ADVERTISEMENT

What the numbers say....

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
I sorted bart numbers to include all teams in games vs Top 200. It includes 5 games and we are 1-4...I guess Georgetown isn't included.

BIG DISCLAIMER......5 is the sample size so EVERYTHING has to be taken with that in mind
Overall offensive eff (adj) 250th
Overall defensive eff (adj) 70th...which is incredible given how bad our DREB has been

Offense numbers
eff FG% 43.2% 306th
TO % 15.7% 63rd
OREB % 25.3% 253rd
foul drawing rate 23% or 324th
2pt FG% 38.8% 347th (blame the guards here)
3pt fg% 35.6% 66th
3pt shooting rate 25.7% or 353th (flux or kcg brought this up)
tempo 66.9 294th (Pike uptempo this year?)

Defense
eff fg% 47.4% 38th
to% 19.0% 78th
DREB% 57.4% 359th WTF
fouling rate 31% 124th
2pt fg% 47% 42nd
3 pt fg% 32% 102nd

There really is nothing suprising about any of these numbers except the concept our D is very good until we have to DREB.

ANOTHER FAIR DISCLOURE!!!!

When including all numbers (adjusted for SOS) and removing any preseason bias.
OFF .991 PPP 264th
DEF .914 PPP 11th

We are 11th in the country in defense despite the rebounding....however that has been built up by stiffling the weak

Of all the problems...this team is good enough at the press to win some games they shouldn't. IF they rebound the basketball. It's unbelievable, maybe shouldn't help defend drives anymore just go box out..

Of all the problems...this team is good enough at the press to win some games they shouldn't. IF they rebound the basketball. It's unbelievable, maybe shouldn't help defend drives anymore just go box out..
We have ZERO offensive game plan except mirroring the NBA. I could tell you every problem we have there.

The basics of all of it though is we are not a FUNDAMENTAL team. Our passing is awful and we lack and knowledge of how to box someone out. In the past with length at the guard position we were able to outjump teams for balls. This year we cant do that. Cliff ZERO rebounds should highlight that to the coaching staff right away. Just watch Hyatt on the court. He could be so much more aggressive in rebounding but only way he gets this is by outjumping for it. He barely tries.

If we fixed Rebounding and someone told this team to ONLY do high pick N roll for offense and off the ball players set screens for each other we would actually win more games.

I just haven't seen anything change on offense for years under Pike so I remain pessimistic about this season. Next year we may just get lucky because of the talent increase in an NBA type offense--awful

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT