ADVERTISEMENT

With 2nd Swedish Player ... Cal66 is Happy : > )

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Rolfe Rudestam was Cal66.
He was very proud of his Swedish heritage.

We spoke many times over the years. When Rutgers seemingly was passed over
by the ACC, Rolfe simply pointed out that he wouldn't have wanted to join that league anyway.

Instead he thought that Rutgers / the B!G were a perfect fit. And that being in the B!G would bring more prestige to RU and the other AAU members.

While he didn't live to see it happen (he passed away about 10 months before we received our invite to the B!G...this Swedish thing seems more than a coincidence.

Have to believe that Cal's up there pulling stings!

MO

Why isn't this offer committable in July? Wouldn't we want to wait until Dec-Jan to see how many ships RU has at that point?

Rolfe Rudestam was Cal66.
He was very proud of his Swedish heritage.

We spoke many times over the years. When Rutgers seemingly was passed over
by the ACC, Rolfe simply pointed out that he wouldn't have wanted to join that league anyway.

Instead he thought that Rutgers / the B!G were a perfect fit. And that being in the B!G would bring more prestige to RU and the other AAU members.

While he didn't live to see it happen (he passed away about 10 months before we received our invite to the B!G...this Swedish thing seems more than a coincidence.

Have to believe that Cal's up there pulling stings!

MO

Rolf/Cal was an awesome poster and a great guy, who I met a couple of times. Minor point: his handle was CalRU66. If anyone is interested in learning a little about him, you can google his handle and see some interesting stuff...

Not sure what the plan is here but let me speculate a little. Is it perhaps a plan that recognizes our difficulty in recruiting the elite 4 and 5 star linemen, reasons for that have been discussed at great length here, and they are looking for a different approach. Similar to how some MLB teams many years ago started scouting the Latin countries and how some NBA teams got the jump on the overseas players. If these guys work out and develop into high level linemen we have the jump on the rest of the teams in that area. Hope it works put. As of now, I trust this staff to know what they are doing.

Reactions: RUDead
Rolf/Cal was an awesome poster and a great guy, who I met a couple of times. Minor point: his handle was CalRU66. If anyone is interested in learning a little about him, you can google his handle and see some interesting stuff...

Thank you for this. I am Adding to my post. As you can see by my user info I started here in '15 so I was not posting when he was but I took the time to read several of the articles which I had googled as you suggested. He seems to have been a special guy. I do hope these Swedish recruits work out for them and for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789
I miss Cal66 as he was one of the most level headed posters and was never negative too( at least that I can recall).

Thank you for this. I am Adding to my post. As you can see by my user info I started here in '15 so I was not posting when he was but I took the time to read several of the articles which I had googled as you suggested. He seems to have been a special guy. I do hope these Swedish recruits work out for them and for him.
CalRU66 was definitely a Loyal Son!

MockupOfRolfsBrick.jpg

How SWEDE it is!!! If these kids had been American born,they would be the B1G corn fed guys of which great B1G lines have been made of for years.We are going to Love them ALL.

Reactions: RUDead and Dpgru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT