ADVERTISEMENT

Would Love for the Giants to Hire Greg Schiano

Would love to give Tennessee the middle finger. Giants need discipline but zero chance of this happening.

He went down in flames in the NFL. Was so hated. Not to mention he “disrespected the giants”.

Schiano’s style doesnt work in the NFL. Though I think it is effective in college.

Reactions: ScarletNYC
No offensive line and QB dysfunction - just screams out for Schiano solutions lol?

Reactions: brgRC90
He says he's learned from his previous mistakes, and Belicheck is a big believer. I don't think he did a bad job in Tampa, he just ran out of time. He deserves another shot, imo.
You also think RU would win B1G championships. Fortunately, no one takes you seriously and Fortunately, there is zero chance of the Giants considering GS

He says he's learned from his previous mistakes, and Belicheck is a big believer. I don't think he did a bad job in Tampa, he just ran out of time. He deserves another shot, imo.

I think so too but Greg's still a defensive coach, and I don't think rescuing a crumbling offense and drafting/cultivating a new QB fits Schiano's profile. Few NFL teams do well bringing new QBs along even when they know offenses.

I think so too but Greg's still a defensive coach, and I don't think rescuing a crumbling offense and drafting/cultivating a new QB fits Schiano's profile. Few NFL teams do well bringing new QBs along even when they know offenses.

Once the Giants fix the offensive line, they'll fix the offense. The Giants biggest problem has been not drafting the right talent at that position. This is why their OL stinks. Schiano's eye for talent would help them identify the best players for the offensive line, in the lower rounds. Everybody knows they're taking QB #1, but the OL picks are just as important. He could hire an Offensive Guru to coach them.

Once the Giants fix the offensive line, they'll fix the offense. The Giants biggest problem has been not drafting the right talent at that position. This is why their OL stinks. Schiano's eye for talent would help them identify the best players for the offensive line, in the lower rounds. Everybody knows they're taking QB #1, but the OL picks are just as important. He could hire an Offensive Guru to coach them.
The Vikings fixed their OL in one year. No clue how, but it was awful last year, and somehow this year it's making Case friggin Keenum look like a pro bowl QB.

Reactions: RU1977
Al, Al, Al, love you sometimes, your enthusiastic nature, optimism, ability to see the world through those Scarlet colored glasses, Rutgers needs more fans like you. But, please stay away from the NYGiants.

You would probably hire Kyle Flood as well

Bring back Greg. Dump Eli and Geno. Get Savage in as QB, and Chas Dodd over from Italy to be the backup. Bring in Sanu, Kroft, Coleman, Burton and Agudosi. May as well get the McCourty brothers too.

image.jpg

Belichek flamed out in Cleveland before finding success in New England and Parcels nearly got fired in NY before turned it around. Pete Carroll also fired first at Jets

Reactions: MidwestKnights
The Giants will not be looking at Greg Schiano. To add to the other speculations, Saban and Kelly will also not be getting looks. A lot of course is contingent on the GM hire, Abrams will not be given the position, so whomever it is from the outside will clearly have say, but I would be very surprised if Schiano got an interview.

Francesa was talking about Stanford's David Shaw. I like Stanford program and I like Shaw but he seems like a college coach to me. A little on the squishy side for NFL - especially for the Giants and their multiple head cases.

As a Rutgers fan who isn't a Giants fan.......... yes, I would love this..........

Sorry but to be a successful coach in the NFL, you need to be at least somewhat of a player's coach.

Francesa was talking about Stanford's David Shaw. I like Stanford program and I like Shaw but he seems like a college coach to me. A little on the squishy side for NFL - especially for the Giants and their multiple head cases.

Shaw is solid. Would be happy if they hired Shaw.

They need to hire a GM first.

As an aside, Greg got a bad deal in Tampa Bay. Between losing players to the MRSA from their locker rooms and getting saddled with Freeman he did ok. He saved the owners a fortune in cap room when Freeman walked away.

Reactions: czxqa and rutgersal
His "mistakes" with Tampa Bay are an essential part of his nature. He can't just change who he is. Let him be a DC in the NFL for a while before giving him the reins again. He would be a very good one and it would get him back in a pro locker room before getting the keys to the place.

And don't underestimate what a disaster he was with the Bucs. It's not about the record -- a lot of coaches have failed before finding success. But that locker room hated and mocked the guy, and largely with reason. Let him earn his way back at that level. He can do it.

Schiano's tenure in Tampa is widely considered a disaster, but the coach before Schiano was 17-31. The two coaches after him are a combined 21-39.

Schiano's tenure in Tampa is widely considered a disaster, but the coach before Schiano was 17-31. The two coaches after him are a combined 21-39.

Schiano was 11-21 at Tampa Bay....seems about par for the course.

Look at the context at Tampa Bay. Hell, even Billicheck could not win in Cleveland.

Schiano is toxic in the NFL given his era of disaster at Tampa though Belichik can hire him as a DC and no one would blink.
Toxic?? The Buccaneers are the toxic ones. On their 4 HC in the last 6 years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT