ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer vs. Nebraska

She got her 5th yellow card of the year in the previous game, which, according to NCAA rules, means she has to sit out the next game.

CAUTIONS (YELLOW CARD)
• Regular season accumulated cautions (Rule 12.5):
-- 5 cautions in one season = suspension from the next regularly scheduled game.
-- 3 additional cautions in one season (8 total) = suspension from the next regularly scheduled game.

She got her 5th yellow card of the year in the previous game, which, according to NCAA rules, means she has to sit out the next game.

CAUTIONS (YELLOW CARD)
• Regular season accumulated cautions (Rule 12.5):
-- 5 cautions in one season = suspension from the next regularly scheduled game.
-- 3 additional cautions in one season (8 total) = suspension from the next regularly scheduled game.

That's right....welp....doesn't matter. Nebraska stinks BUT Iowa is damn good this year. Need a sweep, regardless, IMHO. 6 points!!!

Reactions: Degaz-RU
Will be interesting to see how the team responds to playing without Tiernan.
I am also very interested; MON has to play 3 forwards and I think we will see quicker ball movement as the ball will not be on one of their feet so much; Game on BTN; I will have to watch on delay

Wasn't going to make an entire thread for this but in semi-relevant WSOC news, Meg Ryan just got canned at Maryland. Wouldn't answer any offensive struggles but wonder if a reunion is in the mix...
Really thought that Meg would do well at Maryland. Wish her well.

Last edited:
Really th0ught that Meg would do well at Maryland. Wish her well.
Maryland was pretty bad all three years:

2022: 4-8-5 overall, 3-7-0 in B1G

2023: 3-10-5 overall, 0-9-1 in B1G

2024: 3-7-4 overall, 0-5-1 in B1G

Fired with a month to go in the season, so I guess they want to get a head start on looking for a replacement.

Does Rutgers even have an open assistant spot? I don't think so, as we have three full-time assistants already.

Currently getting dominated by a shitty Nebraska team (RPI of 71), 2-1, with 25 to go in the 1st half. They're both bigger and fast than us, playing GREAT balls into the middle, and scored twice in the blink of an eye after we took a 1-0 lead.

IMHO a "lucky" 2-1 down at the half. Need to play A LOT better and smarter in the 2nd half to get the tie (let alone the "W"). Let’s go ladies!!!

Last edited:
Awful first half. Huskers look like they’re playing with 15 players on the pitch, very connected and skilled, and putting on a relentless high press with 6 players, and Rutgers just can’t get into the attacking third, and when they do, it’s usually snuffed out harmlessly.

Nebraska outshooting Rutgers 8-3 (4-2 SOG).

Awful first half. Huskers look like they’re playing with 15 players on the pitch, very connected and skilled, and putting on a relentless high press with 6 players, and Rutgers just can’t get into the attacking third, and when they do, it’s usually snuffed out harmlessly.

Nebraska outshooting Rutgers 8-3 (4-2 SOG).
Yes. Trouble with the high press as usual. Toomany soft passes to Nebby players or into no man's land. Pretty awful so far.

Excellent job in the second half! Played faster, harder and smarter than in the first half.

NOW TCB vs Iowa and snag 6 points!

Rutgers wins 3-2. Terrific second half by the Scarlet Knights, and tremendous game by Ashley Baran, who had 3 goals plus three more near misses.

Excellent come back win. I love how we really changed our tactics in the 2nd half to settle in and deal with their complicated high press. MO hasn't been the best at in-game adjustments, and this was a big one. kudos to him and the staff.

also, full credit to MO for the young talent and key pick up (Tsokos) which has really fused well with the existing players.

We are one midfielder away from really humming.

Excellent come back win. I love how we really changed our tactics in the 2nd half to settle in and deal with their complicated high press. MO hasn't been the best at in-game adjustments, and this was a big one. kudos to him and the staff.

also, full credit to MO for the young talent and key pick up (Tsokos) which has really fused well with the existing players.

We are one midfielder away from really humming.
We finally have a really good attacking center mid in Shaela Bradley, who is terrific at gathering the pass in midfield and turning upfield to start the attack.

And yes Tsokos has been a revelation at RB. Hammill has also improved at LB, so our back line is borderline elite with Banks and Mason anchoring the defense at CB.

Agree that we just need another mid to step up and add to the attack. Gil is starting to come around in that role.

Let me tell you, this game is going to boost Baran’s confidence, and now she and Tiernan can really become a dangerous duo up front.

Baran gets game ball tonight, but this is the best game Girman has played all year. The two assists she had were on nifty passes out to Baran at the perfect moment as she dribbled near the box. I wonder if Mike continues to bring Gia off the bench, or does this game prompt him to insert Gia into the starting lineup as an attacking mid alongside Bradley?

We finally have a really good attacking center mid in Shaela Bradley, who is terrific at gathering the pass in midfield and turning upfield to start the attack.

And yes Tsokos has been a revelation at RB. Hammill has also improved at LB, so our back line is borderline elite with Banks and Mason anchoring the defense at CB.

Agree that we just need another mid to step up and add to the attack. Gil is starting to come around in that role.

Let me tell you, this game is going to boost Baran’s confidence, and now she and Tiernan can really become a dangerous duo up front.

Baran gets game ball tonight, but this is the best game Girman has played all year. The two assists she had were on nifty passes out to Baran at the perfect moment as she dribbled near the box. I wonder if Mike continues to bring Gia off the bench, or does this game prompt him to insert Gia into the starting lineup as an attacking mid alongside Bradley?
Agree Gil is coming around...she's been playing much better for several games now and you see her confidence growing in how she's playing. I think urban is the weak link in the midfield. I know she's playing as a holding/deep 6, but she struggles to defend effectively, doesn't cover a lot of ground, and her passing is way too casual/sloppy. 23 had some rough early games but she had a good outing today....would like to see her get some of 9s minutes.

I have loved Bradley from the first 5 minutes I saw her play. She is special.

I am not with you on Gia. She did have a good game today (by her standards) but for me she is still someone to bring off the bench. We are far more effective with post, baran and Riley, imho. I am shocked at how poor her touch is. She is fast and tough though.

Tsokos has been a beast since moving to RB and I posted in a different thread that imho her moving there really helped turn around how we play as a team. Excited we have her after this year. You can tell Hammill can/will be a really solid player ... she seems like she will benefit from an off-season of college training. But the game awareness and toughness is definitely there.

Oregon and MSU played to a 0-0 draw, so at the conclusion of tonight’s games among the top teams, here are the standings:

1. UCLA and USC (tie) - 19 points (6-0-1)

2. Rutgers - 17 points (5-0-2)

3. Iowa - 16 points (5-1-1)

4. MSU - 15 points (4-0-3)

5. OSU - 14 points (4-1-2)

6. Penn State - 13 points (4-2-1)

Every team has 4 games remaining before the Big Ten Tournament.

Reactions: SirScarlet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT