ADVERTISEMENT

When does the schedule usually come out?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
I assume the season starts early February. Does the schedule usually come out around the Holidays?

I believe so. Others are coming out trickling in. We can start to piece it together. We know we are playing Utah this year

ST. Johns, Loyola, Utah, UMass, Princeton and Stony Brook on the schedule. Hofstra and Liu are off. Big Ten home games are Michigan and Maryland.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
I don’t think Hofstras coach was too happy with the beat downs they were taking.

He's a new guy. I think he will do better there. He comes from winning programs. All about support with St. John's, like any other school. Will their brass fund it properly?

But yea, we are several rungs above them. Our scout guys would probably roll them badly.

An RPI centric schedule

The staff has definitely mastered the RPI game.

The NCAA in no uncertain terms told us we had to work on that, and so that's what they did. A lot of math and projection goes into it. It's not throwing darts against the board.

Funny to hear all the crybabies now from Duke and ND and other acc people talk about how flawed the system is and there needs to be an eye test.

They weren't saying that when we got left out after beating top 5 teams. But now it's a big problem.

Hopefully the NCAA sticks to those guns.

This is a big year for us. Can we follow up the last two amazing seasons with another. If we do, I think you can say we are going to be a staple in May going forward. Lots of competition out there but with the kids we are recruiting and the systems we have in place, you have to think it's how it's going to be moving forward.

Going to be interesting to see how the team comes together. It's definitely going to be a different team make up. I'm curious to see how the young guys step up, along with who from the guys who played last year take that next step.

We know about the knowns. It's those next step guys that are going to be interesting to see. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few first years make an impression early.

Going to be interesting to see how the team comes together. It's definitely going to be a different team make up. I'm curious to see how the young guys step up, along with who from the guys who played last year take that next step.

We know about the knowns. It's those next step guys that are going to be interesting to see. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few first years make an impression early.
Given the rope unit turnover do you foresee a fundamental difference in our style of play/tempo...at least in the early going?

ST. Johns, Loyola, Utah, UMass, Princeton and Stony Brook on the schedule. Hofstra and Liu are off. Big Ten home games are Michigan and Maryland.
St. John's stinks. I wouldn't mind getting them off the slate unless we want them on there as a tune up for Army the week after.

Given the rope unit turnover do you foresee a fundamental difference in our style of play/tempo...at least in the early going?

No. Our style is our style. We aren't changing it, nor should we.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on those guys. We ask a lot of our DMids. Probably more than any other school in the country.

It's daunting for those guys, but they are experienced, albeit in different systems. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of the guys that have been in the program step up too.

I think, even more than last year, this team is going to grow as the season unfolds.

It's going to look different in May than it does in Feb.

Hearing some of the young guys are making a splash. Wouldn't be shocked to see some of them get run early.

We have some holes to fill no question about it. DMid is the biggest one and of course goalie. We have some solid options there.

Assuming Sprock comes back healthy, you have him, Knobloch, Aimone and Teresky as the knowns. With one attack spot open, you'd have to put Kulas there now.

Guys in the mix for run at midfield are the Kim bros, Logan Peters, Mitch Baker and probably a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. Kurdyla will probably get some run there or at attack.

Definitely some pieces to work with. How it shakes out, we will have to see. The squad is grinding. Fall ball at Rutgers isn't for the feint of heart.

No. Our style is our style. We aren't changing it, nor should we.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on those guys. We ask a lot of our DMids. Probably more than any other school in the country.

It's daunting for those guys, but they are experienced, albeit in different systems. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of the guys that have been in the program step up too.

I think, even more than last year, this team is going to grow as the season unfolds.

It's going to look different in May than it does in Feb.

Hearing some of the young guys are making a splash. Wouldn't be shocked to see some of them get run early.

We have some holes to fill no question about it. DMid is the biggest one and of course goalie. We have some solid options there.

Assuming Sprock comes back healthy, you have him, Knobloch, Aimone and Teresky as the knowns. With one attack spot open, you'd have to put Kulas there now.

Guys in the mix for run at midfield are the Kim bros, Logan Peters, Mitch Baker and probably a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. Kurdyla will probably get some run there or at attack.

Definitely some pieces to work with. How it shakes out, we will have to see. The squad is grinding. Fall ball at Rutgers isn't for the feint of heart.
Transfers were selected specifically to help fill the void at ssdm. I believe that all three of the transfers played that role at their previous school. I am hearing really good things about the freshman Dollive. You are right about the amount we ask our DM's to do but they also get offensive opportunities that they may not get at other schools

The key for me is if Sprock can come back and be healthy and who takes the third spot at attack. Kulas is a good shooter but if he plays that will either place a lot of pressure on Scott to be the primary ball carrier or Cameron to carry more than he did last year. You may see Kurdyla or Murphy getting some run as they are more willing to carry.

Kim brothers are big kids as is Peters. I would be interested to see where Brian Russo falls as he was a good player out of HS but has not gotten any real traction at Rutgers.

I think Cameron will carry more and so will Ross. He was the primary guy this summer for Canada so I expect him to do even more here now. Kulas is a lethal shooter. It’s hard to keep that off the field. The kid simply puts the ball in the net. Im curious to see his one on one skills. He hasn’t been asked to do it so it’s not really known yet what they are. But he can shoot. That we do know.

Heard the same about Dollive. He was one of the guys I was thinking of when I mentioned seeing young guys have a role. I’d say the same about Brady and Murphy. Some guys are just too good to keep off the field. You have to find roles for them.

Reactions: rufamily
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT