ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas NIL Tournament - Where to stay?

aplus29

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2003
Randolph
Thinking about bringing the family to the Vegas NIL tournament...where are people staying? would be looking for a one bedroom suite type set up.

Same. I thought it would be fun to be in same hotel as the game, MGM for instance if that's where the games are. Also, waiting for the game times to be released to get flights. turkey buffet for Thanksgiving !!

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Last time I was in Vegas they put me on the 13th floor (14th on the elevator) of the Flamingo. The room was cleanish but very worn. Sweat of desperation discoloring the mattress. Drawers that don't open. Things missing a handle or broken. Clearly somebody sometime tried to force open the room safe and the mini bar. Weed smell was dimensional. Prostitutes greeting you coming or going at any hour. It was built in 1946 and is the oldest on the strip. I think it captures the decrepit nature of the town around it. As long as you've had a tetanus shot, I give it 3 stars. It's not suppose to be Branson.

Last edited:
Last time I was in Vegas they put me on the 13th floor (14th on the elevator) of the Flamingo. The room was cleanish but very worn. Sweat of desperation discoloring the mattress. Drawers that don't open. Things missing a handle or broken. Clearly somebody sometime tried to force open the room safe and the mini bar. Weed smell was dimensional. Prostitutes greeting you coming or going at any hour. It was built in 1946 and is the oldest on the strip. I think it captures the decrepit nature of the town around it. As long as you've had a tetanus shot, I give it 3 stars. It's not suppose to be Branson.
First time I ever hit Vegas, we stayed at the Flamingo, it's a classic. Some of the damage may be mine, nobody handles Vegas well the first time in their 20's!

Reactions: Good-Knight
Any one of the MGM hotels, south strip, by the arenas are the best bet. Rates cheap, as it’s during the week. Luxor super cheap, is where I will be. New York New York, I’ve stayed at a lot, also a good choice. These 2 are probably the best if you want value & good proximity to all 3 arenas.. nicer hotels like Bellagio or Aria are also good choices to get to arenas, as the free tram between Aria & Bellagio runs constantly.
My question is the Friday game time.. When I booked my outbound, I decided to hold off a few days to book return red eye. I thought there was a 12:30 AM (actually Saturday), but when I checked later, it was not listed. So I am on the 11 PM..
Did they get rid of that flight, or is it fully booked? If there is that flight, anybody here on that?

Reactions: Scangg
Any one of the MGM hotels, south strip, by the arenas are the best bet. Rates cheap, as it’s during the week. Luxor super cheap, is where I will be. New York New York, I’ve stayed at a lot, also a good choice. These 2 are probably the best if you want value & good proximity to all 3 arenas.. nicer hotels like Bellagio or Aria are also good choices to get to arenas, as the free tram between Aria & Bellagio runs constantly.
My question is the Friday game time.. When I booked my outbound, I decided to hold off a few days to book return red eye. I thought there was a 12:30 AM (actually Saturday), but when I checked later, it was not listed. So I am on the 11 PM..
Did they get rid of that flight, or is it fully booked? If there is that flight, anybody here on that?
Thanks, this is very helpful

When is the first and last game of the tournament?

Las Vegas

Highest end (in no particular order)
Venetian/Palazzo
Cesears Palace
Wynn Las vegas
The Cosmopolitan
Aria
The Bellagio

Good ….midlevel
Mandalay Bay (not what it once was
But still good …Delano is a step up )
MGM Grand
New York New York
Bally /Bally Paris
Planet holleywood

Down the Liat
Luxor
Excalibur
Rio
Stratosphere

I haven’t been the fountainbleu Las Vegas or the redone Park MGM (formerly Monte Carlo)…and the mirage is being redone

Reactions: Scangg
I am currently writing this from my room at the Marriott Courtyard in Henderson which is about a 15 minute ride to the strip. It is a typical Courtyard you see anywhere in the country. Pro - no resort fees you pay for hotels on the strip and it is quieter out here with still a lot of restaurants etc. Con - you are not on the strip with all the action and interesting street viewing later in the evenings/nights.

Las Vegas

Highest end (in no particular order)
Venetian/Palazzo
Cesears Palace
Wynn Las vegas
The Cosmopolitan
Aria
The Bellagio

Good ….midlevel
Mandalay Bay (not what it once was
But still good …Delano is a step up )
MGM Grand
New York New York
Bally /Bally Paris
Planet holleywood

Down the Liat
Luxor
Excalibur
Rio
Stratosphere

I haven’t been the fountainbleu Las Vegas or the redone Park MGM (formerly Monte Carlo)…and the mirage is being redone
Caesars has gone way downhill

Hotel choice can depend on a lot of factors -
When going with a girl, would stay at Bellagio, Aria, etc..
Solo trips, NYNY or Luxor are usually my choice, depending on season or if there for events
Luxor was great for Raider game last year, NYNY for T-Mobile, etc..
For this trip, even though Luxor is on the “ economy tier”, I thought besides the rates, it is an ideal location for all 3 events..
As for some pre/post game eats - Chin/Chin NYNY for T-Mobile , Buca de Bepo (Excalibur) for stuff at MGM or Mandalay.. Emirils at MGM good for MGM events

Reactions: RU_DIO and Scangg
If you regularly go to Vegas you learn where not to stay and if cleanliness, mold, the possibility that water drains and air conditioning won't work matter you don't stay at certain hotels. I will stay at Resorts, the Wynn/Encore, Belaggio, the Venetian/Palazzo ( though they are getting old), Aria, Cosmopolitan and recently the Fontaine Bleu.If you love loud music, downtown and great sports book arenas, Circa. As for the Luxor, Excalibur, Flamingo. etc -- no way. And if you have a car Green Valley Ranch, Red Rock and especially the M hotel are really nice places.

Reactions: Ready to Rumble
IF anyone is coming in on Sunday or Monday hitting up Stadium Swim or their regular sports book is always good times for the games!

"Sweat of desperation discoloring the mattress." That has to be one of the greatest lines ever written on this board.

Reactions: Westcoast
Hotel choice can depend on a lot of factors -
When going with a girl, would stay at Bellagio, Aria, etc..
Solo trips, NYNY or Luxor are usually my choice, depending on season or if there for events
Luxor was great for Raider game last year, NYNY for T-Mobile, etc..
For this trip, even though Luxor is on the “ economy tier”, I thought besides the rates, it is an ideal location for all 3 events..
As for some pre/post game eats - Chin/Chin NYNY for T-Mobile , Buca de Bepo (Excalibur) for stuff at MGM or Mandalay.. Emirils at MGM good for MGM events
I was just in Vegas for Phish. You lost me in the eats. Emeril is a HACK and buck de bepo cmon

Lotus of Siam
Din Tai Fung
Miznon
Yardbird
Tacos El Gordo
Secret Pizza

Chin Chin Tangerine beef is great!!
Yes, Din Tai Fung excellent. Have been to 2 locations in Seattle
( have only been to Emirils once, before RU/Creighton game at MGM in 2015, was Ok, mentioned mainly for location ) ..Buca de Bepo I like, especially lunch specials
Will note ones you mentioned, maybe give some a try..

The Luxor is fine. I have stayed there over a dozen times. Never had a problem w cleanliness or molds..I Like being in the Pyramid. Rooms & showers are big, foyer shelf at room entry to drop stuff. Usually prefer East facing rooms, can watch Sunrise, cool seeing planes takeoff into sun.
I will be watching LOTS of basketball, & visiting friends I used to work with who live there now. Will be great value w great location for hoops. (Agree about Excalibur though. A step down, and easy to get lost. Decent Buffet though. Could be the call for Thanksgiving..)
Not a fan of Resorts World. Got a free night w Hilton, so used it to stay on a Saturday night. Besides being in the middle of nowhere, rooms are tiny, high rates (if had to pay), rude staff, limited on site eats, (although there is an AYCE sushi across the street).
NYNY is also another solid option.. Many levels of room choices. Good location for hoops, which is what this trip is about..

Hope to see some games with the other 4 teams as well.. I also think Duke/Kansas will be playing in town too?..
Curious to see if they mix the venues, even if they don’t mix the brackets. Maybe San Diego St/Oregon & Rutgers/Alabama in a doubleheader at TMobile, for example..

The Luxor is fine. I have stayed there over a dozen times. Never had a problem w cleanliness or molds..I Like being in the Pyramid. Rooms & showers are big, foyer shelf at room entry to drop stuff. Usually prefer East facing rooms, can watch Sunrise, cool seeing planes takeoff into sun.
I will be watching LOTS of basketball, & visiting friends I used to work with who live there now. Will be great value w great location for hoops. (Agree about Excalibur though. A step down, and easy to get lost. Decent Buffet though. Could be the call for Thanksgiving..)
Not a fan of Resorts World. Got a free night w Hilton, so used it to stay on a Saturday night. Besides being in the middle of nowhere, rooms are tiny, high rates (if had to pay), rude staff, limited on site eats, (although there is an AYCE sushi across the street).
NYNY is also another solid option.. Many levels of room choices. Good location for hoops, which is what this trip is about..
If you want to spend the free night at Resort World, Crockfords is the pick.

Resorts World is still in the middle of nowhere ..
it sure if Crockfords was one of the free options just used the free night on the Saturday night before Sunday Raiders game, then stayed 3 nights at Luxor after
For those who want a nicer stay, Bellagio is still the Call..
& for basketball could be convenient with the free tram running right from Bellagio to Park MGM by T Mobile ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT