ADVERTISEMENT

Wild Story About Les Miles as Kansas Coach

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Not a good look for KU either.

"Miles, according to Caperton and Jamie, offered a different solution. The players would settle their differences on the practice field, pitting them against each other — head-on — in full-contact drills."

The final resolution: KU’s athletic department agreeing to pay him more than $50,000 in benefits to go home after he reported threats and harassment from teammates.

Amazing that David Reed, Senior Associate Athletics Director – Compliance & Student Services, who drafted the agreement, apparently is still employed as at KU.

He honed his craft at Miami.

Last edited:
It's fascinating that Les Miles was a more spectacular failure than Ash. And now a dirt bag on top of it.
Pre-Miles, Ash did lose to Kansas 55-14.

Wonder if Kansas will ever turn it around last winning Coach was Mark Magino, fired in 2009 for dirt bag things. But he hd them at 12-1 in 2007 and won the Orange Bowl.

Pre-Miles, Ash did lose to Kansas 55-14.

Wonder if Kansas will ever turn it around last winning Coach was Mark Magino, fired in 2009 for dirt bag things. But he hd them at 12-1 in 2007 and won the Orange Bowl.
Leipold is a real coach, he will turn it around.

I had thought I had read a story.. maybe a similar one elsewhere or a different story about Miles... that involved somehting like this starting because of football team hazing.

This, quite frankly, sounds like maybe gang violence kind of thing. The players handled it as they would have back home. And I know I had read a story about known gans with members in college football and that it was known to the various universities and coaches.

Hey.. what the over/under on how many times this kid sang "Country Roads" on his way home from Kansas?

awww... someone trying to undermine KU B1G chances........

lololololol..........

I forget the poster, guy hated me and thought he knew everything about everything and he was emphatic that we blew it not hiring Les Miles and was just as emphatic that Schiano wasn't coming back.

He sounds like a 70s coach
That makes sense since he was a early 70s player

The 70s football coaches were about sado-masochism.
You could not even drink water during hot 70s practices.
Oklahoma drills (now banned) were fav drill in camp when the pads came out
Coaches knew little about technique or Xs and Os but they knew how to work you into the ground and did. It was always "for your own good"
Teams with a lot of back-ups used players as fodder.
I blamed the Lombardi "Mussolini vibe" and Bear's "Junction Boy" approach.
The 70s were when Woody Hayes told a player to take his helmet off and then hit him.
Its also when he punched a Clemson nose guard in the throat
Its also when I watched Bubba Smith put a 6'5" 260lb kid (in pads) on his butt after asking another kid to hold his cigarette and sunglasses.
I can guess exactly where Les is coming from

Last edited:
kid is a pu$$y

The operative word is “kid”.

And, whether he contributed to it or not, it seems like it was an intense bullying situation and he needed adults to intervene.

But if it makes you feel better to call a college kid you don’t know a p*ssy on an anonymous football message board, go for it.

he's not a kid, he's a young adult and he's a pu$$y. If that offends you, find another sport like soccer to enjoy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT