ADVERTISEMENT

US Open thread

I hope Peterson goes 57kg/125 this upcoming year, I think he’s looked his best at that weight.

The guy he lost to is very good especially at freestyle as he beat Nic Bouzakis at Fargo this year. ASU commit and one of the top recruits in the country.

Looks like Ashnault forfeited out of the tournament. Hope he’s okay.

Not a good day for the good guys. None of our current roster guys advanced and some lost to high school kids. Ashnauit didn’t look good. He beat a college kid from Indiana and lost to a college kid from Penn. Hope he is not hurt as he forfeited his consolation match. He still has a chance to make the World Team. Soldano looked the best and will be our only guy to place. He will finish between 3rd and 6th. Hopefully, we learn and continue to get better in the summer.

Looks like Ashnault forfeited out of the tournament. Hope he’s okay.
I watched his matches over again and his reaction time and explosion were not there allowing guys deep into his legs way to easy. He’s a superior wrestler to Rooks and he squeaked that one out. Regardless how his senior career ends he’s got a hell of a future in this coaching gig. Ashnault has nothing to be ashamed off. Like you I hope he’s healthy. As a guy whose torn his knees, I still cringe thinking of James Green lacing him up.

On a side note, the Penn RTC continues to impress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT