ADVERTISEMENT

WNIT RU vs Georgetown 3/17/16

is this a career high for Rachel ad why does she have so many tonight as opposed to other nights?

Rutgers wins 57-55 Copper with late second basket.She scored 22 points.

Kahleah makes layup with 1 sec left and RU wins :cool2:[banana][cheers][thumb2]

A rematch but apparently Va. is without their leading scorer who inexplicably left the program a few days ago. Hopefully we get the same result as last time

They play Sunday against VCU.
Actually they play Virginia on Sunday at the RAC. UVA beat VCU on a similar last minute score. We played them earlier this season the the Virgin Islands Tournament and won 60-48.

Actually they play Virginia on Sunday at the RAC. UVA beat VCU on a similar last minute score. We played them earlier this season the the Virgin Islands Tournament and won 60-48.
Sorry,I thought WCTC said VCU won.The announcers kept talking about their arena like it might host the game against Rutgers.

they need to market this better...broken record of course...but if we want to continue hosting postseason games, it needs to be worth it (moneywise) to the U.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I root for the uniform so I'm pleased for the kids that RU won. But you can't spin an announced attendance of 453. So in reality there were probably even less than that there. That's a Group 2 high school kinda crowd.

well regular attendance usually was around 1K so not surprise it drew so poorly being the NIT and being up against NCAAs mens tourney

Not sure where that figure came from. It seemed a lot better than the reported number.

Our B1G brethren - Iowa, Nebraska, and NW - all lost last night, all of them at home. Aside from Iowa and Nebraska, the attendance figures I saw were all quite low, many lower than ours. Hopefully, Sunday at 2 will get a better crowd, with an opponent from the hated ACC.

Great 3-6 inches of snow coming thru right during this window. Really??!!

ps..congrats to the team!

they need to market this better...broken record of course...but if we want to continue hosting postseason games, it needs to be worth it (moneywise) to the U.
Need to market all FB, MBB & WBB games better no matter if in regular season or post season.
But you do make a good point of games hosted by RU need to be more profitable for everyone involved or they might not continued for long.
I'd say the disappointment over the RU WBB team not making the Tourney and the NCAA's men's tourney had a big effect on attendance , but shouldn't be used as a excuse because attendance has been a problem for the men and women's basketball programs.

edit: looks like the amount of congratulations I would have liked to see didn't happen.
For some guess seeing positives things about the RU WBB is about as likely to happen as looking forward to a Dentist appointment [roll]

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarletwoman
Need to market all FB, MBB & WBB games better no matter if in regular season or post season.
But you do make a good point of games hosted by RU need to be more profitable for everyone involved or they might not continued for long.
I'd say the disappointment over the RU WBB team not making the Tourney and the NCAA's men's tourney had a big effect on attendance , but shouldn't be used as a excuse because attendance has been a problem for the men and women's basketball programs.

edit: looks like the amount of congratulations I would have liked to see didn't happen.
For some guess seeing positives things about the RU WBB is about as likely to happen as looking forward to a Dentist appointment [roll]
I saw what you did there.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Couldn't go Thursday had to work will be there Sunday though to cheer them on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT