ADVERTISEMENT

Who all went to Rutgers on Saturday?

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
All the Rutgers Day stuff on College Ave, the baseball game on Livingston, the Folk Festival and Ag Field Day on Cook/Douglass, etc. All of this the day after the Spring Game on Friday night.

How many people on this board attended any of the stuff on Saturday?

What do you think having all that stuff in one weekend instead of spread out a bit?

Went to the Spring Game, stayed over at the University Inn and did Rutgers Day College Ave and Busch...
Even marched in the Alumni parade.

I love having it one big day.

I tailgated, went to the game, missed the morning breakfasts, walked in the parade, went to the Alumni barbecue, filmed some messages for prospective students, drove around Livingston and Busch just to sight see (I swear most people who haven't been back in a while would get lost on Livingston now ... its so different), then walked around the stuff on Cook/Douglass. We ate at Neilsen, which was cool because anybody could eat at any of the the dining halls that day for $10. I skipped the alumni dinner at the Audi Club because I had other plans, but it was great seeing so many of my college friends.

I like having it in one big day too. It'd be nice if they did more big weekends like this to promote people coming back to campus more often.

It was a beautiful day, but I didn't like having reunion weekend and Rutgers Day on the same day. I enjoy each one, and each one has its own purpose and focus. Rutgers Day is a fantastic event, and I love to walk around to see the exhibits. I could only spend half time doing that because of alumni events. That said, everyone should attend Rutgers Day to appreciate the work happening at good old RU.

Scarlet Jerry

I went to Ag Field Day, as I have since I was a student at Cook. I have to agree with Jerry, I'm not a fan of reunion weekend and Rutgers Day mashed up into one. The reunion events were much more geared towards the alumni while Rutgers Day feels more like an open house for the general community especially the children. With all the hustle and bustle of 70,000 people on campus, the alumni who had their milestones this year got lost in the shuffle.

I would be interested in hearing from Alumni Relations about the overall result. I have the same feelings expressed above that it turned into competing events from me. But perhaps they saw a significant rise in participation for the alumni events - or maybe not and it will switch back.

I'm going to see if I can get some feedback.

You all should have went to the lax game Saturday. It was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT