, but so far in his career, he is not going to get you bonus points. He has 2 victories this year for bonus points (1 against a LIU wrestler). I agree with most of the posters assessment that he has potential to be an all american during his career at RU.

(Gravina was one of my favorite wrestlers and I expect Janzer will be by season 4 of his career)

The fact that you said “close to Suriano level” is absolutely making you lose tons of credibility and makes me wonder who you are and how much you really know about d1 wrestling. Lol
You didn't break anything about Camp.I said this over 4 years...and anyone in the "know',including myself knew what was happening with Suriano. You think you got some sort of "in" with Sanderson and Goody that they called Pat Mineo,who has absolutely no connection to the RU Wrestling community? Please..come on man.As for my backround,I was indeed an RU Wrestler for 4 years and made a pretty decent impact in the lean Sacchi years.

First of all, this is extreme exaggeration and click bait. To claim someone is going to be a multi-X AA already and claim Hamilton will be part of this “best 1-2 punch in country” when he’s still a junior in HS and we don’t know how he will pan out at d1 level is a stretch. Lastly, I broke the Suriano news and you can ask around. But to start the day off with some click bait like this is shallow. The hype is too much, just because was a state champ doesn’t mean they are a multi-X all-American. Look how Camp turned out... I just hate to see someone hype information behind a screen name so when it doesn’t pan out they aren’t revealed. Could Rutgers be getting an upperweight transfer? Yes. Is it as big as you’re saying. NO.
You don't know anything except second hand local NJ wrestling news.Before you spewed your "Suriano is transferring" speculation was going around months before you had even any idea.My upper weight transfer is legit.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I have no connection? I talk to Goody personally every week. I’m not the one on here making absurd assumptions for click-bait. The fact that you don’t reveal your name or the actual name of this “Suriano level transfer” tells everyone enough.. It’s hype train stuff. Why exaggerate? I’ll let you ask around about me first. Then I’ll accept your apology. Thanks chief!

And lastly, you are all over the place with this post. I hope your big “multiple time AA Suriano level transfer who reminds you of gravina” lives up to the bill...

You don't know anything except second hand local NJ wrestling news.Before you spewed your "Suriano is transferring" speculation was going around months before you had even any idea.My upper weight transfer is legit.

2nd Hand local nj wrestling news? I report on the entire country, high school and NCAA. Once again, ask around. I don’t even live in NJ anymore and based on your insane assessment of the transfer- clearly have more insight than you. Drop the name to these people or don’t even post it. This is meant to hype...

Last edited:
I have no connection? I talk to Goody personally every week. I’m not the one on here making absurd assumptions for click-bait. The fact that you don’t reveal your name or the actual name of this “Suriano level transfer” tells everyone enough.. It’s hype train stuff. Why exaggerate? I’ll let you ask around about me first. Then I’ll accept your apology. Thanks chief!

And lastly, you are all over the place with this post. I hope your big “multiple time AA Suriano level transfer who reminds you of gravina” lives up to the bill...
So do alot of people talk to Goody. What's your point? You think he is going to offer any "insider info" to you? Of course he'll talk to you.You report info about wrestling as off beat reporter.Apologize to you for what? That you get second to third hand info and then go report it on wrestling forums.By the way,I've met some people on here before and the ones that I have respect my anonymity.Let's just say my wrestling record and accolades outshine yours any day of the week.So Pat,there is a Unicorn in a singlet,go "break the news" on its transfer.

The best teams in country don’t limit themselves to 1 good wrestler on the roster per weight class

of course, who wouldn’t want to have two studs at each weight, but with only 9.9 you have to be careful where you are doubling up with the money.

Hiding behind a screen name means you’re not credible. So when this is all so underwhelming you can remain anonymous. Lol the great anonymous RUCREEDO hyping up transfers and calling them Nick Suriano level. If you hadn’t said that, I may have taken it a little easier on you. Congrats on your accomplishments and sorry that you’re not man enough to back your claims with your real name lol

So do alot of people talk to Goody. What's your point? You think he is going to offer any "insider info" to you? Of course he'll talk to you.You report info about wrestling as off beat reporter.Apologize to you for what? That you get second to third hand info and then go report it on wrestling forums.By the way,I've met some people on here before and the ones that I have respect my anonymity.Let's just say my wrestling record and accolades outshine yours any day of the week.So Pat,there is a Unicorn in a singlet,go "break the news" on its transfer.

He has given plenty of inside info to me because I do a lot of good for the program. I’m not “Batman”. I support the program as myself, not anonymously.

Hiding behind a screen name means you’re not credible. So when this is all so underwhelming you can remain anonymous. Lol the great anonymous RUCREEDO hyping up transfers and calling them Nick Suriano level. If you hadn’t said that, I may have taken it a little easier on you. Congrats on your accomplishments and sorry that you’re not man enough to back your claims with your real name lol
More than half the guys on here are anonymous.Some are former wrestlers,some are current wrestlers,some administration,and fans.Has nothing to do with hiding.It's an open forum for people to post,with out controversy.As far as crediblity,you ain't some respected figure in the wrestling community,that's for sure.Second hand info Pat Mineo. Hey! that rhymes.Also,when I said "close to Suriano",I meant accolades and wrestling ability,not friendship.Learn how to read " Mr.Twitter wrestling guy"

He has given plenty of inside info to me because I do a lot of good for the program. I’m not “Batman”. I support the program as myself, not anonymously.

Everyone stop feeding this troll, just talked to Goody and he has no idea what this guy is talking about and said a ton of people have asked him because of this ridiculous post . So much for “well connected within the Rutgers wrestling community”.. the source must be misinformed on the gravity of the transfer considering the Coach isn’t even aware of it yet.

Everyone stop feeding this troll, just talked to Goody and he has no idea what this guy is talking about and said a ton of people have asked him because of this ridiculous post . So much for “well connected within the Rutgers wrestling community”.. the source must be misinformed on the gravity of the transfer considering the Coach isn’t even aware of it yet.
Of course he doesn't know about.That was my whole post.Just like when I said Cooperman was leaving and everyone was up in arms and pointing fingers saying "he's here forever" and "you don't know what you are talking about".. two weeks later he was gone.People like you said the same thing about Camp..he showed up.People said the same thing about my shitliner...he showed up.So,when our future AA' upper weight shows up,then you can apologize to me.So..let's wait and see.

So a transfer to the magnitude of an ncaa champion and multiple-time AA is transferring and the coach has no idea what you’re talking about? Sound super legit bro!

It’s probably someone you know and you’re overhyping them to the core: you will never live it down. Can’t wait to see who the Suriano level transfer who’s doing visits in the next coming weeks unbeknownst to the head coach is! Sounds like you are in deep man. Way to go! And camp? It was clear he was regressing when he came... So no, he wasn’t Suriano level either as far as NCAA scene. Anything else for us today? Your big spiel was super over-hyped and you’re gonna have to own it soon. Lol

Basically what I take from this is someone who’s not relevant at the moment is going to visit Rutgers campus and try to meet with the coaches without any interest from them, anything officially scheduled or any prior notice... And you’re saying he’s National Champ caliber. Are we living in the twilight zone?

Who’s your friend? Hahahaha

So a transfer to the magnitude of an ncaa champion and multiple-time AA is transferring and the coach has no idea what you’re talking about? Sound super legit bro!

It’s probably someone you know and you’re overhyping them to the core: you will never live it down. Can’t wait to see who the Suriano level transfer who’s doing visits in the next coming weeks unbeknownst to the head coach is! Sounds like you are in deep man. Way to go! And camp? It was clear he was regressing when he came... So no, he wasn’t Suriano level either as far as NCAA scene. Anything else for us today? Your big spiel was super over-hyped and you’re gonna have to own it soon. Lol
You really are a dumb-bell. Seriously.How Goody trusts you to relay info is beyond me.I never said Camp was Suriano level.He wasn't regressing at Ohio State.He took 4th at Big 10's and was a huge get for Rutgers at the time.He regressed later into the Rutgers season.Goody doesn't know about the transfer,because this kid is still wrestling and risks eligibility and his career.So when I said impromptu,it meant he is going to surprise the crap out of the staff..period..end of story.

Could Rutgers be getting an upperweight transfer? Yes. Is it as big as you’re saying. NO.
Pat all I want to know is the potential upper weight transfer more talented than what we have currently or coming in? If so then let's hope he comes. Need to be always improving the talent otherwise something needs to change.

Pat all I want to know is the potential upper weight transfer more talented than what we have currently or coming in? If so then let's hope he comes. Need to be always improving the talent otherwise something needs to change.[/QUI think we have some very talented upper weight guys...but this kid is special..no joke.

Reactions: koleszar
Pat all I want to know is the potential upper weight transfer more talented than what we have currently or coming in? If so then let's hope he comes. Need to be always improving the talent otherwise something needs to change.

I agree with you there! This is a clickbait , hype post and I knew it within seconds. Which is why I even logged on here. The whole post was sketchy and exaggerated. Coach Goodale isn’t aware of any transfer coming in for a visit or on their radar which leads me to believe this is underwhelming at best. I hope I’m wrong but I trust the coaching staff over the “anonymous one”. I hope a good transfer comes in. Is a nick Suriano level transfer coming in out of thin air? No. Not a chance.

I agree with you there! This is a clickbait , hype post and I knew it within seconds. Which is why I even logged on here. The whole post was sketchy and exaggerated. Coach Goodale isn’t aware of any transfer coming in for a visit or on their radar which leads me to believe this is underwhelming at best. I hope I’m wrong but I trust the coaching staff over the “anonymous one”. I hope a good transfer comes in. Is a nick Suriano level transfer coming in out of thin air? No. Not a chance.
You don't know anything other than Twitter,and second knowledge.You can't even comment about this,because only myself,my contact, the kid and the kids parent know.Just stop already! You are the troll.Goody is doing himself and the staff a diservice having you report anything and everything about Rutgers Wrestling.More insulting is that you've never ever,ever,ever stepped out on the wrestling mat as D1 Wrestler,let alone a former RU Wrestler like myself.So just shut up already ya media hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT