ADVERTISEMENT

Football What type of offense will Schiano run?

He was noncommittal. I guess it will depend on who we can recruit for the job. Gleason would be exciting.

Good lord that was a tough read.
At least Schiano confirmed we will in fact have 11 players out on offense.
That’s a start.

Although he did mention 4-3 and 3-4......
Isn’t there a rule against only 4 people on the line of scrimmage?

"So schemes, you know, you've got 11 guys," Schiano told the media at Wednesday's press conference. "We're not talking about rocket science here. You've got 11 guys. You've got to figure out where to put them and you have to give them a chance to be successful, and coaching football is that simple. It's not easy, but it's very simple.”

Honestly, Ash talked a better game when he was hired.
Sadly it was all talk with Ash.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...l-offense-look-like-under-chris-ash/76951520/

"If we play a defense that is big and physical up front, maybe we don't match up with a two-back pro-style look, and we can get get in the gun and spread them out and do some different things," Ash said.

"At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. I know a lot of fans are concerned about that. In this day and age, you have to be able to score points. We're going to put an offense that can score points."

Good lord that was a tough read.
At least Schiano confirmed we will in fact have 11 players out on offense.
That’s a start.

Although he did mention 4-3 and 3-4......
Isn’t there a rule against only 4 people on the line of scrimmage?

"So schemes, you know, you've got 11 guys," Schiano told the media at Wednesday's press conference. "We're not talking about rocket science here. You've got 11 guys. You've got to figure out where to put them and you have to give them a chance to be successful, and coaching football is that simple. It's not easy, but it's very simple.”

Honestly, Ash talked a better game when he was hired.
Sadly it was all talk with Ash.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...l-offense-look-like-under-chris-ash/76951520/

"If we play a defense that is big and physical up front, maybe we don't match up with a two-back pro-style look, and we can get get in the gun and spread them out and do some different things," Ash said.

"At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. I know a lot of fans are concerned about that. In this day and age, you have to be able to score points. We're going to put an offense that can score points."
Sitkowski did score a bunch of points against Kansas...for Kansas.

Would Someone please correct this title or delete the stupid thread it’s driving me nuts every time I read it on the homepage

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT