ADVERTISEMENT

We're tied with Arizona at #2

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
Only Western Michigan has more verbals at this point in the process.
I guess that means this class has filled up faster than any previous RU class.
and BTW, I don't think the quality of the class is bad either.....lots of guys rated pretty impressively.

I'm excited about the buzz, but also mindful of the fact that verbal commitments aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Ash is, by nearly all accounts, a terrific hire by Hobbs and Barchi. I'm really excited about the next five years On The Banks.

I'm excited about the buzz, but also mindful of the fact that verbal commitments aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Ash is, by nearly all accounts, a terrific hire by Hobbs and Barchi. I'm really excited about the next five years On The Banks.

Most verbals stick.

Obviously there will be decommits. There are at every school every year. But also new additions.

We all know how unreliable the * rating system is. But in his first year as a head coach, Ash has done a commendable job. RU fans have to feel optimistic based on the number and potential of those verbal commits...

Do I detect just a tad of equivacation?

to be fair, 7 of the commits have no other P5 offers and a few more max out with BC or Syracuse. It's probably best to temper expectations a little.
This is a big time class we're bringing in. No, I won't temper my expectations!

Cant we just enjoy the damned ride or is that too much to ask? Two years from now we will be talking about the bad 'ol days and digging on the Ash era as the one that we waited 147 years for..

to be fair, 7 of the commits have no other P5 offers and a few more max out with BC or Syracuse. It's probably best to temper expectations a little.
While I agree it is a fair question, I also agree this one is too...

We all know how unreliable the * rating system is. But in his first year as a head coach, Ash has done a commendable job. RU fans have to feel optimistic based on the number and potential of those verbal commits...

It is a very good class but not great. Our average recruit is on the BC, Houston level. But I think we have 5 legitimate difference makers in this class, the most in years (although that's not really saying much with Flood at the helm). If we can finish with Bell, Bolds and Hansard, this would be a legitimate top recruiting class that could compete with the best ever at RU. Bell, Melton and Barrow are game breaking studs that would start at any program in the country.

It is a very good class but not great. Our average recruit is on the BC, Houston level. But I think we have 5 legitimate difference makers in this class, the most in years (although that's not really saying much with Flood at the helm). If we can finish with Bell, Bolds and Hansard, this would be a legitimate top recruiting class that could compete with the best ever at RU. Bell, Melton and Barrow are game breaking studs that would start at any program in the country.

On an average rating basis it's only ahead of Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota and fractions ahead of Northwestern and Illinois in the Big Ten.

Michigan is actually in a similar position. Bunch of 3 stars (who to be fair do have high profile offers elsewhere) have already committed and our average star ranking isn't even top 10 in the nation. There's still a couple 5 stars and a good amount of 4 stars we are favorites to land but the class is getting full.. :popcorn:

On an average rating basis it's only ahead of Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota and fractions ahead of Northwestern and Illinois in the Big Ten.

Michigan is actually in a similar position. Bunch of 3 stars (who to be fair do have high profile offers elsewhere) have already committed and our average star ranking isn't even top 10 in the nation. There's still a couple 5 stars and a good amount of 4 stars we are favorites to land but the class is getting full.. :popcorn:
Anybody else notice only one of them is in our division?

I'm on board with all the excitement like the rest of you, but we do have a ways to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT