ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Devco reimagines New Brunswick with ambitious projects (Includes Rutgers)

Truly inspiring and amazing what DEVCO has done and somehow is able to continue doing. It’s no easy feat to get the approval, funding , agreed plans, and everything that goes into just one of these projects .. and they seem to be doing 3 every 5 years.

Reactions: rutgers0423
DEVCO continues to change New Brunswick for the better. The city continues to be more and more attractive every year.

Truly inspiring and amazing what DEVCO has done and somehow is able to continue doing. It’s no easy feat to get the approval, funding , agreed plans, and everything that goes into just one of these projects .. and they seem to be doing 3 every 5 years.
As Cofifa says in the video, if you're not moving forward with new development, the city doesn't stay stagnant, it starts to fall backwards.

It's a shame Devco wasn't more involved with Rutgers Athletics facilities in the 1990s forward. Maybe we wouldn't have Patriot League facilities as we do now.

As Cofifa says in the video, if you're not moving forward with new development, the city doesn't stay stagnant, it starts to fall backwards.

It's a shame Devco wasn't more involved with Rutgers Athletics facilities in the 1990s forward. Maybe we wouldn't have Patriot League facilities as we do now.
Speaking of Patriots...

aerial-view-of-somerset-patriots-stadium-located-in-bridegewater-new-AD2ENF.jpg

We might have had this (or something similar) if we played our cards right.

Speaking of Patriots...

aerial-view-of-somerset-patriots-stadium-located-in-bridegewater-new-AD2ENF.jpg

We might have had this (or something similar) if we played our cards right.
Too late now, but are you suggesting we could've worked out a joint facility with a minor league team? Part of the problem IMHO is Piscataway Twp which is just so traffic-averse.

Too late now, but are you suggesting we could've worked out a joint facility with a minor league team? Part of the problem IMHO is Piscataway Twp which is just so traffic-averse.
Yes. But as I said, maybe something similar and not as “bells and whistlely” as the Patriots place but better than we have now.

And you are 100% with regard to Piscataway. Heard that from somebody inside Rutgers...lots of suggestions shot down with some of the reasons being, “because we said so” or something to that effect.

Thankfully we have folks like Chris who have the vision and drive necessary to take action in NJ!!!

I loved RU when I was there but take great pleasure in seeing progress every time I go back.(which is fairly often)

Reactions: rutgers0423
And you are 100% with regard to Piscataway. Heard that from somebody inside Rutgers...lots of suggestions shot down with some of the reasons being, “because we said so” or something to that effect.
Gotta love it. Can't imagine cities like West Lafayette or Evanston or Madison or Ann Arbor blocking the development of their U like that.

Gotta love it. Can't imagine cities like West Lafayette or Evanston or Madison or Ann Arbor blocking the development of their U like that.
For example...some of the suggestions (for Football Game Day traffic) I've heard were really good ones...where they help Rutgers AND Piscataway but the response was "nah, we're good." LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT