***War Room No. 11: Will the commits keep coming?***

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Recruiting Tidbits:
WR Mohamed Toure (Irvington - NJ):
Like a couple of other Rutgers targets, Toure is taking his time with the recruiting process and looking at every school before making any type of decision. One school that is pursuing Toure heavily at the moment is Toledo, who has arguably been showing Toure the most love right now. He will visit Rutgers some time later today.

DE Richard Benton (B.E.S.T. Academy - FL): TKR has learned that Benton is working on scheduling official visits to Rutgers & Kent State. He has been hearing a lot from the Scarlet Knights and the visit would most likely occur some time in summer if it were to happen. We will have more on Benton soon.

DT Jared Hunte (Christ The King - NY): Hunte was on campus this past Wednesday night and TKR has learned the trip went really well. One source close to Hunte even went on to say that the trip was “wonderful”. While Rutgers still has some real work to do here it was good to get him back on campus. Next up for Hunte is a visit to Ohio State tonight for their annual Friday Night Lights camp. Hunte won’t make a decision until fall.

LB Mohammad Kamara (Newark Central - NJ): At the moment Kamara, is still in wait and see mode as he has no decision timeline in place and is currently working on taking some visits very soon. Temple is one school to keep an eye on here as they are continuing to pursue Kamara heavily.

ATH Brian Ugwu (Hillside - NJ): Rutgers is still near the top of his recruitment and while a summer commitment is still likely, he still has a couple of visits planned. The Hillside program will have a couple of prospects hitting up Temple this weekend, so expect Ugwu to be there. He is also planning a visit to Boston College soon too.

ATH Zukudo Igwenagu (Worchester Academy - MA): Igwenagu was one of three commitments that happened on Wednesday and was the highest ranked commit of the day. He made the decision to commit after a fun visit to campus this past Wednesday afternoon.

“The visit went really well. I got a chance to meet and converse with some of the players. I talked a lot with CJ (Onyechi). I already know a lot about the school. He just kind of got me familiar with the program and the system. Not sure when I will take my official yet, but it will be my only one.”

Richie’s Rumblings:
  • Hearing the wave of commitments isn’t over yet, look for another commit over the next week.
Inside Chris’ Cranium:
  • While depth on the defensive line is thin, I can see DE Mike Tverdov having a solid season in his redshirt freshman campaign. During the spring, Tverdov was shaking off the rust. It appears that Tverdov has developed this offseason and transformed his body. He could be a threat and get to the quarterback in 2018 all while being a solid backup to Kevin Wilkins.

• Fifth-year senior Anthony Ashnault will indeed wrestle at 149 pounds for the Scarlet Knights this upcoming winter.
Top Five Potential Winners of the Rutgers 7-on-7
  1. NLG 7on7
  2. St. Peter’s Prep
  3. Mater Dei Prep
  4. St. Joe’s Regional
  5. Bergen Catholic
List of the 7-on-7 teams:
Here is a quick look at some of the confirmed 7-on-7 teams that will be on campus this weekend to compete in the annual Rutgers passing camp.

ASG 7on7 (NJ)
Barringer (NJ)
Bergen Catholic (NJ)
Mater Dei Prep (NJ)
Newark Collegiate (NJ)
NLG 7on7 (NJ)
Pope John XXIII (NJ)
Rahway (NJ)
Sayreville (NJ)
St. Joe’s Regional (NJ)
St. Peter’s Prep (NJ)
Tottenville (NY)