ADVERTISEMENT

WOW Barchi

Say what you want about Greg, but saying he isn't the right fit is just so off base. He is nothing but the right fit. No shortcuts, high APR, kids graduate and say nothing but good stuff about him.
To be the right fit, he needed to accept the generous offer presented. He’s saying Rutgers isn’t the right fit for me.

Gregettes are giving him far too much of a pass. Say what you want, but he got a very fair offer that he turned down. An offer he will never, ever get from any other school in the country.

Lol, its hard to believe but there was 2 other witnesses with me.

we caught him as he was walking out of winants and I asked him if he could speak with us for a couple minutes, he agreed.

i started the convo by saying

me: this is a strict fiscal decision and if hes considered how much the subsidy will go up/ how much money we’ll lose if we dont hire schiano.

barchi: the subsidy wont go up next year were a full share member of the big ten

Me: what are your thoughts on the loss of season ticket holders, donations, parking, concessions, student applications?

Barch: I DONT CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY. (YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS!!!). We are looking for the right fit for our football coach for the university and our athletes.

Me: so is greg schiano not the right fit?

Barchi: I guess hes not for us.

Me: so is it better to try to save a couple million instead of paying Greg Schiano his $4 mill. Which will make us even more money?

Barchi: where are you getting the $4 mill from? The cost is alot more than that for him

Barchi: Thank you for your support and passion for Rutgers.

@ruhoopscrazy added in his issues with RFund which barchi tried to address and had a woman take down his contact info and issues.

Bottom line, it’s over we’re ****ed

edit: Oh wait, he also said,

barchi: well look all our other sports, theyre doing well.

me: football drives the bus and is the revenhe generator.

Barchi: puts hands up as if to say “oh well”/too bad

This sounds consistent with what we know about Barchi. While he concerned about having a plan for the athletic department to be self reliant, he doesn't object to spending money on athletics as long as it is fiscally responsible. And he expects the AD to manage fiscal responsibility.

He also leaves athletic decisions to the AD, in consultation with the BOG Athletic Committee. So if Hobbs and Brown are now telling Barchi that Schiano is a bad fit, he isn't going to challenge that assessment.

This also suggests that the financial terms of the agreement weren't the barrier to hiring Schiano.

Maybe he just doesn't give a sh-it. He dines with the professors who hate athletics not the alumni who'd like to watch a non-embarrassing football team.
certainly sounds like it.. but he also seems like he's mentally gone...

Reactions: RUScrew85
To be the right fit, he needed to accept the generous offer presented. He’s saying Rutgers isn’t the right fit for me.

Gregettes are giving him far too much of a pass. Say what you want, but he got a very fair offer that he turned down. An offer he will never, ever get from any other school in the country.

Do we actually know he turned down anything? I dont think we know the full story yet

I would like to see the history of remarks made by this poster. Has spoken ill of Barchi before? If so why would anyone believe em. I don't believe it regardless. It's really being exposed how fake people are on here. It's nauseating

"Barch: I DONT CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY. (YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS!!!). We are looking for the right fit for our football coach for the university and our athletes."

Sounds like he is saying that getting the right coach for the program and players is worth more than making money. But Schiano isn't the right coach.
It is possible that the scandal is part of Schiano not being the right coach but they are not saying that out loud.
It's possible that the scandal is part of the issue, but I don't think that is the case. The Penn St / Tennessee stuff was well known. If that was the issue, they wouldn't have gone down the Schiano path at all. Something happened during negotiations to make Rutgers sour on Schiano.

I would like to see the history of remarks made by this poster. Has spoken ill of Barchi before? If so why would anyone believe em. I don't believe it regardless. It's really being exposed how fake people are on here. It's nauseating
There was 2 others with me. We have no reason to lie here. Ive actually never really spoken poorly about barchi, i always just thought it was solely a hobbs thing, still kinda do. Weve always heard barchi isnt really so focused on sports and honestly, why should he be? But today just confirms hes the type of pres that gives the AD full autonomy and gets out of the way

Reactions: mconvente
So you didn’t really leave and aren’t an Iowa fan. You are in a holding pattern. Thanks for your honesty.

Not one poster here who has made a declaration to leave is actually doing so. Not one.

There was less than 10,000 people in the stands last week. We've lost over 10,000 season tickets under your boy Hobbs watch. I'd say a lot of people have left. More to come.

This sounds consistent with what we know about Barchi. While he concerned about having a plan for the athletic department to be self reliant, he doesn't object to spending money on athletics as long as it is fiscally responsible. And he expects the AD to manage fiscal responsibility.

He also leaves athletic decisions to the AD, in consultation with the BOG Athletic Committee. So if Hobbs and Brown are now telling Barchi that Schiano is a bad fit, he isn't going to challenge that assessment.

This also suggests that the financial terms of the agreement weren't the barrier to hiring Schiano.

What's the deal with Brown? i thought he was all in on Schiano, and now the last few days everyone is saying he's the dissenter? i'm confused.

There was 2 others with me. We have no reason to lie here. Ive actually never really spoken poorly about barchi, i always just thought it was solely a hobbs thing, still kinda do. Weve always heard barchi isnt really so focused on sports and honestly, why should he be? But today just confirms hes the type of pres that gives the AD full autonomy and gets out of the way
Doesnt this put the blame solely on Hobbs, then?

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
He has been a great president. Planned all the medical mergers. He is a neurologist.A scientist actually. He played football at Georgetown as an undersized Center. He did not sign up for all these sports distractions. Scheduled to come back to teach after a year off. Hope that still happens.
Agree, but you are wasting your time trying to reason with a board that has a mob mentality. Don't bother with it. Intelligent folks understand what you mean.

Reactions: Caliknight

Schiano may have overplayed his hand, but that said, I think he jumps at an opportunity like BC or Pitt when they come along. I also think Rutgers can be successful without Schiano. The high school drama on this board is hysterical. It's like the girlfriend dropped them and they will never ever find true love again. :BrokenHeart

If true, Barchi needs to go now

Yeah I'm not going to believe Barchi said those words at all. The man may not be the most athletics friendly, but he's not dumb. I had the chance to speak to him a few weeks ago at an event. But by all means continue to pile on and take things with 0 context or collaboration as ultimate truth.

Someone confronted Barchi today with financial numbers that this person put together telling him we would be losing all sorts of money. Barchi responded with I DON'T CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY." The second part of the quote that has been left off was about finding the right coach for the athletes and the university.

Damn you leave for a few hours and the drama multiplies!:Shocked

What's the deal with Brown? i thought he was all in on Schiano, and now the last few days everyone is saying he's the dissenter? i'm confused.
That's why I am trying to find out what happened. Brown and Hobbs were all in on Schiano at the beginning of November, and something happened. And it doesn't seem they are so far apart on the financial terms. Something else has to have been the barrier.

Reactions: RW90
Someone confronted Barchi today with financial numbers that this person put together telling him we would be losing all sorts of money. Barchi responded with I DON'T CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY." The second part of the quote that has been left off was about finding the right coach for the athletes and the university.

which means the cheapest coach you can find

He wants to do it in the cheap

**** this old man
I think Barchi had specific goals in mind taking this job.. Med School Merger and so on.

Everything else is noise. He handles the noise when he can.. when forced to.

Gets noise about Mike Rice.. lawyers make noise that he cannot be fired for cause.. so, okay Tip, suspend him and get him counselling.

Then the Mike Rice video tape makes noise. Firing Mike Rice is supposed to make the noise go away. But the noise comes back about Pernetti. Okay, fire Pernetti. Then Barchi gets noise directed right at him... now he actually puts up resistance.

Hiring an AD.. he gets noise from Kate Sweeney and says, sure, hire Julie... are we done here?

Noise about Julie Hermann.. Fire Julie.

Hire a new AD.. gets noise about Pat Hobbs.. sure thing, Gov.. Pat, you are hired.

I think the noise about Schiano.. from the football haters and Hobbs and the outraged victims advocate BS.. that soured Barchi.. he doesn't want to worry about criticisms.. and you know Hobbs was likely not advocating for Schiano.. otherwise he would have hired him instead of ash the first time... and would have fought harder for him this time.

Greg Schiano was the right hire, right now. Hobbs failed at that which means Barchi has failed.

Barchi should do one final good thing for Rutgers and get Schiano hired. He doesn't have to fire Hobbs.. but make sure Schiano gets hired. It is the right thing to do.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
He has been a great president.

He's a clown.

Planned all the medical mergers. He is a neurologist.A scientist actually. He played football at Georgetown as an undersized Center.

Meaningless, meaningless and meaningless. The merger would have taken care of itself with any competent manager. "Oh, but we had to get the computers on the same system and we had to move everyone onto the same payroll and benefits program." <---- You mean like every other merger that has taken place in the country in the last 25 years?

He did not sign up for all these sports distractions.

Tough tits, that's the job. Nobody forced him at gunpoint to accept it and he gets paid to do it.

Scheduled to come back to teach after a year off. Hope that still happens.

The faster we can disassociate ourselves from this loser, the better. He clearly wanted to be the President of Holy Cross or Colgate, not a large state school. So everything that's not part of the "running a Patriot League school" experience he just ignores until it becomes burdensome ... then he fires someone and replaces them with someone he thinks will make the burden go away (so he can go back to running his Little Ivy). No proactive thinking. No understanding of marketing. Apparently no accounting skills. It's exactly the wrong mindset for what has been needed at Rutgers for the last 50 years.

Last edited:
He has been a great president. Planned all the medical mergers. He is a neurologist.A scientist actually. He played football at Georgetown as an undersized Center. He did not sign up for all these sports distractions. Scheduled to come back to teach after a year off. Hope that still happens.
That explains it. All those concusions and a history of bending over.

So what! He should never have been the Leader of a state University

Just show Barchi was Rutgers Football APR was when Schaino was here and then after he left.

Put it on academic terms.

Then show him number of season ticket holders then and now.

Arrests.. then and now.

Wins, rankings, bowl games.. then and now.

Remember.. Barchi was not here when Schiano was here. Ask him to meet with him and talk to him.

There was less than 10,000 people in the stands last week. We've lost over 10,000 season tickets under your boy Hobbs watch. I'd say a lot of people have left. More to come.

Yeah but who cares. Lacrosse is our flagship program right?

Bac --is this hearsay like the impeachment hearings???

no, its been verified by the person who talked to him and he was with two others, one of which is very very reputable...

Barchi is ****ing disgrace but we knew that from the last 5 years

Cali your pretty smug with the name calling.
Fact of the matter is, due to our inept administration, no other program in the country is in such dire straights as ours. Let me ask you when all the donors pull out what kind of money will there be to pay a coach? It’s also pretty obvious he doesn't have to accept anything! He’s in Ohio living his life. We needed him a hell of a lot more than he needed us! The University stands to lose a lot more money and prestige than it could have ever cost to hire Schiano and have a program the whole Rutgers Community could be proud of.
Right now this institution (especially its leaders) are the laughing stock of all of college sports.
Alumni of all ages can’t be to proud of that!
Your on the wrong side of history.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT