ADVERTISEMENT

We escaped the trap...

STPGopherfan

Heisman Winner
Aug 10, 2001
Rutgers punched us in the mouth and knocked us to our knees. I now know why I was nervous about this game. What looked like an easy win in the first quarter took a big turn in Rutgers favor. What I sense is parity. I was impressed with your coaches ability to keep your players in the game and in position to win. Very impressed with their desire to fight for a win.

Though I am concerned about my Gophers in many phases of the game, I am impressed with Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights are IMHO moving in the right direction.

Rutgers punched us in the mouth and knocked us to our knees. I now know why I was nervous about this game. What looked like an easy win in the first quarter took a big turn in Rutgers favor. What I sense is parity. I was impressed with your coaches ability to keep your players in the game and in position to win. Very impressed with their desire to fight for a win.

Though I am concerned about my Gophers in many phases of the game, I am impressed with Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights are IMHO moving in the right direction.
Thanks. Claeys made a couple of questionable calls yesterday that could have cost you guys the game. How do your fans feel about him?

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Thanks. We usually get 1 big comeback win a year (Maryland 2 years ago, IU last year) and I thought this would be it down 21-3

Reactions: phlop87
Thanks. Claeys made a couple of questionable calls yesterday that could have cost you guys the game. How do your fans feel about him?

Believe it or not, the torches and pitchforks crowd is starting to grow. All this for a first(full)year coach with a 5-2 record. I don't think some of our fans realize that Rutgers, PSU, and Iowa's players train as well. Take away Alabama, OSU(most of the time) and a few others and there is a big pile in the middle.

Is coach Claeys an elite coach? No, but considering where our program is, we could do much worse. We can't live in the past. The last of seven national championships was 1960. The last BigTen Championship of 18 was 1967. We just got through crawling. We need to master walking before we get to the sprints. Illinois at Illinois on Saturday will be the next test. I think Saturdays game will tell our team that we better play our best each week or else...

Regarding yesterday, I chose to give Rutgers credit. I don't care about the other games, Rutgers could have won yesterday. That is the current college football situation. Any team any given Saturday. Rutgers made enough to win just didn't work out that way. Make that extra point and the game might have gone to OT.

Last edited:
Reactions: CNJKnight and 17Q66
Thanks. We usually get 1 big comeback win a year (Maryland 2 years ago, IU last year) and I thought this would be it down 21-3

Maybe I should feel better then. I've witnessed two games were the Gophers were up 21 points in the fourth quarter and lost. No lead is truly safe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT