ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball WBB: C.Vivian Stringer earns win no. 1000

Some of the top hoops names around the world including the @NBAonTNT crew, @UNCWBBCoach, Geno Auriemma, Tara VanDerveer and others congratulate @cvivianstringer on 1000 career wins!

Add my congrats to the National accolades for your significant milestone tonight. Great night for Rutgers. Great night for you and your family.

#fatstringer lol. Very cool.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Congradulations to Coach C.Vivian Stringer for reaching the 1000 win milestone and the respect she brings to the program the way she carries herself .
The wins are great, but the respect CVS has brought to Rutgers over the years can not be forgotten and reaching 1000 only adds to what she has done for RU and the RU WBB Program.
i

I'm so glad she got to do this in front of a home crowd, with people who really can appreciate what she's done around her. (And, hey, Geno would have been disappointed if the crowd hadn't razzed him.)

Reactions: Newbrunfus
I love all things Rutgers so this was great to see such a positive national story about R U and C VIV. She has truly been a great ambassador for women’s basketball and for Rutgers. Also I think AD Hobbs did a great job both tonight and in keeping C VIV as our coach and allowing her to win her 1000k game here at R U.

Great job by Hobbs and his staff as well.as the team etc.
An interesting side note....Barchi...nowhere to be seen or any message!! Correct me if o may have missed something. If not, surely he did!!

Congrats, Coach C Viv!

I watched the celebration last night. Great moment for her and nice for the university overall.

It was quite a moment last night. Kudos to Pat and Sarah for putting together a well earned tribute for CVS. It was great to hear coach talk about how important family was in achieving all of her success. Congrats coach Stringer!

President Barchi was out of state meeting a significant donor.

New Brunswick Chancellor Chris Molloy was at game. And Gov Phil And First Lady Tammy Murphy

RU Did a tremendous job celebrating C Vivian Stringer’s tremendous achievement

"I guess he was also too busy to do a video congratulating CViv, I am sure he did not know that CViv was nearing the 1,000 win mark, or who CViv is!!! Exactly, especially when athletes, politicians, past coaches, on, and on managed to send videos, and kind words.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT