ADVERTISEMENT

Who's in and who's out - the final chapter

That is an amazingly complicated analysis! How do you do that??

Wouldn't there be 14 at-large bids remaining once those 18 at-large "locks" including Dayton are accommodated? You seemed to be using 13 as the number of remaining bids, so I must have missed something along the way.

In any event, things are looking good for RU. When do the bids actually go out? I thought it was supposed to be last night but all they seemed to have on was the men's bracket, with the talking heads trying to figure out which men's college team (you know, the ones with students who will take finals this May) will be the one to take on UK's NBA farm team in the national final.

A lot of these RPI's make no sense to me:
So FL - 5
Dayton - 14
UT - 21
Nebraska - 34

Why in the world would Nebraska be ahead of RU in anything. We had a better record, better conf record, and beat them heads up.

Basically, it's strength of schedule. RU's SOS was in the 60s the last time I checked, thanks to a bunch of the OOC opponents tanking. (I think at least a few of them were expected to be better.)

Originally posted by ecojew:
That is an amazingly complicated analysis! How do you do that??

Wouldn't there be 14 at-large bids remaining once those 18 at-large "locks" including Dayton are accommodated? You seemed to be using 13 as the number of remaining bids, so I must have missed something along the way.

In any event, things are looking good for RU. When do the bids actually go out? I thought it was supposed to be last night but all they seemed to have on was the men's bracket, with the talking heads trying to figure out which men's college team (you know, the ones with students who will take finals this May) will be the one to take on UK's NBA farm team in the national final.
It's 14 - I started this post earlier in the week, but Sunday morning's RPI dropped a major conference team (I think it was TAMU) out of the RPI top 35, and so it had to be added to the next group. I forgot to change the 13s to 14s, although if you'll see I assume 14 slots are available in the rest of the analysis. (And I've fixed it now - thanks.)

The bracket is announced tonight.

"The bracket is announced tonight."

At last, but I'm worried - what will you do with your spare time, LOL??

This post was edited on 3/16 5:41 PM by ecojew

Originally posted by knightfan2000:
I predicted exactly this nightmare scenario. They really must hate us
Ironically, this probably means that RU is the #1 #8 seed, since Albany is the closet region (and that Seton Hall is the #1 #9 seed, FWIW).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT