ADVERTISEMENT

WKU’s Moustapha Diagne - immediate eligibility

I'm wrong a lot, but I'm going to go with no, we don't have any interest.

At this point the criteria in my mind is the prospective grad transfer better than our walk ons? We have two open slots, I’m not saying we should take this guy but for one year if he’s better than the end of our bench we should consider it.

No he is just a very bad basketball player. Scored 11 the year before. 11 more than me.

So many people think players not on our roster are better than guys on it. Most write off Duocoure, but are interested in a guy like this.
At the rate of decline, he could score 2pts next season... Are we sure we don't give him a scholarship ? keep an open mind, no one is saying that two points has to be with a single bucket. He could spread it out over 2 free throws in different games...

Andrew Dakich scored 22 points in three seasons for Michigan, then scored 101 in one year at Ohio State. That's certainly not the norm but hey could be worth a look.

If a guy can’t sniff the rotation at Western Kentucky the odds of him making an impact here are absurdly low.

People’s fixation on players at other places is bizarre. We have Johnson Carter Duke and Nathan. A 5th guy fighting for 40 minutes?

We also have walk on, Daniel Lobach who is a power forward. This guy never considered us when he chose Syracuse. Why should we consider him now?

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
If a guy can’t sniff the rotation at Western Kentucky the odds of him making an impact here are absurdly low.

People’s fixation on players at other places is bizarre. We have Johnson Carter Duke and Nathan. A 5th guy fighting for 40 minutes?
Smells like this guy was part of a package deal to get Charles Bassey to Western Kentucky. The article says he and Bassey have the same guardian. Hennssy Auriantal, an assistant at WKU. Their relationship must have soured.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and AD888
I remember him as a recruit. I don't know how good he is or not and I am not saying.Rutgers should pursue him......but, Syracuse wanted him when he.was.coming out as a HS.senior.

Did you just say Nathan ? No disrespect to Luke...but Really?

Hey, what if Myles Johnson gets In foul trouble or God forbide gets hurt; what then? Or, what happens if Duke's back problem resurfaces?

Currently, this is a team with two Centers that are "Foul Magnets" in Johnson and Duke...one coming off a back injury. An injury at that spot could derail the entire season.

Last edited:
I remember him as a recruit. I don't know how good he is or not and I am not saying.Rutgers should pursue him......but, Syracuse wanted him when he.was.coming out as a HS.senior.
Syracuse liked his length (7'3 wingspan according to reports), strength, and evidently he played quite a bit of zone in HS so Syracuse thought he was a good fit for them defensively.

Edit: I just watched every offensive possession that ended with the ball in his hands and every defensive possession he was involved in last season and he does not look good enough to play at Rutgers. Should probably transfer to a program in a conference a few levels below C-USA.

Last edited:
I think yeah really. He had same spot in rotation at WKU that Nathan has here. If we get massive foul trouble or injury what makes anyone think One our 6’6’’ wings can’t defend as good as a 6’ 9’’ very not good player

I think yeah really. He had same spot in rotation at WKU that Nathan has here. If we get massive foul trouble or injury what makes anyone think One our 6’6’’ wings can’t defend as good as a 6’ 9’’ very not good player

Yeboah can.

I think the jury is still out on whether Harper or McConnell can guard a 4....especially in the paint. There are still teams in the B1G playing big 4's.

I think it's the reason Pikiell tried to snag another bigger body in the last month.

Reactions: RUMassAlum
Did you just say Nathan ? No disrespect to Luke...but Really?

Hey, what if Myles Johnson gets In foul trouble or God forbide gets hurt; what then? Or, what happens if Duke's back problem resurfaces?

Currently, this is a team with two Centers that are "Foul Magnets" in Johnson and Duke...one coming off a back injury. An injury at that spot could derail the entire season.

Shaq Carter is the "3rd Center" and either the starting or backup PF. We have four "bigs" for '19-'20 (Myles, Yeboah, Carter and Doucoure). Not sure there are more than 3 or 4 B1G teams that have more than 3 players 6'9" or taller. And we have three plus Yeboah who is a 6'6" PF.
Carter >>>>Dianne, and I am not sure I put enough ">"'s in my post to emphasize how much better Carter is than Dianne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT