ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Game - December 17

I think the ticket office needs to have more ticket discounts to start getting the place full. Have more theme nights where kids are free and adult tickets are 10 bucks. There probably should always be a 10 or 15 dollar ticket level. Maybe a $5 ticket price for HS students. Fill the place up!

I would think that 22 bucks + food prices is more than a bit too steep for many to consistently support the program, even though they may want to. It's high enough to probably make some just completely rule out attending the games at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bon1674
I just don't see the support there. I hope I'm wrong.
Below is a post from a few weeks ago. Don't know what anybody else on here thinks about it cause there was nothing but crickets in replies.
I think the ticket office needs to have more ticket discounts to start getting the place full. Have more theme nights where kids are free and adult tickets are 10 bucks. There probably should always be a 10 or 15 dollar ticket level. Maybe a $5 ticket price for HS students. Fill the place up!

I would think that 22 bucks + food prices is more than a bit too steep for many to consistently support the program, even though they may want to. It's high enough to probably make some just completely rule out attending the games at all.
I think this is a big part of the support problem along with a lackluster marketing campaign. Outside of Iowa, our ticket price is so much higher than 99% of the other programs across the country (Including the best teams). I looked it up....other places have $8 and $10 dollar ticket prices along with even cheaper kid prices, etc., while ours is $22. Take a moment and look at the ticket prices for some of the other programs. I know NJ is an expensive state, but in this case, it's self-defeating, IMO.

Doesn't make any sense, when you know the program is in a rebuilding stage and interest has waned for some time now.

Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. 10-15 years ago, I remember the WNBA out on the street in front of arenas giving away tickets to playoff games. The interest has gradually grown from such aggressive measures to where it is today with filed up arenas. They put in the work(marketing) to get it there.

Reactions: Bon1674
The football coach contract and extension cash has to be recovered….

$30 hoops game day parking this year, $50 next year and $10 hot dogs will be the lowest priced food.

The football coach contract and extension cash has to be recovered….

$30 hoops game day parking this year, $50 next year and $10 hot dogs will be the lowest priced food.
Maybe you can do that for the men's games with Dylan Harper and Co coming.

If you charge that for the women, you may have a hundred paying fans in attendance. My post is just referring to WBB ticket pricing.

Oh, they’ll squeeze every penny from the wbb crowd too, to help pay for football ….

Oh, they’ll squeeze every penny from the wbb crowd too, to help pay for football ….
What does women's Bball spend and what does women's basketball bring in?
Do we lose more on that sport than any other?

What does a $22 ticket actually cost?
Answer = $22 plus $2 fee

Last edited:
What does women's Bball spend and what does women's basketball bring in?
Do we lose more on that sport than any other?

What does a $22 ticket actually cost?
Answer = $22 plus $2 fee
We probably lose more on sports that don’t charge any admission. We definitely get less revenue from them.

We probably lose more on sports that don’t charge any admission. We definitely get less revenue from them.
Most schools lose money on every sport. The thing is, Women's Basketball Coaches are often (absent having a "great" coach in a non-revenue sport, who competes for National Championships every year) the 3rd highest paid coach. And the staffs are larger than any of the non-revenue sports. And every player has a scholarship, which is not true in most sports. And they often travel better. And surely have larger recruiting budgets.

So I'm not 100% sure it is cut and dried. I'd love to see the numbers, but the books are "cooked" at almost every school in some fashion, if nothing else in the way overhead is distributed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT