ADVERTISEMENT

We're #5

Sweet! Unbelievable class Schiano has brought in!!!

Of course, once our recruits get their ratings downgraded (for committing to Rutgers), we'll be around 40th!!!

Realistically, this class right now is mid 20s based on average player ranking which is pretty darn good. #5 is an aggregate ranking and Rutgers is there based partially on the sheer size of this class.
Yeah. Yeah. We know all that.
I just wanted to get the thrill of posting that for once in anyone's lifetime Rutgers football recruiting class is ranked #5. I don't know anyone who ever thought such a thing was possible.
Thanks...I think....for putting it in perspective.

Of course, once our recruits get their ratings downgraded (for committing to Rutgers), we'll be around 40th!!!
It has nothing to do with getting downgraded and everything to do with the volume of the class inflating our ranking now.

As other schools fill their classes we will drop. The current average rating for these recruits would normally put us in the mid thirties when all is said and done.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
It has nothing to do with getting downgraded and everything to do with the volume of the class inflating our ranking now.

As other schools fill their classes we will drop. The current average rating for these recruits would normally put us in the mid thirties when all is said and done.
Mid 30’s sounds right

If we had this many points last year, our rank would be 30. Consistent classes at 30 with Schianos D and decent QB play, we could be a consistent top 20 team.
When we start consistently cracking the Top 20 R recruiting will step-up too. #VirtuousCircle

Reactions: pmvon
If many of the top teams bring in 20 recruits and 10 portal transfers, they will likely still finish below us if we have 30 commitments. So a final ranking in the mid to late 20s seems likely to me.

If many of the top teams bring in 20 recruits and 10 portal transfers, they will likely still finish below us if we have 30 commitments. So a final ranking in the mid to late 20s seems likely to me.
I believe rivals only includes the top 20 recruits in the ranking. After the last commit, our points didn’t change.

Reactions: BLewis1968
I believe rivals only includes the top 20 recruits in the ranking. After the last commit, our points didn’t change.
If what you are saying is true, our star average would be 3.10, not 3.07. So I don't think that's correct unless you can show a source.

Yeah. Yeah. We know all that.
I just wanted to get the thrill of posting that for once in anyone's lifetime Rutgers football recruiting class is ranked #5. I don't know anyone who ever thought such a thing was possible.
Thanks...I think....for putting it in perspective.
It has happened in the past with Rutgers. We get tons of early 3* commitments, then the big boys get their 4/5 stars. 20 3* players get beat by 12 4/5*. That being said, this is a nice class for Gary.

It has happened in the past with Rutgers. We get tons of early 3* commitments, then the big boys get their 4/5 stars. 20 3* players get beat by 12 4/5*. That being said, this is a nice class for Gary.

I believe we were #6 in 2021 after Wimsatt committed. Somewhere around there. Then fell as you point out.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
If what you are saying is true, our star average would be 3.10, not 3.07. So I don't think that's correct unless you can show a source.
Could be two separate things. All I can tell you is our total points didn’t change with the last commit. We gained a 5.6 rated player and that replaced a 5.6 player. At least that’s what I saw.

I think lower #30's. Much better class than last year. Last year had 10 kids 5.5 star or lower, some of those kids got counted in Rivals calculations. This year only 5 kids at 5.5 stars, with only 20 kids counting they won't be tabulated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
Things are finally coming together for RU in the B1G
Football with a top class
Basketball with 2 top 5 National recruits
Wrestling with the #4 class in USA

Lets Go RU!
I wonder what the "I'm going to wait to see if RU can demonstrate some success before I give a NIL dime to moribund athletics department" crowd will say now.

I wonder what the "I'm going to wait to see if RU can demonstrate some success before I give a NIL dime to moribund athletics department" crowd will say now.
Like they say, "Everyone wants to be part of a winner". Ohio St, Michigan and psu aren't getting all their money because they suck every year.

The recruiting rankings still weigh quantity as well as quality. Our class is huge, and some of the top tier teams are taking fewer kids because they have less room after their portal free agency pickups. Anyone know what we rank based on average star ranking? I think that would be more indicative of how well we are doing.

Schiano is killing it on the recruiting trail.
He’s killing it because he’s getting the players he’s targeting. Not because their rankings.
He has said from day one rankings don’t mean anything for him or the kids he recruits.
His formula is different.
He recruits talented kids who love football.
Character is a big factor.
Time will tell but this class could be dangerous.
I have never seen a recruiting cycle where kids are signing up in droves.
I could be wrong but we are headed into uncharted territory ( for RU) and I don’t think we’re looking back!

Reactions: Wagram97
Not sure if it changed but it used to always be only your top 20 that count. That actually helps us...also helps that we have 11 5.7's. and along with our 3 5.8 4 star kids- the rest of the 20 would be filled all with 5.6

No other way to say it but our entire class that would count, would be high 3's and 4s. And I would guess that we may have at least 1 of the 3.7's to get that bump.
This looks like a high 20's type class. and while we are not going to score huge in the portal on our "gets" we score super high on our "keeps"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT