ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Event TV

that will be the wave of the future as more of these games show up on streaming services and players get more money. I have already talked about how I abhor the thought of NIL and eventually will not be interested in watching the college game with paid players jumping to their next paycheck. We shall see how it goes but I less enthused about college basketball right now than I would normally be given the talent we have on our team.

Great news!!

Also - thanks for letting us all know that when you seem enthused about a win in recaps of the games you actually watch, we'll know its all bullshit.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
Making the decision to not pay to watch your favorite team via streaming is the perfect example of the axiom "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

Very good axiom.
I like to also go with "penny wise, pound foolish" as well.

Someone likes Rutgers Athletics enough to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for PARKING.
For the opportunity of parking on a grass field.

But doesn't like Rutgers Athletics enough to spend under $100 for a couple months of a streaming platform to watch some Rutgers games.

I'd love to see the cost breakdown to watch Rutgers and what people are willing to pay.
Home game in person: Willing to spend hundreds/thousands attend and watch each game
Home/Away game on cable - I'll spend nearly $100 to watch (breaking down a cable bill across 3-4 games)
Away game on streaming - I won't even spend $20 to watch a couple games.

that will be the wave of the future as more of these games show up on streaming services and players get more money. I have already talked about how I abhor the thought of NIL and eventually will not be interested in watching the college game with paid players jumping to their next paycheck. We shall see how it goes but I less enthused about college basketball right now than I would normally be given the talent we have on our team.

Games started on streaming services so that Conferences/Schools could get more money.
Had nothing to do with players.

In addition to making fans play hundreds to thousands of dollars for tickets and parking and existing viewing options - they wanted to get more money.
So they turned to streaming options to get more money.

Can't cheer for the Big Ten Media contract while complaining about paying more to view games.

I haven’t found the viewing quality to be as good on Peacock or the other streaming services. Thats my issue with it. I know others didn’t experience any problems so perhaps it’s just my connection. Regardless - I still do prefer the mainstream traditional viewing because of this.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
im not paying for these streaming services....have Netflix but wont pay for any others...so it will be radio for me if elsewhere
If you actually worked more maybe you can afford things. Will you still spend hours of your life with yet another recap of a game you did not watch?

Games started on streaming services so that Conferences/Schools could get more money.
Had nothing to do with players.

In addition to making fans play hundreds to thousands of dollars for tickets and parking and existing viewing options - they wanted to get more money.
So they turned to streaming options to get more money.

Can't cheer for the Big Ten Media contract while complaining about paying more to view games.

where did i cheer for big 10 media contract

Very good axiom.
I like to also go with "penny wise, pound foolish" as well.

Someone likes Rutgers Athletics enough to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for PARKING.
For the opportunity of parking on a grass field.

But doesn't like Rutgers Athletics enough to spend under $100 for a couple months of a streaming platform to watch some Rutgers games.

I'd love to see the cost breakdown to watch Rutgers and what people are willing to pay.
Home game in person: Willing to spend hundreds/thousands attend and watch each game
Home/Away game on cable - I'll spend nearly $100 to watch (breaking down a cable bill across 3-4 games)
Away game on streaming - I won't even spend $20 to watch a couple games.

Telling people how to spend their money and where they draw the line..so great...im sure your life is perfect. Do you buy the kobe beef or do you serve your family regular ground beef

Do you buy your kids $200 Nikes or the $100 ones

Telling people how to spend their money and where they draw the line..so great...im sure your life is perfect. Do you buy the kobe beef or do you serve your family regular ground beef

Priorities in life you choose to watch tv and post all day on the internet. When you choose that life and not a life of hard work and earning money you will have money issues.

Wow! NIL is wonderful, especially at RU. So much so, posters have turned on some of the most valued and loyal posters/thread contributors, who dare have opinions that question the value of NIL and its negative effects on college sports. Yikes!

Bac’s recaps and NCAA projections are thorough, fair and usually spot on, unlike your post which is total 🐃 💩.

Cool, so the support he gets is from a shitU fan coming over here and butting in on a thread that has nothing to do with shitU. When you find a life besides trolling on other team fan boards let us know.....Lulz.

Really stupid comparison. If you are an obsessive beef lover, you likely buy and consume the best you can. If you are an obsessive sneaker lover who spends all day analyzing and posting on a Nike board, you likely buy the most expensive Nike's you can. If you are a professed lifetime Rutgers basketball lover who has hundreds of thousands of posts on a Rutgers fan board, you do everything you can to see every game. Conclusion can only be that you are a fraud fan if you are overtly passing on watching Rutgers games - especially in a high profile tourney, and with 2 of the Top 3 recruits coming in.

Isn't measurement of anonymous board posting contributions subjective? For instance if someone does not prefer his massively voluminous posting content they might feel he is ruining the board.
I don't agree with a lot of bac says but who cares that he's not an RU grad? Plenty of current fans didn't go to RU.

Owning season tickets doesn't make one more worthy as a fan over another. Those are personal choices.

So 365's comment was more a personal attack than a valid statement.

Reactions: bac2therac
Isn't measurement of anonymous board posting contributions subjective? For instance if someone does not prefer his massively voluminous posting content they might feel he is ruining the board.
Some have no lives outside of this board and those two posters seem to be very proud of that. Sun up to Sun down 7 days a week. His cats must run for the hills every chance they get.

• Wow
Reactions: RUtix4me
I don't agree with a lot of bac says but who cares that he's not an RU grad? Plenty of current fans didn't go to RU.

Owning season tickets doesn't make one more worthy as a fan over another. Those are personal choices.

lol...the shitbag poster is lying anyhow....rutgers college class of 93, season ticket holder for 30 years in both hoops and football and well in the top level of priority points so.....the mods keep banning rthis shitbag poster but he keeps popping up

Not a personal attack at all just facts. Complains about the price of everything under the sun but never works because he is here posting all day. When he does work he pushes a lawnmower. How is that an attack that’s the truth. I’m simply stating he has spent the vast amount of his adult life on a message board of a school he never attended. Is a single man who owns cats who spreads hate on the protected board.

Really stupid comparison. If you are an obsessive beef lover, you likely buy and consume the best you can. If you are an obsessive sneaker lover who spends all day analyzing and posting on a Nike board, you likely buy the most expensive Nike's you can. If you are a professed lifetime Rutgers basketball lover who has hundreds of thousands of posts on a Rutgers fan board, you do everything you can to see every game. Conclusion can only be that you are a fraud fan if you are overtly passing on watching Rutgers games - especially in a high profile tourney, and with 2 of the Top 3 recruits coming in.
yawn, there is a reason you have been on ignore

so i voice my opinion and then several posters make it personal, your shitbag status is certainly noted

Reactions: PJVegas
lol...the shitbag poster is lying anyhow....rutgers college class of 93, season ticket holder for 30 years in both hoops and football and well in the top level of priority points so.....the mods keep banning rthis shitbag poster but he keeps popping up
Rutgers college LOL and you do what for a living with that Rutgers college degree?top level of priority points and you don’t own a parking pass for basketball and 30 years gets you seats in the 200’s. Hmmmmm. You’re a liar.

• Haha
Cool, so the support he gets is from a shitU fan coming over here and butting in on a thread that has nothing to do with shitU. When you find a life besides trolling on other team fan boards let us know.....Lulz.
Your poster name is amazing - it describes you perfectly: Insane.

Rutgers college LOL and you do what for a living with that Rutgers college degree?top level of priority points and you don’t own a parking pass for basketball and 30 years gets you seats in the 200’s. Hmmmmm. You’re a liar.
You are literally a toxic a-hole with every post I've seen between the Round Table and free boards, says a lot about you. You're attacks make you look petty, small and pathetic.

I can introduce you to millionaires that complain more about prices than bac does. That's how they got rich...lol.

Reactions: PJVegas
You are literally a toxic a-hole with every post I've seen between the Round Table and free boards, says a lot about you. You're attacks make you look petty, small and pathetic.

I can introduce you to millionaires that complain more about prices than bac does. That's how they got rich...lol.
You guys on the protected board stick together says a ton.

Reactions: AberdeenRU
yawn, there is a reason you have been on ignore

so i voice my opinion and then several posters make it personal, your shitbag status is certainly noted

Lol.....a soft snowflake that has to put people who disagree with you on ignore. Are your feeling emotionally bruised? Enjoy the loneliness of your bubble and your legacy of hundreds of thousands of anonymous posts on a college focused sports forum you claim to have no interest in.

Ignore. LoL . Very good data point to know. I find it particularly too funny when posters respond to other poster by announcing they have then on ignore. I actually feel bad for you in the hopes that one day that even a self centered narcissistic meathead like you will find a clue and do something with his life that makes a positive impact on others.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
Lol.....a soft snowflake that has to put people who disagree with you on ignore. Are your feeling emotionally bruised? Enjoy the loneliness of your bubble and your legacy of hundreds of thousands of anonymous posts on a college focused sports forum you claim to have no interest in.

Ignore. LoL . Very good data point to know. I find it particularly too funny when posters respond to other poster by announcing they have then on ignore. I actually feel bad for you in the hopes that one day that even a self centered narcissistic meathead like you will find a clue and do something with his life that makes a positive impact on others.
You truly need professional help. Please get it asap.

This is the dumbest thread ever. A collection of random insults about someone’s personal life? Talk about ban worthy. It’s an anonymous forum so at least anyone with half a brain knows it’s made up. Wow

Back on topic - dinosaur positions on streaming are good for Rutgers. We want geography to matter, remember? Hopefully the collectives will bunch together and offer a bunch of large scale viewing options for events like this. Not all party environment, but a variety that will draw a big turn out. We want stream viewer counts to continue to trail cable viewer counts for as long as possible. At least, any true RU fan should understand that geography mattering is a positive for us.

BTN+ just changed their subscription format. Raised the price 10% and now you get every school. I am dropping that as it it is only one two games a year of ooc. Games that are meaningless.

Wow! NIL is wonderful, especially at RU. So much so, posters have turned on some of the most valued and loyal posters/thread contributors, who dare have opinions that question the value of NIL and its negative effects on college sports. Yikes!
Another statement from a Seton Hall fan that hates RU. You're a troll who constantly and literally shows your hate of RU on the SHU board. Jealousy is a bitch-- get over it.

Making the decision to not pay to watch your favorite team via streaming is the perfect example of the axiom "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face."

But don’t forget to cancel. Added Fubo for one game…ended up costing me 400 bucks.

If you have Amazon prime for deliveries, you already have it... for those who might not realize that

If you don't, I'm sure you know someone who does and they probably would share their login

There are also many ways to watch for free

I couldn't fathom choosing listening to the game instead of watching. Mind blowing anyone who cares enough to spend time on a Rutgers message board would intentionally choose the radio... or not watch or listen
Well, tbh some radio announcers are better than what we get and if you can sync radio with tv (not easy) then you get the best of both…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT