ADVERTISEMENT

With Masking mandates gaining momentum, What will you do if Rutgers demands masks at Rutgers Football Games?

If Rutgers demands masks be worn at Rutgers Football games what will you do?

• Comply and wear a mask at games

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Not comply and not wear a mask even if they demand I do.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Wear a mask to get into the game then not comply

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Stay home to watch the game.

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do whatever it takes to be in the stadium. If it means get vaccinated I'm in. If it means wear a mask I'm in. I don't have strong feelings on it, but I do have strong feelings on Rutgers Football. I will be in the stadium even if it means wearing a mask or vaccinated. Support the science. Support Rutgers football.

So would all fans and alums of Rutgers.

But on this board we have a lot of people allowed to run roughshod who are not alums and are only fans of a losing political ideology, who need to take out their anti vax and other assorted shrieking here.

Every kid has to get vaccinated to go to school. It has saved us and eliminated so many deadly diseases. Every adult had to get the Polio vaccine back in the day. Is it un-American to not want to get polio and die? You are an idiot.
Strange that we don't hear of many polio cases these days. I wonder why that is.
BTW, Proud is not a Rutgers graduate.

Strange that we don't hear of many polio cases these days. I wonder why that is.
BTW, Proud is not a Rutgers graduate.

Must have been because Bill Gates injected people with magnets and tracking devices not to get polio. That or they got bleach injections.

I find masks annoying, but I'll wear 10 masks if the scoreboard video will show CEsspool posters getting dragged kicking and screaming from the stadium. Hell, I'd pay double the price of tickets.
odd coming from you considering they throw gays from rooftops in the middle east. You gonna watch that too? You are a hateful person, I feel sorry for you

I won't go, masks don't work and Fauci confirmed it 14 times in emails.

4q77i8.jpg

- Substitute your own judgment, based on some stuff someone sent you on the internet or what some rage jock on cable TV said, over the decision of public health professionals and public officials who are trying their best to do the right thing?

- Wear a mask

LOL. It's cute that you think that.

Last edited:
Every kid has to get vaccinated to go to school. It has saved us and eliminated so many deadly diseases. Every adult had to get the Polio vaccine back in the day. Is it un-American to not want to get polio and die? You are an idiot.

If you think those case (Polio Vaccine with 50 years of safety and COVID mRNA injection with maybe 1) are directly comparable you might be the idiot.

First, this is not “gaining steam”. Mask mandates are being implemented at indoor venues. They have not been discussed for a long time at outdoor venues. The Covid situation would have to really take a turn south (for example, NJ hospitals starting to fill up with pediatric Covid cases) for this to change. If things get that bad, a mask mandate likely wouldn’t be a situation unique to RU and would be implemented across the conference.

So here’s an interesting spin on the question. Suppose for a minute that did happen. Anyone doubt that the Husker fans, conservative as their political views may be, would still fill their stadium - masks or not? I don’t.

Ignorant? Snowflake? Call me whatever you like, but I’d like to keep my family alive.

To you it’s a political issue. To me, it’s basic science and common sense.

If you got the medical credentials to show the vaccine doesn’t work, go for it. Otherwise you’re just another dumb turd. Your leaders are all vaccinated and people like you are trying your best to win the Herman Cain award.

How did you escape my Ignore list? LOL

You realize that the nature of science is that we keep gathering data. And we are open to what that data tells us. And we change our opinions based on that data. Masks weren't necessary before Delta. They may or may not be necessary now. Your post is misinformation and misleading.
The nature of science is also that it is supposed to be published and peer reviewed so that all can see the data. Too often those in charge are citing science as the reason for making or not making a decision but are relying on advice or data that has been told to them by "advisors" but not made public.

If they are really going to "following the science," then only once they have gathered data on the spread of covid by vaccinated people outside, masked compared to unmasked, will be time to consider a mask mandate for all.

My scientific proof:

My wife is a private school teacher (Pre-K thru 8) whose school had a hybrid model that parents could decide to send their kids in or have them learn online. Most parents sent their kids in but masks were mandated to be on at all times, both staff and students, with the exception of lunch in which social distancing was strictly enforced (as it was in the class room).

Now, my wife gets sick several times a year. It's a combination of a weak immune system and the fact she works with very little kids who will cough, sneeze, whatever right in your face until they get the gist of proper etiquette. It's a germ factory. She worked in person all of last school year with a mask on and was a demon on enforcing the kids follow the rules and wear theirs too.

She didn't get so much as a cold last year.

That's all the proof I need.

Ignorant? Snowflake? Call me whatever you like, but I’d like to keep my family alive.

To you it’s a political issue. To me, it’s basic science and common sense.

If you got the medical credentials to show the vaccine doesn’t work, go for it. Otherwise you’re just another dumb turd. Your leaders are all vaccinated and people like you are trying your best to win the Herman Cain award.

How are people still this stupid? The.mask.does.nothing. Nothing.

For simpleton purposes: the holes in your mask are the size of a dollar coin.

The size of the virus is the size of a nickel coin.

It's getting through your mask every single time. Wear all the masks you want.

Incredible how many of you want to be controlled the rest of your life. Blows my mind.

If you think those case (Polio Vaccine with 50 years of safety and COVID mRNA injection with maybe 1) are directly comparable you might be the idiot.
It's truly amazing you can type that considering even a somewhat superficial bit of real research into the vaccines would reveal that mRNA technology has been around and tested for 15 years. Add to that how all the steps leading to approval of the vaccines that could be performed concurrently were (a major achievement of the "Operation Warp Speed" I keep wondering why Cult45 won't tout) to make possible their thorough evaluation in a shorter period of time,.......
your post makes it like Tucker Carlson is right here with us to distract folks from knowing any of that.
200.gif

Let me help you with the wording of the poll:

If Rutgers institutes a mask mandate at games will you:

- Substitute your own judgment, based on some stuff someone sent you on the internet or what some rage jock on cable TV said, over the decision of public health professionals and public officials who are trying their best to do the right thing?

- Wear a mask

You do realize masks dont work

But you keep thinking wearing one makes you feel better

Biden covid advisor just told you the other day masks are ineffective at keeping out virus particles unless its n95

Stop treating masks as your god..let it go and stop moralizing

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I hate how so many people think they are experts and qualified make their own decisions on major public health questions that impact millions of people. If Rutgers, NJ, or the Big Ten decide on masks, just wear a mask. It's not a personal insult.
Personally, I gather information from multiple sources and make my own decisions. If we learned anything from this disaster it is that experts make mistakes and worse, are many times politically motivated when promoting a position. I don't feel it is a personal insult - I just don't want other "qualified" people making my choices.

Incredible how many of you want to be controlled the rest of your life. Blows my mind.
(sigh) This is overwhelmingly stupid and I am sad and embarrassed for you.
The virus is being stopped because it is inside a glob of water and mucus that is humongous in comparison to the spaces between the fabric of a decent mask.
To hear you parrot this Fox/Newsmax/Breitbart piece of pure FUD is stunning.
Please tell me you did not attend RU. Please.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsg2 and Kbee3

Its baked in with them
..and its political for them. Notice how its always them bringing political affiliation into the discussion

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Personally, I gather information from multiple sources and make my own decisions. If we learned anything from this disaster it is that experts make mistakes and worse, are many times politically motivated when promoting a position. I don't feel it is a personal insult - I just don't want other "qualified" people making my choices.

Great post..this is what people should do

We have had 2 different admins with horrific messaging from the cdc but some continue to eat it up and hide behind bs like "changing" science

First, this is not “gaining steam”. Mask mandates are being implemented at indoor venues. They have not been discussed for a long time at outdoor venues. The Covid situation would have to really take a turn south (for example, NJ hospitals starting to fill up with pediatric Covid cases) for this to change. If things get that bad, a mask mandate likely wouldn’t be a situation unique to RU and would be implemented across the conference.

So here’s an interesting spin on the question. Suppose for a minute that did happen. Anyone doubt that the Husker fans, conservative as their political views may be, would still fill their stadium - masks or not? I don’t.

They wouldn't be mandated there so ther goes that hypothesis

I think masks help but they aren’t foolproof. If they didn’t help it think more healthcare workers would be getting sick plus it’s just sort of common sense that some infectious material would get caught in the mask. Obviously a bandanna probably doesn’t help at all where n95 is likely very effective. That said if you have to wear the mask while sitting I would pass and ask for a refund. I was vaccinated. I find masks to be uncomfortable plus they steam up my glasses.

I'm starting to want it to be instituted (mostly for the well-being of my immunocompromised ex-wife, the mother of my daughter).
I'd also like to see the anger tribe here have its bluff called and/or know you aren't in the stadium with me this season.
Bluff got called last year when many said they would walk if rutgers football ever took a political stance . The team didn’t just take a stance , they put the saying on their helmets . Bluff called and all the same guys still here

To get this back on track . I would comply.
But lower to sip my fountain soda and rum shooters I snuck in!

This is the one thing that would cause me to not attend games. I have a few relatives and friends who are otherwise "healthy" but cannot take the vaccine due to autoimmune and other issues. These people are currently going through some very dark times thinking they will be treated as subhuman and excluded from society going forward. I've seen the mental effect the rhetoric has had on them, and as such cannot in my own good faith support a vaccine mandate.
If they are too immune compromised to get the vaccine, aren't they even in more danger of going to a public place where COVID is spreading? In particular a place that allows unvaccinated people? It sucks for your friends and family. There aren't good choices.

You’re the only one who brought politics into it Karen.

Personal healthcare is not political.

YOU, have made it political.
It's not personal healthcare. It's public health. Laws are not optional because it's not just about about you, it's about how what you do effects the whole community.

In edit: I firmly believe in a lot of personal choice. I don't think the government should be involved in "consensual crimes". That is a crime where there is no victim and both parties are into it. Drugs are a good example. And if someone wants to commit suicide, that's really their choice. But public health is not a personal choice. Your right to do what you want ends where it infringes on my rights.

I will post angrily on the internet.

In seriousness, I voted "stay home to watch the game" but to be clear I am not a season ticket holder and I may not go to any games this year either way. That said, I would be unlikely to buy tickets if I needed to mask, it just seems not that fun.

Whether you wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, or wear a Hazmat suit, please go to the games. Our kids and staff have been working their backsides off the last 18 months to overcome the Flood/Ash disaster and deserve to finally play their first came with big crowds. Tell everyone you know, Season Tickets are available and are only $150. No need to pay for parking either to help keep costs down. Unless someone is elderly, disabled, or has little munchkins, Free parking is not that far of a walk. Rutgers Ticket Office phone number is 866-445-4678. Go Rutgers !!!

Whether you wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, or wear a Hazmat suit, please go to the games. Our kids and staff have been working their backsides off the last 18 months to overcome the Flood/Ash disaster and deserve to finally play their first came with big crowds. Tell everyone you know, Season Tickets are available and are only $150. No need to pay for parking either to help keep costs down. Unless someone is elderly, disabled, or has little munchkins, Free parking is not that far of a walk. Rutgers Ticket Office phone number is 866-445-4678. Go Rutgers !!!
That's the real thing. Masks just aren't that big a deal. Of all the things to freak out about, I can live with this. Even if I disagree. And I actually think we may be overreacting to COVID. For all kinds of wrong reasons, I think the right wingers may have this right that we just need to get back out there. But I'm a good citizen. And if the people that I elected, in good faith after having done their homework, say wear a mask, I'm fine with that. That's because I'm not a culture warrior ragaholic ideologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT